Speculation: 2021 Offseason Thread - Back To Back Champs Edition

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
This puts us at 45 contracts with Colton, Foote, Raddysh, Katchouk, and Barre-Boulet left to sign. We qualified Day as well, but he could be the odd man out. So we'll get right up to 50 contracts heading into training camp. We don't have to be cap compliant until after the pre-season, so we could let this ride and then decide who to waive/trade. We could also have a player injured, prolonging this decision until even later in the season.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
A lot of shenanigans, a lot of scraps and a lot of penalties?

Give that line sub 10 minutes to empty the tank and they will be a disruptive nightmare for other teams to match up against. Not going to shut the other team down, not going to score a bunch, but will be a nightmare to play against physically and that adds value.

We are talking about fourth line here, the contribution on the scoresheet was never going to be big, but the contribution in terms of game dynamics will be noticeable IMO

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Just breaking it down, here are the 11 forwards who will definitely be on the team:

Stamkos
Kucherov
Point
Palat
Joseph
Colton
Maroon
Bellemare
Perry
Killorn
Cirelli

And then if the Lightning carry 13 forwards, we'll pick 2 more forwards from this group:

Stephens
Katchouk
Barre-Boulet
Raddysh
Ryfors
Hudon

And here are 12 more guys on nhl contracts who should be in Syracuse:

Somppi
Dumont
Elie
Cajkovic
Tufto
Koepke
Goncalves
Morand
Huntington
Fortier
Smith
Walcott

Reactions: Peacefool

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
When our fourth line were kids, the way they'd watch hockey was to go down to the nickelodeon to see the filmstrips.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Just breaking it down, here are the 11 forwards who will definitely be on the team:

Stamkos
Kucherov
Point
Palat
Joseph
Colton
Maroon
Bellemare
Perry
Killorn
Cirelli

And then if the Lightning carry 13 forwards, we'll pick 2 more forwards from this group:

Stephens
Katchouk
Barre-Boulet
Raddysh
Ryfors
Hudon

And here are 12 more guys on nhl contracts who should be in Syracuse:

Somppi
Dumont
Elie
Cajkovic
Tufto
Koepke
Goncalves
Morand
Huntington
Fortier
Smith
Walcott
Ryfors and Hudon will start in Syracuse for sure. between the other 4, ABB and Katchouk would provide the most. moving Stephens makes sense if we can get a mid round pick back or a waiver exempt prospect. that leaves Raddysh which he has great chemistry with Katchouk, ABB, and Colton, but requires waivers and dont think he will slide through. If we move him he probably gets a little more than Stephens would

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We lost some skill this year but we gained a shit load of grit.
I'm glad we addressed the grit thing, we were looking 2019 levels of softness. We still have our top 6 skill which does most of the heavy lifting. We're still I'm great shape. Plus, we have a Big Cat.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
At what point do waivers become an issue? For example, Capfriendly has Foote, Colton, and ABB listed as "NHL" status currently, and Raddysh, Katchouk, and Day as "Minor" status.

I'm obviously aware of what these designations mean, but when are they official for the start of the season? Does the team submit our final roster heading into game 1 shortly after training camp/preseason games....and then send down anyone not on that roster?

It seems wise to have all of your RFA's listed as "minor", with the Crunch, so that if they don't make the team they don't have to go through the waiver process, if eligible. Or does their designation at the end of one season carry over throughout the rest of the offseason?

Just trying to figure out, especially with the Perry signing, how we're going to keep all of these guys and not have to expose them via waivers. With Perry, Colton, ABB, and Foote our roster would sit at 22 players.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
At what point do waivers become an issue? For example, Capfriendly has Foote, Colton, and ABB listed as "NHL" status currently, and Raddysh, Katchouk, and Day as "Minor" status.

I'm obviously aware of what these designations mean, but when are they official for the start of the season? Does the team submit our final roster heading into game 1 shortly after training camp/preseason games....and then send down anyone not on that roster?

It seems wise to have all of your RFA's listed as "minor", with the Crunch, so that if they don't make the team they don't have to go through the waiver process, if eligible. Or does their designation at the end of one season carry over throughout the rest of the offseason?

Just trying to figure out, especially with the Perry signing, how we're going to keep all of these guys and not have to expose them via waivers. With Perry, Colton, ABB, and Foote our roster would sit at 22 players.
JBB either presses his luck with waivers for 2-3 guys or he makes some moves with them to get some more draft picks this year

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Have I ever told you guys lately how much I love this team? Like truly love this team? If being back to back champs wasn't enough they hate us so freaking much.

@The Gongshow I tell ya man..... a Ted DiBiase persona would be fire right now *nudge*

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
3-peat is inevitable

thanos.jpg

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
a plus jbb a plus lol i love this guy its like hes here listening to my thoughts lol...i wanted helm too but kuch point palat stamkos perry killer cirelli joseph colton maroon bellamere and stephens ill take this vs any team any day of the week.....biggggg offseason jbb you the mac daddy ...helm went over to avs ...perry is a huge deal i really wanted someone to work with stamkos talked to todd like 2 hours on it that cirelli needs to drop down a line and stamkos needed a vet physical scorer so perry was vital.... getting a vet to play lower line 3rd was less and helm was best choice but hope one of these guys can pull a colton and be worthy now we got everything letssssssssss gooooo

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
And there only 6 NHL teams then, so Toronto had a chance to win a cup.
Those six teams were

Hamilton Tigers, Toronto St. Patricks, Habs, Ottawa Senators, Montreal Maroons, and Boston Bruins.

Maroon was around to see the Maroons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad