Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread II - Eichel-watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Looks like Pitt fans want Gibson and Rakell for cheap scraps as they are now suddenly massively undervaluing them lol.
They must be thinking Burke will get them for cheap because he was Murray's boss at one time.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
2022 picks or maybe make it 2023 picks when Pitt drops off.

But in theory we are helping them fight off that drop off by sending them Gibson.

I just don't see any young piece in Pittsburgh that gives that conversation any legs. We aren't going to move a guy like Gibson for quantity, and the Pens best young pieces would be equivalent to other teams add ons.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Montreal actually hit the most in the league and they had more fights than Islanders this season (Islanders had the least fights). Ottawa had the most fights and the second most hits. Didn't do much for them.
The Islanders were the only team I can think of that roster 2 legit heavyweights (Johnston and Martin) they are play in the softest division so not their fault they didn't have many fights
Ottawa is a horrible example they are a young team on the right path actually had tough players protecting their youth that will pay dividends in the future hopefully Anaheim during this rebuild follows that

Reactions: robbieboy3686

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Sounds like it's just a waiting game at this point. Buffalo will wait as long as they can to get a better offer (as they should), but if they don't get one by the draft, they may take the 3rd overall pick offer.

Reactions: Paul4587

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Sounds like it's just a waiting game at this point. Buffalo will wait as long as they can to get a better offer (as they should), but if they don't get one by the draft, they may take the 3rd overall pick offer.

Ya I hope bm doesn’t get desperate and changes his mind.

I also think the only way minnasota can top 3rd overall is if they use Rossi

At this point tho, I’m not even sure I want eichel much… there is a lot of top 6 talent potentially available(and likely cheaper)

Reactions: Kalv

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Ya I hope bm doesn’t get desperate and changes his mind.

I also think the only way minnasota can top 3rd overall is if they use Rossi
I wonder how Buffalo views Rossi. They had a chance to take him last year and passed on him, then he didn’t play most of the year. Honestly not sure if they’d pick him over #3.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wonder how Buffalo views Rossi. They had a chance to take him last year and passed on him, then he didn’t play most of the year. Honestly not sure if they’d pick him over #3.
true and they did choose his line mate over him, despite rossi winning mvp, which I found a little odd

Reactions: duxfan1101
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

This might be NRD in a nutshell. Gets there late, doesn't really say anything(that tweet doesn't even really make sense), and will undoubtedly quote tweet that one in the event Eichel does come here, even though he didn't remotely call it.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
This might be NRD in a nutshell. Gets there late, doesn't really say anything(that tweet doesn't even really make sense), and will undoubtedly quote tweet that one in the event Eichel does come here, even though he didn't remotely call it.

I’ve followed him for 3 days now and I’m sick of him. 90% of his tweets are him just retweeting people stroking his… ego. He might have a source or two but he’s really not as credible as he leads on.

gunnergunther

Jul 3, 2010
A small Eichel update:
NHL Rumors: Jack Eichel and the Detroit Red Wings' Draft | NHL Rumors

Side note, why does everyone continue to put the Kings as a top landing spot even though all signs point to them not being in?
Because they’re the fit that makes the most sense. They have the young cheap pieces that buffalo is looking for, and the window for their best players is closing soon.
I really don’t understand the ducks being invested , I mean I guess people literally want to get eichel and become buffalo west.

Reactions: JabbaJabba and Kalv
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I'd personally be shocked if Minnesota lands eichel. I don't see any way that cap works.

The package needed to get him kind of isn't doable either. At minimum it would have to be one of Rossi or Boldy amongst other things, if not both, and they really need that ELC production. Kind of like how Toronto really can't trade Sandin or Robertson. Maybe Guerin tries to make it work anyway but it's a bit of an odd fit.

I think they have close to $55 million in cap committed for 22-23 with like only 9 guys signed, and obviously Kaprizov and Fiala aren't in there. That's not great.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The package needed to get him kind of isn't doable either. At minimum it would have to be one of Rossi or Boldy amongst other things, if not both, and they really need that ELC production. Kind of like how Toronto really can't trade Sandin or Robertson. Maybe Guerin tries to make it work anyway but it's a bit of an odd fit.

I think they have close to $55 million in cap committed for 22-23 with like only 9 guys signed, and obviously Kaprizov and Fiala aren't in there. That's not great.
The guys they would have to include have now become exponentially more valuable to them. None of this would make any sense.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Because they’re the fit that makes the most sense. They have the young cheap pieces that buffalo is looking for, and the window for their best players is closing soon.
I really don’t understand the ducks being invested , I mean I guess people literally want to get eichel and become buffalo west.
I really don't see us becoming Buffalo west with Eichel. With Eichel and Zegras we have 2 centers who can run a top 6 line. With our D core we are solid defensively, something Buffalo wasn't and we have Goaltending that buffalo never had. The real question is how much forward depth do we lose this summer between a trade for Eichel and the ED.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
I really don't see us becoming Buffalo west with Eichel. With Eichel and Zegras we have 2 centers who can run a top 6 line. With our D core we are solid defensively, something Buffalo wasn't and we have Goaltending that buffalo never had. The real question is how much forward depth do we lose this summer between a trade for Eichel and the ED.
Agreed, which is why I've been adamant that an Eichel deal cannot include even Comtois. Jack Eichel needs to be an addition, not an upgrade. I expect we are going to lose Rico one way or another. Those two centers (Eichel and Z) need wings to play with. I'm hoping we can find another top-6 wing to add to the mix.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Agreed, which is why I've been adamant that an Eichel deal cannot include even Comtois. Jack Eichel needs to be an addition, not an upgrade. I expect we are going to lose Rico one way or another. Those two centers (Eichel and Z) need wings to play with. I'm hoping we can find another top-6 wing to add to the mix.
This is my thinking as well. I would really love to see if we could swing either Garland or Konecny to supplement the top 6. Buch from NYR would also be nice. I am just not sure what we can give up. If we cant swing those guys then take a run at Hoffman on a short term deal as a UFA.

Reactions: Kalv and JabbaJabba

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

i don’t think Comtois would be included. I am pretty confident our offer would center around 3oa + Terry. Those 2 plus Steel, Dostal, and someone with salary (I think it will be Shattenkirk) is what I feel pretty confident our offer would be.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
i don’t think Comtois would be included. I am pretty confident our offer would center around 3oa + Terry. Those 2 plus Steel, Dostal, and someone with salary (I think it will be Shattenkirk) is what I feel pretty confident our offer would be.

Terry doesn't hold a lot of value IMO. I'd be shocked if thats all it took for Buffalo to trade us Eichel. Comtois holds a lot more value than Terry, and if its true Buffalo wants him, I think BM would be willing to add him to the 3rd OA to get Eichel. With that being said, I've grown pessimistic we are getting Eichel anyway, so its moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad