GDT: 2021 NHL Free Agency & Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Hey guys, gotta question.

What's the situation like with EJ? Hows the injury coming along and is he expected to be back this coming season?

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Hey guys, gotta question.

What's the situation like with EJ? Hows the injury coming along and is he expected to be back this coming season?
Sakic said in an interview this week that he expects EJ back and fully healthy for the start of the season. He was apparently close in the playoffs already and may have played in the final had we made it.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I'll say...

Colorado
Chicago
Dallas
Winnipeg
Minnesota
St Louis
Nashville
Arizona

2 through 6 could really finish in any order, IMO. It's that tight. Of course this is assuming that all teams stay somewhat healthy all year, and Joe makes a move here to address the 2nd line. I don't think the gap between the Avs and the others is as large as some are assuming.

Losing Saad, Dong, Gru, and Graves is a big deal, especially when you pencil in Hook, JTC, an unknown at 3rd RD, to take their spots, and then are counting on Kuemper and EJ to play huge roles and stay healthy for 82 games.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Chicago go on a 2014 Avs type run and win the division.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
He’s good to go.

upload_2021-8-1_11-20-57.gif

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Sakic said in an interview this week that he expects EJ back and fully healthy for the start of the season. He was apparently close in the playoffs already and may have played in the final had we made it.

He’s good to go.
Thanks guys. I think EJ would be an awesome guy to try and fill the Weber hole if he was on the block. Looks like he’s staying in Colorado though.

Reactions: Richard88

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Thanks guys. I think EJ would be an awesome guy to try and fill the Weber hole if he was on the block. Looks like he’s staying in Colorado though.

EJ gets hurt more than Weber. Any team with EJ needs a second pairing guy on their bottom pair when injuries hit.

So in addition to the 6M cap hit that ends up on the IR you need another 4M guy who sometimes plays third pairing.

EJ sinks teams. Should have traded him and kept a winner like Cole.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Wish the guy the best. Hope none of this is true but more than anything I hope he gets healthy.
It honestly sounds like two mentality ill people throwing darts at each other.

One is a hot headed gambling addict, who may or may not be betting on his own team, and trying to throw games. Seems to neglect many of his responsibilities to himself and his kids, and thinks there's nothing wrong with himself.

The other sounds kinda psycho, uses the same kids, and the other person's gambling addiction, to make him look even worse to get more out of their divorce (although in filing bankruptcy he doesn't sound like he has much left to give her, which maybe also just be a tactic strictly to not give her anything) and to possibly get him into big-time trouble not only with the law, but also his employer out of sure pettiness and spite.

I could be wrong, but that's what I get from reading both sides Tweets.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It honestly sounds like two mentality ill people throwing darts at each other.

One is a hot headed gambling addict, who may or may not be betting on his own team, and trying to throw games. Seems to neglect many of his responsibilities to himself and his kids, and thinks there's nothing wrong with himself.

The other sounds kinda psycho, uses the same kids, and the other person's gambling addiction, to make him look even worse to get more out of their divorce (although in filing bankruptcy he doesn't sound like he has much left to give her, which maybe also just be a tactic strictly to not give her anything) and to possibly get him into big-time trouble not only with the law, but also his employer out of sure pettiness and spite.

I could be wrong, but that's what I get from reading both sides Tweets.
I agree. Kane clearly has his issues and seems like a pretty shitty dude off the ice.

But bringing this whole situation to the public is just as or close to as shitty and problematic as Kane’s actions.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland
Just to ensure I'm straight. Currently, the Colorado Avalanche do not have a 1st or 2nd round pick in the 2022 NHL draft, right?
We’ll have some after becoming sellers at the deadline. 3 1sts for rantanen and a bunch of prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino