Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread III - To Eichel, or Not To Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I wonder if we’d be interested in Ryjo? Obviously they’d have to retain or pay us something to take him, but Murray’s comments suggested capitalizing on other teams cap issues

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I wonder if we’d be interested in Ryjo? Obviously they’d have to retain or pay us something to take him, but Murray’s comments suggested capitalizing on other teams cap issues
Anyone but him.

I'd imagine we'd only consider 1 or 2 year cap dumps. Anton Stralman is one I mentioned awhile back, but he can block a trade here if he wants.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He has another 4 years, that's an albatros. I don't see that contract movable unless a massive retention.

Which is funny because Preds fans gave a lot of shit about Kes contract. At least Kes got to 2 conference finals, lol.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
In my mind there is a difference between Getz and Perry. We kicked Perry out the door. At this point if Getz goes elsewhere he is walking out under his own power. He is a shadow of his former player self and I would offer a fair salary for what he is and has to offer, not an inflated salary out of some sort of "loyalty". If someone else is going to pay him more and he takes it, so be it. Of course, that would also tell me that his "loyalty" to the Ducks is more superficial that I would like to think.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Ry-jo = f***-no.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
What comments were those? I might have missed them.
It was in the interview with Ahlers, when asked about free agency. He said he was looking more at trades than that. It was just a short comment about maybe dealing with teams who are having cap issues.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
These past 4 days have been pretty shitty. No moves to try and improve this team and seeing some of the trades that happened, Ducks could have easily afforded some of these players.

As a Rangers and Ducks fan, that Buch trade must be a double kick in the teeth. Rangers should have received more and Ducks should have gladly paid it.

That one will not stop bugging me. 25 year old top line winger that could have been a massive upgrade and a core piece for years. How could we let that slip by?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
As a Rangers and Ducks fan, that Buch trade must be a double kick in the teeth. Rangers should have received more and Ducks should have gladly paid it.

That one will not stop bugging me. 25 year old top line winger that could have been a massive upgrade and a core piece for years. How could we let that slip by?

it was and I really wanted to see Buch end up on my other team. So it’s been pretty crappy these past few days for me, lol. I am also not crazy with the Rangers 1st round pick.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I'm not sure why anyone is surprised about the lack of Anaheim moves. Soon as they brought Eakins back, that was Anaheim throwing in the towel on the 21-22 season, so it's understandable the lack of moves to try and improve the hockey club.

Doesn't make it any less frustrating though.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
I'm not sure why anyone is surprised about the lack of Anaheim moves. Soon as they brought Eakins back, that was Anaheim throwing in the towel on the 21-22 season, so it's understandable the lack of moves to try and improve the hockey club.

Then why are Rakell and Manson still here? I'm not one of those people who thinks anyone over 26 on the roster during a rebuild is a travesty, but there a couple of really obvious dumps on the roster that we've been carrying for multiple years now.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
According to a league source, Buffalo owner Terry Pegula wants Eichel to land in the Western Conference. So if the Rangers are actually going to be in this race, the cost will be higher for them, say, than the Wild. It may be astronomical. And that doesn’t even include the $10 million cap hit (or the concerns about his neck injury).

I don't think we are in it anymore, but still interesting. Buffalo is refusing to take money back as well to help offset Eichel's contract.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

I don’t know, man. I was expecting them to really make some moves to get tangibly better. We hear a lot about how competitive Murray is and how much he hates tanking. But I’m beginning to wonder what’s going on here. We have some young talent on this roster that needs to be insulated. This would have been a good off-season to go get a proven young-ish player. The prices given up for Buchnevich and Reinhart just seem so reasonable to me. I mean we’re talking about a 3rd liner grinder and a late 2nd round pick for Buchnevich - that’s something you have to be all over to me. And what @KyleJRM said is so true. We’re caught in between. Either go get better or commit to the f’n rebuild and get assets for Rakell/Manson, even Gibson maybe.

You could be right though that this is simply a tread water season. Incredibly disappointing approach to take to me though

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Well if we’re gonna suck we might as well suck really bad and get another top 3 pick

We’re back to normal alignment though for 2021-22 and this division is GARBAGE. Vancouver/Calgary likely being the favorites to compete for the 3 spot after Vegas and Edmonton should tell you all you need to know about the strength of the Pacific.

Unless we get some luck in the draft lottery (lol), I think we’re picking 6-10 even if we do nothing

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I don’t know, man. I was expecting them to really make some moves to get tangibly better. We hear a lot about how competitive Murray is and how much he hates tanking. But I’m beginning to wonder what’s going on here. We have some young talent on this roster that needs to be insulated. This would have been a good off-season to go get a proven young-ish player. The prices given up for Buchnevich and Reinhart just seem so reasonable to me. I mean we’re talking about a 3rd liner grinder and a late 2nd round pick for Buchnevich - that’s something you have to be all over to me. And what @KyleJRM said is so true. We’re caught in between. Either go get better or commit to the f’n rebuild and get assets for Rakell/Manson, even Gibson maybe.
These things are pretty contradictory. And anyway I don't see how anyone could take a clear-eyed look at the team and think "boy, these guys should really commit to a rebuild already." 24th, 27th, 30th the last three years, with 23 draft picks to show for it, including 5 first rounders, two of which are already home runs. This is a very obviously rebuilding team, nothing in-between about it. Henrique's contract doesn't change that, not trading Rakell doesn't change that, not trading Silf doesn't change that.

That said, I think they ought to make some big changes because a season like that last one kind of demands changes, but that's different than saying they're not rebuilding enough.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
These things are pretty contradictory. And anyway I don't see how anyone could take a clear-eyed look at the team and think "boy, these guys should really commit to a rebuild already." 24th, 27th, 30th the last three years, with 23 draft picks to show for it, including 5 first rounders, two of which are already home runs. This is a very obviously rebuilding team, nothing in-between about it. Henrique's contract doesn't change that, not trading Rakell doesn't change that, not trading Silf doesn't change that.

That said, I think they ought to make some big changes because a season like that last one kind of demands changes, but that's different than saying they're not rebuilding enough.
Yep. Rebuilding is one thing, accepting losing without repercussions is something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad