Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread III - To Eichel, or Not To Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That and not selling Manson for max value today. Zero doubt he could have gotten that Philly 1st for Manson and moved our 2nd for Buch.
Trade Manson to philly for
1st + 2nd + hagg

trade that 2nd + Tracey for buch

pick wallstedt/cossa at 14

trade gibson to carolina/avs
2021 + 2022 1st + Suzuki
Newhook + 2021 1st + barron/helleson

draft tuomaala with the 2021 pick

end up with
Center : Zegras + mctavish + Suzuki/newhook + steel Lundy groulx

wing: Comtois + buch+ + Rakell + terry + perreault + tuomaala

goalies : dostal + wallstedt/cossa(sign someone like ullmark/Freddie to hold the spot for a year or 2 )

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Can someone tell me now why we kept Delauriers?

We didn’t. Murray clearly signed Volkov and left him unprotected in hoped Seattle would take him over Fleury. It’s really simple, they chose Steel over Fleury. D-Lo was just a vet they chose to protect out of respect for him

Reactions: Paul4587

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Reinhart return about to also be extremely light. I both find that funny because of how obnoxious buffalo fans have been, but also distressing because we sure could have used him.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Reinhart return about to also be extremely light. I both find that funny because of how obnoxious buffalo fans have been, but also distressing because we sure could have used him.

Could have used him but not sure if we could have got him. Trade wise, sure, but more than the rest he seemed sick of losing so not sure if you can lock him up long term this offseason.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017

Given the track record, this smacks of Adams wanting a clean break so he can start his own rebuild, but Pegula wanting a king’s ransom so his already poor rep with the fan base doesn’t get any worse.

Either way, I am perfectly fine with Bob waiting this out as long as possible and driving the price down.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I’d imagine somewhere in the buch range makes sense…. Ufa that they won’t be able to afford(also opening up room for Jack eichel)

2nd + makes sense

then resign Rakell lindholm and zib
From a marketing standpoint his jerseys would sell out in Irvine and Mission Viejo. He's Persian-Swedish and OC is known for its Big Persian community in those 2 cities.
Perhaps would lead to more kids taking up hockey at the youth level.
And Zib is a 1C a perfect fit. Just that he's already past the Age range they'd want.

Hypothetical top 6 lineup with Zib:
Zegras/Zib/Rakell
Comtois/McTavish/Terry

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Can someone tell me now why we kept Delauriers?

The hope is that GMBM is playing a bit of a long game here keeping Deslauriers until the TDL and getting a 2nd or even a 1st for him in 2022. Same could be said for Rakell and Manson. The Ducks organizational plan may be to load up for the 2022 draft...it's going to be a good one.

Reactions: ducks8

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
The hope is that GMBM is playing a bit of a long game here keeping Deslauriers until the TDL and getting a 2nd or even a 1st for him in 2022. Same could be said for Rakell and Manson. The Ducks organizational plan may be to load up for the 2022 draft...it's going to be a good one.

I'm not sure if this is the best course of action. Going into a season, after multiple losing seasons, with the goal of losing to draft a potentially good player is not a way to run a successful team.

I'm all for getting the best value but I would be disappointed if the Ducks started next season with virtually all of the same players. It's time to trade some of these players (Henrique, Manson, Deslauriers, etc...) and not for picks. The Ducks need young, top 6 scoring forwards.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
I'd be fine with tanking another year simply because there are three (!) franchise players in the upcoming draft. But it has to be done correctly, not this washed-up bullshit of a tank the past four years were.

I'd be fine moving Rakell, Manson, Des, Henrique, and Silf. Keeping Rakell and Silf would be my preference, however. Try to stockpile high picks for 22 and 23 and then come out contender in 24.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
tenor (10).gif

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Could have been a thing where Francis was gonna pick Fleury that he knew and just protected Des out of respect.

From the Ducks post draft video, it seems that was the case. If they did 4-4, they could lose a forward which they valued more, since they feel they had better depth on D. So they went 7-3, and they knew by exposing Fleury that he was going to be their pick.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Maybe it’s the frustration mounting from a disappointing yesterday (I woke up more pissed we passed on Eklund); but I really hope Murray picks a direction and goes with it. If we’re not going to target Eichel and go rebuild, that’s fine, but stop this middle ground bullshit. We can’t sell every veteran and go full Edmonton, but holding on to all guys like Rakell and Manson isn’t going to cut it if we’re truly going the rebuild route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad