Speculation: 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Stolarz is our only representative on USA, and it seems Lindholm will not play for Sweden. So the final tally seems to be Comtois (CAN), Henrique (CAN), Stolarz (USA), Rakell (SWE), and Lundestrom (SWE). Only surprise to me was Terry not wanting to go, because he’s definitely better than most of that forward group.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I appreciate Ricky's optimism and it's not like Buffalo players wanting the hell out, but think he is a tad too optimistic...But still good to see..

I think it's good he's so optimistic. They played the worst season in franchise history but are still bought into the team's future and culture and that's huge for a rebuild. Buffalo has none of that and it's part of why they're floundering so hard.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think it's good he's so optimistic. They played the worst season in franchise history but are still bought into the team's future and culture and that's huge for a rebuild. Buffalo has none of that and it's part of why they're floundering so hard.

Granted the Ducks need a lot of help in the scoring department it's good to see players are being patient and want to see the rebuild through. But the ship needs to start at least turning course next season.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Besides a new PP coach, I wonder if we can get a new medical staff as well? There's gotta be a way we can keep our players healthier to prevent from getting injured so often.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Besides a new PP coach, I wonder if we can get a new medical staff as well? There's gotta be a way we can keep our players healthier to prevent from getting injured so often.

This franchise has not recovered from losing Skahan. Get a professional strength and conditioning regimen in here ASAP.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The five week mark where the negativity was at its highest is the exact moment when Rico got waved ... 1+1=2
I could see a mutual termination of contract this summer

I don't think Rico can garner a better contract after this season's slip up. If I were his agent, I'd tell him to play out the contract because he won't see anything near it from here on to the end of his NHL career.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Why wouldn’t he want to stay?

-has smoking hot wife that lives here
-makes millions while living near the beach
-great weather year round
-very little pressure on him from media
-is friends with most of the guys on the team
-despite how bad the team has been the team does show signs of improvement

I don’t think I’d leave either

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Losing is no fun though.

I think Ricky has adopted well to the new roles, but he doesn't appear to be a leader in terms of driving the team on and off the ice.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I think Rakell was having a very good season then had that head injury which could have been a lot worse but still set him back. We gotta keep some proven skill in the Top 6 and rather have Rakell the next 5 years then trading for a lackluster return that may take years to even turn into anything if it even does.

If he takes a team friendly deal I’m all for it. With his down seasons don’t see him commanding much more than guys like Rico and Silf who are both overpaid and the cap was projected to keep going up and whatnot when they signed those.

But I get a lot of people are on the fence with him if not already wanting him to be traded. Which I understand .

Reactions: AngelDuck

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Losing is no fun though.

I think Ricky has adopted well to the new roles, but he doesn't appear to be a leader in terms of driving the team on and off the ice.
he doesn't need to be that. not every player needs to be a leader. if he wants to stay here and play good hockey and that's it, then cool.

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think Rakell was having a very good season then had that head injury which could have been a lot worse but still set him back. We gotta keep some proven skill in the Top 6 and rather have Rakell the next 5 years then trading for a lackluster return that may take years to even turn into anything if it even does.

If he takes a team friendly deal I’m all for it. With his down seasons don’t see him commanding much more than guys like Rico and Silf who are both overpaid and the cap was projected to keep going up and whatnot when they signed those.

But I get a lot of people are on the fence with him if not already wanting him to be traded. Which I understand .
I think you offer him 4-5 [email protected] million this July and see if he bites at it. If so, great.

But if he doesn’t, you have to trade him. Literally no other choice. You can’t lose an asset for nothing like that during a rebuild

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Eakins referred to the Avalanche a few times in the interview. Would be nice if Murray and Eakins consider the Av’s play style to be
the paradigm for the Ducks

Reactions: wraparound

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Yeah the people who come here from extremely cold weather seem to really like it here.
California property taxes suck but taxes are high in Sweden too.
Btw former NHL goalie from Sweden Eddie Lack is now a real estate agent in Phoenix, they really love the warmer weather.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Yeah the people who come here from extremely cold weather seem to really like it here.
California property taxes suck but taxes are high in Sweden too.
Btw former NHL goalie from Sweden Eddie Lack is now a real estate agent in Phoenix, they really love the warmer weather.

...how in the world do you know this? Never in my entire life would I ever think to myself “Hmm, I wonder what Eddie Lack is doing right now” lol

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
...how in the world do you know this? Never in my entire life would I ever think to myself “Hmm, I wonder what Eddie Lack is doing right now” lol
A tweet by Eddie Lack showed up after i scrolled down after reading a tweet that someone linked here and it showed up at random and saw in his bio that he's a real estate agent now
https://twitter.com/eddielack
minor correction, his twitter says he's working in Scottsdale not Phoenix.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Eakins has to go, ridiculous he's going to be back.

Yeah, I’ve tried to give him the benefit of the doubt with the lack of skill to work with, but a good NHL coach would have gotten more out of this roster, including a better PP. Sadly, I think Murray has to go first before Eakins can and ownership is likely not ready to knock down that domino just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad