2021 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1: July 23 (8 p.m. ET; ESPN2, SN, SN NOW, TVA Sports)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Briefly analyzing this draft with YouTube highlights. I’ve watched Power, Hughes, Edvinson, Eklund, Guenther, and Lucius. The forwards seem like a different tier above the D.

DoktorJeep

Winners of the Offseason
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I could see Seattle taking Hughes at #2 to set up the storyline for matchups against his brother in the same division.

Reactions: Legionnaire

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
This draft reminds me a lot of the 2017 draft where the top and guys are not as top end as years previous and a pick found later in down the draft could easily surprise.

At the 8th spot maybe we find a gem. We knows.

Reactions: Legionnaire

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Ideal draft for me would be getting Clarke or Hughes at 8 and then trading our two 2nd's to snag Lysell in the first.
Two seconds isn't going to get you to move into the high teens where Lysell is likely to go (at the latest).

Also, this draft is much more likely to break down into two camps:

1. A team covets only a couple of guys due to lack of tape or knowledge on the group as a whole and are unwilling to trade out of a spot.
2. A team doesn't really think there's much difference between any of the players from 5-25 or so and will just pick the best value or "sure thing" in their books.

Going to be a lot of picks that looks like risks I think but trading out of the first round this year is likely because they're getting picks for next year instead. I don't think anyone is going to be too willing to drop for later picks in this draft. We'll see in a few weeks though.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Im going out on a limb and say we package the 8th pick + for a Werenski/Laine, Nylander or Marner or maybe make a play for M.Tkachuk

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Im going out on a limb and say we package the 8th pick + for M.Tkachuk

giphy.gif

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I'm not going to drive myself crazy researching all these guys and dreaming/wishing whom the Kings pick. Normally a pick at #8 is hard to judge who your team will pick but there's usually a few guys. This year, besides Power, i've seen every single guy #2 rated on being potentially available for the Kings to pick depending on what expert ratings or mock draft you're looking at. I'm not going to get sucked in this year. Last year was easy and fun analyzing Byfield/Stutzle since you knew for sure it was one of those two guys. No shaking the gifts under the Christmas tree this year -- just gonna was for Christmas (draft) day to open the gifts and see what we get. Then i will over analyze and overrate whomever we pick lol.

Reactions: RaymondReddington

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Ran the sim once and not so bad! I'll take it.
Love to think that Brandt Clark makes it to LA. I see New Jersey or Columbus taking the RD-man to either PK Subban or Seth Jones both having 1 year left on their contracts and UFA "land"! If the Kings think he's their guy they need to make a move and peddle some of our prospects,players and draft picks

Reactions: raswilliam

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I could see Seattle taking Hughes at #2 to set up the storyline for matchups against his brother in the same division.
In this Expansion draft Seattle will be hard pressed to find a top 6 forward so the Entry draft presents that top 6 talent in Matthew Beniers and presto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad