Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread II - Eichel-watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I dont see LA as a good spot for Eichel. Now I do think they may sign Landeskog, Which would suck for us.
Yup I think they will definitely be interested in Landeskog who might even see it as a good fit as well.

But let them sign or trade for whatever. I think they are rushing it a bit too much because of what Doughty said

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I just don’t see us landing Eichel. Maybe the third overall is enticing to Buffalo, but who’s to say they just turn around, trade it, and gain more assets with it?

I think other teams have better assets to give up rather than us. I think it’s rather naive to think that we are the best place to land him when you have a team like Vegas who can get anyone and everyone it seems.

the lack of medical information too is concerning

This argument simply needs to stop. There's no way in hell that any teams making an actual offer on Eichel don't either: (A) have full access to Eichels medical files/history or (B) have an "as long as Eichel passes our team doctors evaluation" clause built into their offer. It's a non-issue.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Drysdale will be a stud. Drysdale IS a stud. He's a non-starter for me unless the Ducks have access to info that we don't and Eichel will be ready to play in the fall. Even then...

agreed, even then it would hurt. To me they would have to keep 3rd overall and madden feel VERY good about the Dmen that will be available.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Apparently Eichel started skating again today.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
If Drysdale has to be a part of the trade that is a no go for me. You don't trade away players like Drysdale if you want to rebuild.
If Eichel is healthy you do instantly, imagine getting a 24 year old Getzlaf but Eichel is better when healthy you do that 10 of 10 times if he's healthy. That being said no one knows how healthy he is. Apparently he's skating today though.

I'd offer 1 of Drysdale or 3rd pick though no way I do both.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It won’t be Drysdsle and the 3rd. I could see it being Drysdsle+ a bunch of other good but not great prospects+ one decent roster player not named Comtois or Zegras

In that case we would use the 3rd to take a defenseman

However, I would prefer to just trade the pick and keep Drysdsle. I have a good feeling about him. Gives me Duncan Keith vibes

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
It won’t be Drysdsle and the 3rd. I could see it being Drysdsle+ a bunch of other good but not great prospects+ one decent roster player not named Comtois or Zegras

However, I would prefer to just trade the pick and keep Drysdsle. I have a good feeling about him. Gives me Duncan Keith vibes
Same, lets all take another moment to realize who we are talking about.

Last edited:

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
No way should we trade Drysdale. He had an amazing year and looks to be a star in a position we need.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
My thoughts were he either wants an 8 year deal, or he wants exactly enough term to get him to UFA.

Kaprizov wants a shorter deal to get to UFA so that he can make even more money. The Wild want an 8-year deal to lock in an AAV that will be more financially better for the organization long term. From Pro Hockey Rumors,

One thing to keep in mind with Kaprizov though is that now that he has played in North America, the Wild do not indefinitely hold his rights. When they selected him in 2015, they could wait as long as it took for him to try his hand at the NHL. The lack of a transfer agreement between the NHL and KHL meant that Kaprizov’s draft rights would never expire; if he wanted to play in the NHL, it had to be with Minnesota unless they traded him. But now that he has played out his entry-level contract and reached restricted free agency, that’s no longer the case. He would become an unrestricted free agent in three years when he turns 27, whether he plays in North America or not.

The cap will probably be stagnant for a year or two. In three years, the cap could go up again, which could be perfect timing to re-visit getting a new contract. But since Kaprizov has only one year in the NHL, then his offer may be lower than what he could want because no other NHL team can offer a contract to him. Thus, Kaprizov's options are stay with the Wild or sign outside the NHL.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
No way should we trade Drysdale. He had an amazing year and looks to be a star in a position we need.
or we can trade him for a superstar... now, that's 24 years old and about to enter his prime. (if healthy)

If there is any question about his health I would not include Drysdale.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
He has a neck injury which had the team discussing surgery - he will never be “healthy”. He will simply be “currently uninjured enough to play”.
Yep that's the risk you take. This would be like the Maple Leafs trading Matthews, imagine Eichel on that team. All depends on what the professionals think.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada

5gkle5.jpg

5gkle5

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Some people forgetting how good Eichel is. It's a risk, but that's why his price is going to be so low. The potential reward is ridiculous if this were to work out.
And if not then it will likely set the franchise back for at least a couple of years

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
And if not then it will likely set the franchise back for at least a couple of years
Set us back from what :laugh: If we don't trade for him the 3rd overall we get will take 2-3 years to even help us. Gibson will be older, Fowler will be older, Lindholm will be older, Manson will be older, Rakell will be older. If you are able to trade for a player like Eichel (pending health) you do it 10/10 times. He's a superstar #1C that is big, fast, strong, skilled, has an elite shot, great playmaker and just dynamic all around. He is a way faster, less physical Getzlaf with a shot.... that's 24 years old. I hope he is healthy either way I love watching him play.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Set us back from what :laugh: If we don't trade for him the 3rd overall we get will take 2-3 years to even help us. Gibson will be older, Fowler will be older, Lindholm will be older, Manson will be older, Rakell will be older. If you are able to trade for a player like Eichel (pending health) you do it 10/10 times. He's a superstar #1C that is big, fast, strong, skilled, has an elite shot, great playmaker and just dynamic all around. He is a way faster, less physical Getzlaf with a shot.... that's 24 years old. I hope he is healthy either way I love watching him play.

If he's healthy then Buffalo should not settle for less than Zegras as part of the return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille