GDT: 2021 NHL Free Agency & Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Is Sakic sitting on the 4M cap space until the deadline?

No 2LW and no RD?

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Is Sakic sitting on the 4M cap space until the deadline?

No 2LW and no RD?
No rush.

First, we don’t know if he wants to address those positions yet.

Second, if he does, we don’t know when. He may simply want to wait out the rookies and see how they perform, perhaps some PTAs.

Third, we don’t what type of targets he would be aiming if he is. If they are trade targets, then there’s no specific timeline on getting them done.

The Avs are more than fine for the regular season start.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Gilbert going to arbitration? Does he really think he's going to get more than a two-way league minimum deal?
Yeah, I don't see what his case is for getting much more than his QO. Yeah, he was buried most of last year on the taxi squad, but he doesn't have much of an NHL track record to speak of.

Reactions: Richard88

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I think we are done with any free agents of impact. That $4 million in space will get us a lot more and a much more “targeted” improvement via a trade than paying up for a leftover free agent. There’s no guarantee it happens before the season though.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
2023 1st, 2023 2nd, Alex Newhook, Justin Barron, Martin Kaut, Sampo Ranta, Drew Helleson, Jean-Luc Foudy, Tyson Jost, Sam Girard, Devon Toews.

Do you want me to continue?
Most of those aren't worth much. The last 2 are nonsense. No way in hell Toews is traded on the contract he has.

Andrew Wiggin

Feb 8, 2020
Guess we'll find out in the next 6 weeks. I can't imagine he will.

I am not positive he does or at least seems willing to roll into camp with this team if nothing materializes. Something he said in his presser about having to rely on more young guys. Probably a semi competition for the 2nd line wing with 3rd line being the consolation between Newhook, Compher and Kaut with Kaut being the longshot of the 3. I have no idea how they are going to slot the defense exactly. Johnson would be the likely candidate but they could always force Girard to the right too. Safe to say though barring a trade Byram and either Mcs/Mac's are in the lineup or they think Barron can win it out of camp.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I am not positive he does or at least seems willing to roll into camp with this team if nothing materializes. Something he said in his presser about having to rely on more young guys. Probably a semi competition for the 2nd line wing with 3rd line being the consolation between Newhook, Compher and Kaut with Kaut being the longshot of the 3. I have no idea how they are going to slot the defense exactly. Johnson would be the likely candidate but they could always force Girard to the right too. Safe to say though barring a trade Byram and either Mcs/Mac's are in the lineup or they think Barron can win it out of camp.
He said the same thing about Jost + JTC + Kerfoot 2 years ago, and then traded for Kadri just an hour later.

Last year everyone thought he was done and he added Toews out of the blue.

We'll see what he does. I imagine he'll do something in the next 6 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad