Not open for further replies.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Keefe's coaching:

Regular season - .665 winning %
Playoffs - .412 winning %

All you clowns pumping Keefe's tires for being a regular season hero...he's literally the worst playoff coach of all time lmao.

1714314738316.png

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
If Keefe does get fired it will be like a fart in the wind.

We've already covered all these issues.

Toronto are not close and they never were. Even if they got past MTL years ago they still wouldn't have achieved much.

BOS is an example of what we don't have: defense and solid goaltending. Woll might be good some day, but he still can't play defense.

We might have Matthews, but we are still short in so many positions. Who's our defensive prospects?

I am calling for a re-tool, and maybe we might give the playoffs another shot in 5 or 6 years.

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
If Keefe does get fired it will be like a fart in the wind.

We've already covered all these issues.

Toronto are not close and they never were. Even if they got past MTL years ago they still wouldn't have achieved much.

BOS is an example of what we don't have: defense and solid goaltending. Woll might be good some day, but he still can't play defense.

We might have Matthews, but we are still short in so many positions. Who's our defensive prospects?

I am calling for a re-tool, and maybe we might give the playoffs another shot in 5 or 6 years.

I agree but no need to re-tool. They actually can’t re-tool, they’ll lose Matthew’s by the time they’re ready again. They can be smart with Marner and when Johnny T comes off the books, they can fill massive voids. I just don’t think Treliving is the guy to make it happen.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I'm changing my tune.

I don't care about Keefe.

Marner needs to be traded. He has value

Keefe can coach this train wreck next year as long as we get Q when available. We are a salary cap dumpster fire regardless.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
I was wondering what Keefe said in his interview with Tre that let him keep his job. Did he tell Tre that part of the issue was Dubas getting too many rentals and it was hard to get them all on the same page for the playoffs? What could he have said to get an extension when it was pretty obvious that he was a huge part of the problem?

The thing that worries me about Tre is that he has a pretty bad track record of hiring coaches....so that is kind of scary moving forward.

Reactions: supermann_98

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
The thing that worries me about Tre is that he has a pretty bad track record of hiring coaches.

Unless he moves Marner, the coach won't matter.

Tre that let him keep his job.
I personally believe Tre won't hang his success on keeping Keefe. He's just waiting for a coach he wants.

Please be Q.
Please be Q.

Q probably wants back in Chicago ?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Probably should have pulled the trigger on starting Woll game 3 and if Woll is a wall for the team in game 4 it's going to look particularly bad in retrospect.

Playing the 4th line at all with less than 10 min left down by 2 was pretty strange too.

If Tre fires him this offseason before his extension even starts it's not exactly a glowing look for him either

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
All you clowns pumping Keefe's tires for being a regular season hero...he's literally the worst playoff coach of all time lmao.
Where Keefe actually probably WINS OUTRIGHT is the differential between regular season success and playoff failure.

+++ regular season success

--- playoff success (high failure)

=== KEEFE.

Dubas' buddy. Not an NHL coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: egd27

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I agree but no need to re-tool. They actually can’t re-tool, they’ll lose Matthew’s by the time they’re ready again. They can be smart with Marner and when Johnny T comes off the books, they can fill massive voids. I just don’t think Treliving is the guy to make it happen.
I wish Matthews all the best, but this team is not doing it throughout his career and never will.

Once again it won't happen magically through free agency.

They have no choice but to retool. They are always good enough to make the playoffs, but never have anything after.

They literally need 4 or 5 defensemen. You just can't do that in a 1 year turn around. It will take 4 or 5 years.

The window for Matthews is closing. It's a shame, but this is on people like Shanny/Dubas. Keefe is a bad coach, but important people have given him his chance (including Treliving).

Sad...

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Strategically, Keefe is playing right into Montgomery's hands.

Everything we're doing is what Jim wants us to do. They are focing us to dump/chip the puck in every entry and they are a group that works really well against dump and chase, starting with the way Swayman plays the pucks.

I forgot where I saw it but we are an incredibly cycle heavy team. Almost none of our offense comes off the rush. Bruins just getting the puck out of their zone quickly, even if it's means the Leafs are back on the attack, plays right into their gameplan.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I wish Matthews all the best, but this team is not doing it throughout his career and never will.

Once again it won't happen magically through free agency.

They have no choice but to retool. They are always good enough to make the playoffs, but never have anything after.

They literally need 4 or 5 defensemen. You just can't do that in a 1 year turn around. It will take 4 or 5 years.

The window for Matthews is closing. It's a shame, but this is on people like Shanny/Dubas. Keefe is a bad coach, but important people have given him his chance (including Treliving).

Sad...

Too much attachment to our players
We can't trade Nylander
We can't trade Marner
We can't trade Matthews

Leafs fans forget this team traded Sittler, McDonald, Clark and Gilmour
Let go of Sundin, Keon, CUJO

All these guys actually were beloved but it was all neccessary. All of them paid with their blood for this team
None of the new age stars have done anything, for me to feel about about trading or moving away from

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
He can't make Matthews, Marner, JT or Nylander score, have any of you played organized sports?

I was a National qualifying wrestler in H.S. I never once lost or won a match because of my coach. Sometimes the motivation of fans or my teammates pushed me through, but never a coach. You do your work before the match to prepare, then its up to you to perform.

Keefe will be canned as will Shanny, In the end it was the players who caused the pink slips. Anyone in management who lobbied for these massive contracts to remain on the books the one responsible for this eight year long fiasco/league wide embarrassment.

If you wear a Leafs hat around town nowadays you surely are mocked. The association is far worse than just "we tried but lost again".

How many multi person strategies are involved in wrestling? Hockey coaching requires planning and strategizing, as well a managing egos and accountability.

Don’t confuse the impact of coaches in individual sports to the coaches in team sports.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
If Tre fires him this offseason before his extension even starts it's not exactly a glowing look for him either
It's likely because he couldn't leave him in a lame-duck spot.

But if Shanny is gone as well as Keefe, the lame duck becomes Treliving. Which is why they should just clear them all out.

Reactions: egd27

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It's likely because he couldn't leave him in a lame-duck spot.

But if Shanny is gone as well as Keefe, the lame duck becomes Treliving. Which is why they should just clear them all out.

He apparently gave him a multi year extension. Could have just given him an single one.

If the Leafs fail to make the comeback this series and Shanny gets the axe, I don't see Tre lasting beyond one more season. New president will keep him to tread water and deal with minor contract stuff for a season (like Shanny did with Nonis) while he figures out his long term choice for the role

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I was talking to my buddies about it before the game, but his lineup choices were so weird for the game

I get keeping Robertson in if we needed offense, but how will placing him on that 4th line help? Who is getting him the puck so he can shoot? Is it the defensive center or the enforcer who can barely stickhandle? What made him think changing a very effective 4th line into one with a bunch of random pieces jumbled together was going to work

And then he gave Nylander 2 offensive blackholes to ensure he can do absolutely nothing when he's out there. How are Jarnkrok and Holmberg doing anything to push offense? Line 2 is already an offensive blackhole of suck with Marner/JT, maybe put Jarnkrok on there instead and have it as the pure defensive option. Give Nylander someone like Knies so they can work against weaker competition

Also, this powerplay strategy is HORRENDOUS AND EVERYONE CAN SEE WHY IT DOES NOT WORK! Boston allows Marner to carry the puck up and immediately pressures him or Tavares, the usual receiver of the puck on the half-wall during the zone entry. Both of those guys SUCK under pressure and the Bruins know it, so they throw everything at those 2 which results in a turnover and an easy clear. How the f*** does no one on the coaching staff see this??? All this money and they can't see a simple issue the entire hockey world can

Fix the damn powerplay by removing those 2 as the primary zone setup players. Run it through Nylander/Matthews or dump it in and grind away for possession

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
1714320024873.png

Brodie looks VERY BAD on both goals.
Sure on the first one, Reaves and Edmundson look worse.

Keefe is terrible.
#FireKeefeHireQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad