Speculation: 2021 Offseason Thread - Back To Back Champs Edition

Point21

Oct 23, 2018

No surprise here, With Alnefelt, Miftakov, and Legace taking AHL spots. Martin was either ECHL or be moved

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I have a feeling we will be waiving Perry and Bellemare off and on throughout the season. They won't go to Syracuse it would just be a way for us to keep Raddysh, Katchouk and Barre-Boulet up and not have to try to waive them. Waiving them frees up 1M in cap. So I have a feeling we sign Katchouk to the same 758,333k deal Raddysh got. I think Colton will sign 2 years at 1,367,379. Why that amount because it would make the roster have a cap hit of 89,375,000 then when we send down Perry the cap is 88,375,000 which would be 6,875,000 over the cap and the exact amount Seabrook costs.

Sounds smart but too dickish to try and pull off

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Sounds smart but too dickish to try and pull off

What's dickish the waiving them part? Perry was sent back and forth between the taxi squad and regular lineup all last season to maximize cap space. It might not come to that as maybe we can sneak one of the kids through and don't give Colton as much so the cap works. But I wouldn't put it past BriseBois to do some crazy math like that.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I mean maybe I am wrong, but he said he turned down multiple better offers to sign a multi year deal with a winner, seems like it’s a different situation

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Man, imagine if even one of these kids puts up like 40-50 points over the next three years. Could be absolute steals!!! Excited to see what they can bring to the team

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
This is really exciting because Alnefelt seems like a good, long term solution as a backup to Vasy. Well.... him or Miftakhov depending on how his KHL time goes
Miftakov will likely split time between AHL and ECHL if anything this season and then take the 1b spot in AHL

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Miftakov will likely split time between AHL and ECHL if anything this season and then take the 1b spot in AHL

Ahh so it's official he's coming to North America? Must've missed it. Well good for him. If Kazan wasn't intent on playing him much then I suppose it beats the alternative of him just sitting there waiting for his next game

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
"Split time" usually means playing in the ECHL full-time.

Do we know how his English skills are? Orlando doesn't have a dedicated goalie coach, nor anyone Russian (at the moment). The transition to NA and its game could be rough.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Ahh so it's official he's coming to North America? Must've missed it. Well good for him. If Kazan wasn't intent on playing him much then I suppose it beats the alternative of him just sitting there waiting for his next game
All signs are pointing to him coming over. i know he signed his ELC and will be at camp this year so i wouldnt doubt they give both him and miftakov good looks in preseason

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
"Split time" usually means playing in the ECHL full-time.

Do we know how his English skills are? Orlando doesn't have a dedicated goalie coach, nor anyone Russian (at the moment). The transition to NA and its game could be rough.
Dont really see any articles on how his english is but going off his instagram (could be using google translate) his english seems fine for being from Russia. im sure JBB will have him stick in the AHL full time and have him and Alnefelt flip flop games with Legace being the main starter.

Reactions: Felonious Python

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Dont really see any articles on how his english is but going off his instagram (could be using google translate) his english seems fine for being from Russia. im sure JBB will have him stick in the AHL full time and have him and Alnefelt flip flop games with Legace being the main starter.
Cool.

The goalies who can do well in the ECHL are the ones who can really take charge of their own training. Essentially what JBB was talking about with the team giving the player the resources, but the guy doing the work.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Cool.

The goalies who can do well in the ECHL are the ones who can really take charge of their own training. Essentially what JBB was talking about with the team giving the player the resources, but the guy doing the work.
Are you saying the onus is on the player? I’m getting Guy Boucher vibes.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
IMO yes but you'll have the sticklers who say it has to be 4. Nevermind that the Oilers didn't threepeat.

In all fairness, the Canadiens, Oilers, Islanders, and even the Wings and Leafs had 4 either in a row or within like a 5 or 6 year span. I actually do understand the logic behind that. Now, the Hawks had 3 in 6 and a lot of people poo poo'd that too and while I agreed with it, that was because I felt 6 years was too long of a span. IMO a threepeat by us would eclipse their accomplishment in the regard that we made history by being the first team to manage it since 1983 and it would at least come closer to such a claim.

It'll be interesting no matter what because some of our guys are already a mortal lock for the HHOF and I'm curious if a threepeat gets them in on the first ballot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad