Speculation: 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Do you think it's a stretch for Dostal to play a few NHL games this year, spending most of the year as the Gulls starter? I'd be fine with that, seems like a perfect role for him to be honest.

Might be a good idea to pair him with a veteran backup in the AHL (Jeff Glass type), but then what do you do with OEE?
I wouldn't mind giving Dostal or OEE a cup of coffee but what do we do if they aren't ready? And as I stated earlier there's talk of adding a goalie taxi squad, if they do the veteran would just sit on there when not active.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
The Ducks still have their longtime captain, and the 36-year-old should pass Teemu Selanne to become the franchise’s all-time leading scorer and first to amass 1,000 points in their sweater. But the larger question is where he will be in their lineup. No longer does he own the No. 1 center role that’s been his for most of his career.

“I think that will play out,” Murray said. “So far, he’s been very involved in things going on. I think he’s very into what’s happening here this year and what’s going on with that. We’ll see how his body reacts to the year. I know he’s done more training in certain areas this year that he has in others. We’re very hopeful he can give us a bunch of really good games at center ice with a couple good wingers.

“But I also can see him eventually going down the lineup if he wants to. I can see Getzy being a fourth-line center and loving the role.

The Anaheim Ducks have embraced their rebuild as they enter training camp – The Athletic

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
This is the year where the baton gets passed officially from Getzlaf to Zegras. I expect Z to go on a Getzlaf like run of leading the team in scoring starting this season and probably going for around a decade.

That’s a lot to ask but I think Is pretty likely at the same time

I’m pretty sure Getz lead us in scoring every season from 2007-2008 until 2018-2019 with the only exceptions being 2010-2011(when his line mate won the Hart) and 2011-2012(the worst year of his prime by far)

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
This is the year where the baton gets passed officially from Getzlaf to Zegras. I expect Z to go on a Getzlaf like run of leading the team in scoring starting this season and probably going for around a decade.

I’m pretty sure Getz lead us in scoring every season from 2007-2008 until 2018-2019 with the only exceptions being 2010-2011(when his line mate won the Hart) and 2011-2012(the worst year of his prime by far)
2011-12 when Selanne led the team in points with 66.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The past two to three years as he’s declined from being a superstar to just a good player have shown how lucky we were to have a player as good as Getz for as long as we had him. He carried this offense on his back for a whole decade.

I think it’s going to be a case of our young guys filling his role by committee rather than one guy taking the reigns. I think Zegras is going to be a very good player but to ask him to reach the heights Getzlaf reached is a huge ask. Hopefully we can get Z a deeper supporting cast than Getzy had most of his time here, for many years we were the definition of a one line team.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014

Also the year he has his first kid

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I hope Getz is a little further down the lineup this year, if only it might improve his chances of staying healthy by managing his minutes better.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Yemeth

Feb 3, 2013
Zagreb
This is one of the seasons where I would love to have more veteran workhorses with character (example: Cogliano) on the roster. As the team is obviously not realistically fighting for a playoff spot (anything can happen, but it is a slim chance), we could've at least got 1-2 veterans how can protect the young players and teach them work ethic. Not that we get a "no matter if I loose, let's got party" lockerroom vibe which many teams had to fight against...

Reactions: Boo Boo

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Anaheim Ducks 2021-22 season preview – The Athletic

Screen-Shot-2021-09-20-at-11.40.14-PM.png

Reactions: Getz2noone

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Dom was finally forced to write more than a paragraph about the Ducks, and I think he actually did a good job.
- He projects Zegras should be on close to a 60 point pace
- Drysdale was very bad, but his comparables as a teenage defenseman range from Ristolainen to Karlsson, so it's not a huge deal
- Terry is projecting well and has great underlying numbers, but needs to prove it in bigger minutes
- Lindholm was fantastic last year in a small sample size. He was among the league's best at suppressing chances off zone entries (Drysdale was one of the worst in this regard). And he thankfully made it clear that Lindholm is our best defenseman, not Shattenkirk, whose projections are inflated from Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad