2021 NHL TV ratings thread

Bostonzamboni

Jan 26, 2019
Bruins vs. Caps "the other night" supposedly drew a 9.2 on NBC in Boston.

At least according to a host (Glen Ordway show) at WEEI 93.7 fm sports radio in Boston just now. They didn't cite any source, however. But I assume they meant game 1 on NBC, not game 2 on NESN (of course, less household access on New England's NESN sports cable channel).

It was mentioned because they said TNT drew 2.5 million last night for the Celtics play-in game on TNT. I think it was exclusive, as I don't think NBCSports Boston aired it. They said it was the biggest NBA rating of the year on TNT. What a brilliant move by the NBA to develop the play-in. Warriors-Lakers play-in tonight should also impress, and draw away some Stanley Cup playoffs viewers.

The host wondered about the local TNT Boston rating before mentioning how the Bruins did a 9.2 "the other night," wondering if that stat would be released so they could compare to the Bruins (but we know that'll likely never be published in most cases, just the national number...right?).

Kirk Van Houten

May 7, 2019
Yes the NBA Play-In Tournament is exclusive on TNT/ESPN. I'm sure MLB will expand their Playoffs next year looking at these numbers and the NFL numbers with their expanded Playoffs we might get a Play-in type tournament in the NHL. Or maybe Bettman creates something else but networks would love that.

NextBigThing

Feb 25, 2010
Devine Rink
Anyone have any Winnipeg local numbers? I’ll talk to my source and see if he has any scoops for me. I know the Jets have been in somewhat of a free fall in terms of fan support the last couple of seasons. Curious to see if they can bounce back to where they were during the honeymoon period.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
That Game 1 average for Toronto - Montreal is higher than the 6-game average of the NBA finals between the Raps and Warriors in 2019 in Canada....and this is just for a first round match between 2 Canadian teams. Impressive to say the least.

Reactions: saffronleaf

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
That Game 1 average for Toronto - Montreal is higher than the 6-game average of the NBA finals between the Raps and Warriors in 2019 in Canada....and this is just for a first round match between 2 Canadian teams. Impressive to say the least.

Lol why compare to the NBA only one team in Canada

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad