Speculation: 2021 Offseason Thread - Back To Back Champs Edition

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
ABB signed a league minimum deal. He couldn't have taken less.

Colton gets what, in the 800-900 range?

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Crunching the numbers. Sending Gemel Smith down opens up our cap to 1.8m. Assuming Colton takes under 1m, it leaves us with enough to sign Katchouk or Raddysh to league minimum with $100k in cap. Losing one of those young guys to waivers would be really poor asset management but i dont see us making a trade until final rosters are due after preseason. Looking at the potential trade pieces as of right now, Colton (could want too much to come back), Joseph (could be passed over by Katchouk, Raddysh, ABB, Somppi, ETC.), Katchouk/Raddysh (probably the most likely)

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Could we trade Rutta ($1.3 cap) and play Claesson as bottom ($750K) pair LHD? Saves $550K cap.
Then we could move Sergachev to play with Hedman full time.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Could we trade Rutta ($1.3 cap) and play Claesson as bottom ($750K) pair LHD? Saves $550K cap.
Then we could move Sergachev to play with Hedman full time.
I'd rather not put Serg on the first. He gets his balanced minutes with the 3rd pair and offensive starts with Heddy. He's not ready to take on Hedman level minutes. He's better than Rutta, sure, but keep him as is.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
We left Ben Thomas unsigned, right? I thought he looked decent in his few games with us, hoped he could've gotten more of a look.
i wouldnt be surpised if he comes back. but i think with us bringing in Sustr that spot is taken now. also all the young guys in Syracuse will be filling out spots

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
With Raddysh signing and Katchouk likely getting that same deal. Does Colton price himself out of a deal and get moved for a decent prospect thats waiver exempt?

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
With Raddysh signing and Katchouk likely getting that same deal. Does Colton price himself out of a deal and get moved for a decent prospect thats waiver exempt?

If he does he's an idiot. Some players leave for a few million more, if he's willing to leave for an extra 100-200k then I'm more than happy to see him walk out the door.

I doubt that's what's going on though, I'm sure we'll see him sign soon.

Reactions: Hoek

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015

Never doubt the great JFBB.

He will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger.

39G.gif

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
If he does he's an idiot. Some players leave for a few million more, if he's willing to leave for an extra 100-200k then I'm more than happy to see him walk out the door.

I doubt that's what's going on though, I'm sure we'll see him sign soon.
i dont see him getting more than 1m. but we do need to move out 1 more guy to fit everyone.

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013

Nah he'll be back. He's had the most success so will likely get what we can give him around 1 mil. Could see 1 year though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad