Speculation: 2021 Offseason Thread - Back To Back Champs Edition

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Id get a look at Enrico ciccone as well!
i got his name on a storm jersey, I bet Andre Roy wouldnt mind coming back for a season. f*** it, lets build an enforcer team.
Downie-Gratton-Tucker
Zamuner-Konopka-Roy
Tarnasky-Wiemer-Vukota
Koci-Primeau-Barnaby

Kubina-Ciccone
Poeschek-Walker
Sarich-Huscroft

Cloutier
Smith

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
i got his name on a storm jersey, I bet Andre Roy wouldnt mind coming back for a season. f*** it, lets build an enforcer team.
Downie-Gratton-Tucker
Zamuner-Konopka-Roy
Tarnasky-Wiemer-Vukota
Koci-Primeau-Barnaby

Kubina-Ciccone
Poeschek-Walker
Sarich-Huscroft

Cloutier
Smith

Some great names up there. Og favorite player in Gratton. Paul Ysebart was a second with those pick quick commercials at the games!

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Can someone write here short summary about Raddish Katchouk and ABB,what can we expect,how they should be used,what will disappoint? Cuz i only saw ABB and Foot playing and honestly none of them showed that they will be our stars in future. But I am almost sure wrong,thats why asking about summary ,from those who saw them and can analyse them playing in AHL an how they will look in NHL and how fast they will adapt :)

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Can someone write here short summary about Raddish Katchouk and ABB,what can we expect,how they should be used,what will disappoint? Cuz i only saw ABB and Foot playing and honestly none of them showed that they will be our stars in future. But I am almost sure wrong,thats why asking about summary ,from those who saw them and can analyse them playing in AHL an how they will look in NHL and how fast they will adapt :)

Katchouk was an elite penalty killer in his junior days and on the Lightning he is probably going to be serviceable in that regard. ABB was snake bit on the top line last year and unless he's worked on his finish, I doubt that's gonna change much. I'm not expecting anything.

All said we have a bunch of dudes we drafted in 2016 playing their rookie seasons and ABB.

Reactions: Peacefool

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
ABB needs to be on a scoring line. He has a great shot and the small sample size from last year isn't enough to indicate anything really. If he's dropped to a 3rd or 4th line checking role and expected to be successful, he likely won't be.

The 2nd line could easily be changed a bit, as it was ineffective at times anyway. Could easily see a 2nd line with ABB-Cirelli-Stamkos, and have Colton and Killorn together as the main basis of the 3rd(joined by Perry, Joseph or the better fit between Raddush and Katchouk). If Colton could be effective as the 2C, they could also keep Killorn and Cirelli together on the 3rd line with the best fit. If Stamkos is moved back to 2C(seems the.most unlikely option), then several options would be open as well.

If ABB doesn't seem to be working on the 2nd line then sure, re-evaluate, but starting him on the 3rd or 4th line seems to be a recipe for him to fail here(of course then he'll likely get moved and become another Verhaeghe and another blunder in this regard).

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Katchouk was an elite penalty killer in his junior days and on the Lightning he is probably going to be serviceable in that regard. ABB was snake bit on the top line last year and unless he's worked on his finish, I doubt that's gonna change much. I'm not expecting anything.

All said we have a bunch of dudes we drafted in 2016 playing their rookie seasons and ABB.

I really don't see how there's anything wrong with his finish. With a guy who scores like he did in the AHL, the question is whether or not he can get scoring opportunities one level up; not whether or not he can finish them if they come. The fact that he got a lot of chances in limited appearances bodes really well.

I wasn't a believer in this kid coming into last season, but he has a knack for being in the right place at the right time. No saying he's gonna score the lights out or anything, but he could be good for 20 within a year or two. Maybe as early as this year if he's in the right situation all season.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
So do the Lightning have to move one of the kids to make everything fit or not? Could Colton just wait to sign when the Lightning can send a 2 way forward to Syracuse?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
So do the Lightning have to move one of the kids to make everything fit or not? Could Colton just wait to sign when the Lightning can send a 2 way forward to Syracuse?

We're allowed to be over the cap until the first day of the season. We'll eventually have to trade/waive someone but not now. And we can prolong it if someone is injured.

Reactions: BoltzManConstant

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I really don't see how there's anything wrong with his finish. With a guy who scores like he did in the AHL, the question is whether or not he can get scoring opportunities one level up; not whether or not he can finish them if they come. The fact that he got a lot of chances in limited appearances bodes really well.

I wasn't a believer in this kid coming into last season, but he has a knack for being in the right place at the right time. No saying he's gonna score the lights out or anything, but he could be good for 20 within a year or two. Maybe as early as this year if he's in the right situation all season.

Well he was very, VERY snakebit. He should've had far more goals than he did but working on your finish is a good way to help yourself out when your luck runs as dry as his did. Guy might as well be someone who hit a home run only for the ball to get zapped by lightning before it landed in the seats or a gust of wind picked up and pushed it away. It's made ABB's NHL scoring ability just a little bit more difficult to evaluate because there are so many guys who can do all the right things but it never translates and all you can do is ask why. I don't think he's gonna light it up either but him having 15 goals would be no less surprising as 15 points given how last year went for him.

The best I've got for him is I hope his skating/hustle has improved and if he did that he's got a very good chance of being an effective producer on our team and it's just a matter of if/when he figures out how to do it.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I have a feeling we will be waiving Perry and Bellemare off and on throughout the season. They won't go to Syracuse it would just be a way for us to keep Raddysh, Katchouk and Barre-Boulet up and not have to try to waive them. Waiving them frees up 1M in cap. So I have a feeling we sign Katchouk to the same 758,333k deal Raddysh got. I think Colton will sign 2 years at 1,367,379. Why that amount because it would make the roster have a cap hit of 89,375,000 then when we send down Perry the cap is 88,375,000 which would be 6,875,000 over the cap and the exact amount Seabrook costs.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I have a feeling we will be waiving Perry and Bellemare off and on throughout the season. They won't go to Syracuse it would just be a way for us to keep Raddysh, Katchouk and Barre-Boulet up and not have to try to waive them. Waiving them frees up 1M in cap. So I have a feeling we sign Katchouk to the same 758,333k deal Raddysh got. I think Colton will sign 2 years at 1,367,379. Why that amount because it would make the roster have a cap hit of 89,375,000 then when we send down Perry the cap is 88,375,000 which would be 6,875,000 over the cap and the exact amount Seabrook costs.

It would be such a Marc Bergevin move to claim Perry off waivers if this happened. But then again we were the only team offering the extra year of term, maybe that prevents Perry from getting claimed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad