Speculation: 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I might get some heat from fellow fans, but I’m a bit hesitant to commit long term for both.

Lindholm is a key cog in our defensive core. Problem is, I feel like each injury slows him down a bit more than before. If we extend Lindholm and he keeps getting injured, it won’t age well.

Manson is the same old story with me; one step forward, two steps back. I just feel like it would be better for our future if we moved forward from him and drafted someone like Power who would be an upgrade over him in the long-term (if it came to that).

I wouldn’t mind moving on from both if we had to.
You're not taking into account that Power is a left and Manson is a right. Having Shatt as our #2 on the right side would be a nightmare. Unless we're going 100% tank and trading Gibson, Lindholm, Rakell and Fowler we should not be trading Manson.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I might get some heat from fellow fans, but I’m a bit hesitant to commit long term for both.

Lindholm is a key cog in our defensive core. Problem is, I feel like each injury slows him down a bit more than before. If we extend Lindholm and he keeps getting injured, it won’t age well.

Manson is the same old story with me; one step forward, two steps back. I just feel like it would be better for our future if we moved forward from him and drafted someone like Power who would be an upgrade over him in the long-term (if it came to that).

I wouldn’t mind moving on from both if we had to.

I think giving up one of them very soon is inevitable. They are both great when they are healthy and playing their best game, but I don't want to see them getting long contracts because they are getting older and both have had bunch of injuries during their career and their injury history will start weighing them down more and more. I would rather keep Lindholm than Manson because he's better and a couple of years younger. I hope that the Ducks are able to improve their defence and reduce Lindholm's minutes so he would be less prone to injuries.

Reactions: Kalv

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
You're not taking into account that Power is a left and Manson is a right. Having Shatt as our #2 on the right side would be a nightmare. Unless we're going 100% tank and trading Gibson, Lindholm, Rakell and Fowler we should not be trading Manson.

FIFY

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
After a slow start to the tournament, Henrique has 6 points in the last 2 games playing with Mangiapane and Connor Brown. Comtois, on the other hand, seems to be taking a lot of minor penalties.

Reactions: Kalv

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
After a slow start to the tournament, Henrique has 6 points in the last 2 games playing with Mangiapane and Connor Brown. Comtois, on the other hand, seems to be taking a lot of minor penalties.

Henrique auditioning for Seattle? :sarcasm:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Henrique auditioning for Seattle? :sarcasm:

I'd like to keep Rico. He's our second highest goal scorer and we need goal scorers. Plus, he did turn his game around after he got waived. What Rico is going through with team Canada is probably something similar with what he went through with Anaheim, the talent just isn't there and you need to still go out and produce. I guess being made Captain makes him no wallow either.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd like to keep Rico. He's our second highest goal scorer and we need goal scorers. Plus, he did turn his game around after he got waived. What Rico is going through with team Canada is probably something similar with what he went through with Anaheim, the talent just isn't there and you need to still go out and produce. I guess being made Captain makes him no wallow either.

I have no issues at all with Rico if he can still pot around 25 goals and 40-45 points giving support in the middle six. Like to see him with Terry, they had good chemistry. Still need to add another scoring winger, and if they are moving on from Rakell will need to find two Top 6 wingers, on top of another Top 6 C to replace Rico eventually.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Rakell Zegras Comtois
Getzlaf Henrique Terry
Whoever Lundestrom Whoever
Whoever Whoever Whoever

Lindholm Drysdale
Fowler Manson
Fleury Shatt

That's about as good as it's gonna get unfortunately imo. If you trade Rakell or Manson then replace with someone.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rico already with a Goal and an Assist today, they are playing a bad team but still a nice back hand goal.

I bet you guys are still sleeping? Lol.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Rico already with a Goal and an Assist today, they are playing a bad team but still a nice back hand goal.

I bet you guys are still sleeping? Lol.
I'm watching... I'm always watching....

Reactions: Leonardo87
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Canada was pretty much skating circles around Finland to begin the game. Also I can't believe Finland gets away with playing Marko Anttila in 3o3 OTs.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Henriques is a scoring machine in the Worlds. I hope he bounces back.

Not sure what to make of Henrique. Do they keep him and hope he gets back to the level he was before this season and be a solid 2c and support the younger guys like Terry , or has relationships been totally severed since he was waived and cannot recover. I would think his performance in the Worlds are getting some attention and could boost his trade value.

If he can back to that 25-20-45 level that would be huge, but just as long as there are about 3 or 4 guys that have more points than him. Lol.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Not sure what to make of Henrique. Do they keep him and hope he gets back to the level he was before this season and be a solid 2c and support the younger guys like Terry , or has relationships been totally severed since he was waived and cannot recover. I would think his performance in the Worlds are getting some attention and could boost his trade value.

If he can back to that 25-20-45 level that would be huge, but just as long as there are about 3 or 4 guys that have more points than him. Lol.

The Henrique situation is an interesting one. He can still produce and play at a top 6 level. At the same time, his contract is too long and a little high. I think once he was waived, it was a clear statement that his time in Anaheim is limited. BM's comments about players commiting to the team seemed to be a clear shot at Henrique as well. It has been stated in a few different places that BM is actively looking for top 6 players too which could indicate his position is available.

The ED is an interesting story as well. It's possible Seattle could look at a 35-45 point veteran center with years on control as valuable. They will also have the cap space. If not, the Ducks could eat some of his salary and trade him if needed. I think it is more likely he won't start next season as a Duck.

Reactions: Leonardo87

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Currently participating in a mock offseason with 31 other fan "GMs", here's what I've been able to work out thus far.

Trades

Adam Henrique (1.325M retained) + 2022 6th to Buffalo for Miska Kukkonen + 2022 3rd

Rickard Rakell to Carolina for Ryan Suzuki + Noel Gunler

2021 3rd rounder to Seattle for expansion considerations (Seattle selects Shattenkirk)

Ryan Suzuki, Jacob Perreault, Lukas Dostal, 2021 2nd to Buffalo for Sam Reinhart

Josh Manson (1.025M retained) to Philly for Zayde Wisdom, 2022 2nd, 2021 5th

Danton Heinen to Arizona for 2021 4th, 2022 5th

Signings

Sam Reinhart - 5 years @ 7M
Max Comtois - 2 years @ 2.75M
Isac Lundestrom - 3 years @ 1.6M
Max Jones - 2 years @ 1.25M
Sam Steel - 1 year 1.1M
Alexander Volkov - 1 year 1M
Josh Mahura - 1 year 900k
Blake McLaughlin - 3 year ELC 810k

Draft

1) Buffalo - RD Brandt Clarke
2) Seattle- LD Owen Power
3) Anaheim - LD Simon Edvinsson

Current Roster

Max Comtois (2.75M) - Trevor Zegras (925k) - Sam Reinhart (7M)
Max Jones (1.25M) - Isac Lundestrom (1.6M) - Troy Terry (1.45M)
Alexander Volkov (1M) - Sam Steel (1.1M) - Jakob Silfverberg (5.25M)
Nic Deslauriers (1M) - Derek Grant (1.5M) - Sonny Milano (1.7M)

Hampus Lindholm (5.206M) - Cam Fowler (6.5M)
Haydn Fleury (1.3M) - Jamie Drysdale (925k)
Jacob Larsson (1.2M) - Josh Mahura (900k)
Brendan Guhle (800k) - Kodie Curran
49.631 + Perry Buyout (2M) + Henrique/Manson retention (1.325M + 1.025M)
Total = 53.981M

Sitting just over 6M below the cap floor heading into free agency (rules do not UFAs to re up before hitting open market). Will be bringing back Getz, Carrick and hopefully Hawk to solidify the bottom pair, but curious on who else to target. Going to be in on Bunting for sure.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Henrique situation is an interesting one. He can still produce and play at a top 6 level. At the same time, his contract is too long and a little high. I think once he was waived, it was a clear statement that his time in Anaheim is limited. BM's comments about players commiting to the team seemed to be a clear shot at Henrique as well. It has been stated in a few different places that BM is actively looking for top 6 players too which could indicate his position is available.

The ED is an interesting story as well. It's possible Seattle could look at a 35-45 point veteran center with years on control as valuable. They will also have the cap space. If not, the Ducks could eat some of his salary and trade him if needed. I think it is more likely he won't start next season as a Duck.

Out of the 3 vets of Silf, Rakell, and Henrique, one has to go, and maybe they have to move Henrique who seems to be one of the ones who was called out by BM. Can then re-sign Rakell to a team friendly deal since he wants to be here and showed that on and off the ice. Silf deserves a chance to bounce back had a serious injury, and deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Can run something like...

Comtois - Zegras - Terry
Rakell - Lundestrom - Silf

That’s an average Top 6, it’s not bad or great just ok. Need to fill the 2C spot and add a Top 6 winger , I think Silf will be good on a 3rd line with say Getz, if he is returning.

I dunno, maybe reading too much into this but his performance in the WC is kinda like a middle finger to Anaheim who waived him earlier this year.

Reactions: Hey234

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Currently participating in a mock offseason with 31 other fan "GMs", here's what I've been able to work out thus far.

Trades

Adam Henrique (1.325M retained) + 2022 6th to Buffalo for Miska Kukkonen + 2022 3rd

Rickard Rakell to Carolina for Ryan Suzuki + Noel Gunler

2021 3rd rounder to Seattle for expansion considerations (Seattle selects Shattenkirk)

Ryan Suzuki, Jacob Perreault, Lukas Dostal, 2021 2nd to Buffalo for Sam Reinhart

Josh Manson (1.025M retained) to Philly for Zayde Wisdom, 2022 2nd, 2021 5th

Danton Heinen to Arizona for 2021 4th, 2022 5th

Signings

Sam Reinhart - 5 years @ 7M
Max Comtois - 2 years @ 2.75M
Isac Lundestrom - 3 years @ 1.6M
Max Jones - 2 years @ 1.25M
Sam Steel - 1 year 1.1M
Alexander Volkov - 1 year 1M
Josh Mahura - 1 year 900k
Blake McLaughlin - 3 year ELC 810k

Draft

1) Buffalo - RD Brandt Clarke
2) Seattle- LD Owen Power
3) Anaheim - LD Simon Edvinsson

Current Roster

Max Comtois (2.75M) - Trevor Zegras (925k) - Sam Reinhart (7M)
Max Jones (1.25M) - Isac Lundestrom (1.6M) - Troy Terry (1.45M)
Alexander Volkov (1M) - Sam Steel (1.1M) - Jakob Silfverberg (5.25M)
Nic Deslauriers (1M) - Derek Grant (1.5M) - Sonny Milano (1.7M)

Hampus Lindholm (5.206M) - Cam Fowler (6.5M)
Haydn Fleury (1.3M) - Jamie Drysdale (925k)
Jacob Larsson (1.2M) - Josh Mahura (900k)
Brendan Guhle (800k) - Kodie Curran
49.631 + Perry Buyout (2M) + Henrique/Manson retention (1.325M + 1.025M)
Total = 53.981M

Sitting just over 6M below the cap floor heading into free agency (rules do not UFAs to re up before hitting open market). Will be bringing back Getz, Carrick and hopefully Hawk to solidify the bottom pair, but curious on who else to target. Going to be in on Bunting for sure.
I like everything but the Reinhart trade. If we are going to cut veteran contracts and build with youth, I would keep Perreault and Dostal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad