GDT: 2021 NHL Free Agency & Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
index1
  • Bender

Sep 25, 2002
    I wanted Horvat instead of Kadri too, but if we can get the 2019-20 Kadri that scored at a 31 goal 58 point pace, and then put up 9 goals and 18 points in 15 playoff games, without getting suspended, that's a pretty damn good 2C.

I just think the concern over Kadri is over blown and it's given life to this new narrative that the Avs center depth is a big problem. He got in a goal slump in a weird shortened season and then had one shift where he lost his head and got suspended.

Maybe those things happen again, but if I'm a betting man, I'm betting they don't in his contract year when he's trying to prove to all the other teams he deserves one last big contract.

I think there's just as big or maybe even a bigger chance Kadri has a career year next season, rather than one like last year.

This is a good post by you and I sure hope you are right.

Personally, I am just not as convinced as you that Kadri has the ability to keep it under control and not do something stupid at the worst possible time. The way we felt after he got suspended and was unavailable for us the rest of the playoffs is the same way Leafs fans felt when he did it against Boston - two years in a row. That's 3 out of the last 4 playoffs that he's done something ridiculous and put his team in a bad spot.

I don't like the idea that there's even the chance that we go into a tough playoff series and at some point, need to shift Jost or Newhook into that #2C spot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad