2021 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1: July 23 (8 p.m. ET; ESPN2, SN, SN NOW, TVA Sports)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
So since the odds weren't exactly what we thought, I guess this is how it works:

NHL.com Media Site

The odds for the remaining teams will increase on a proportionate basis for the 2nd Lottery Draw, based on which club wins the 1st Lottery Draw.

So hypothetically, if Seattle (or NJ) won the 1st draw, their 10.3% would be evenly distributed among the remaining 14 participants.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Assuming we don't luck out and move to the Top 2, I love to move the 1st round pick, Turcotte and perhaps Kupari or Thomas or Fagemo for Eichel. We have to get a playmaker. If we land the top 2 overall, I'm torn will moving or drafting Power.

Last edited:

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
I think the biggest thing to help the Kings are if some team takes Wallstedt before our pick. That means that a D or W should drop to us. That is if they don’t package the pick.

PumperNichol

Sep 2, 2007
Assuming we don't luck out and move to the Top 2, I love to move the 1st round pick, Turcotte and perhaps Kupari or Thomas or Fagemo for Eichel. We have to get a playmaker. If we land the top 2 overall, I'm torn will moving or drafting Power.

Eichel will not be healthy to be traded at the draft. We are not trading for a player who may need neck surgery.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
My favorites in the unlikely event they fall to #10 are McTavish, Lucius and Sillinger, what do they have in common? Goal scorers.

I like Matt Coronato too, but they would have to move down 7-10 spots to justify that.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Scott Morrow with our 2nd pick. Move up slightly if you have to do it. That is, if we don’t get one of the top four D with our #1 pick

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
So since the odds weren't exactly what we thought, I guess this is how it works:

NHL.com Media Site

So hypothetically, if Seattle (or NJ) won the 1st draw, their 10.3% would be evenly distributed among the remaining 14 participants.

As I understand it, the league/Ernst and Young draws 4 balls out of 14. This yields 1,001 possible combinations (1-2-3-4 is the same as 4-2-3-1). One combination is disregarded (presumably 11-12-13-14) and the remaining 1,000 combinations are assigned to teams. The Kings would be assigned 58 possible combinations (5.8%).

If Seattle were to win, their 103 combinations would be ignored for the second drawing. So the Kings would still have 58 combinations of the remaining 897. If Seattle won the second drawing, they would simply re-draw again until they got somebody not named Arizona.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
As I understand it, the league/Ernst and Young draws 4 balls out of 14. This yields 1,001 possible combinations (1-2-3-4 is the same as 4-2-3-1). One combination is disregarded (presumably 11-12-13-14) and the remaining 1,000 combinations are assigned to teams. The Kings would be assigned 58 possible combinations (5.8%).

If Seattle were to win, their 103 combinations would be ignored for the second drawing. So the Kings would still have 58 combinations of the remaining 897. If Seattle won the second drawing, they would simply re-draw again until they got somebody not named Arizona.

That adds up as it relates to what I quoted 58/897 = 6.46%, 10.3/15 = ~.68% per team, so no team gains combinations, the winner is simply removed.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Like to see LA get either Edvinsson, or Hughes! If the top 4 Dmen are gone then Wallstedt! The Kings are loaded pretty much everywhere...not sure I'm liking our goaltending situation and the Defense needs another stud on the L-D or R-D

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
So we basically have a 1 in 10 chance getting a top 2 pick.

I think the Kings would like Luke Hughes.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
In the second round, the two I'm currently most excited for are Hreschuk and Samoskevich.

In the first, would be happy with any of these:

Beniers
Clarke
Eklund
Guenther
Hughes
Johnson
Lucius
Lysell
Power

The above isn't my order. I'm trying to watch more video to solidify my list.

All are very unique in different ways though.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
In the second round, the two I'm currently most excited for are Hreschuk and Samoskevich.

In the first, would be happy with any of these:

Beniers
Clarke
Eklund
Guenther
Hughes
Johnson
Lucius
Lysell
Power

The above isn't my order. I'm trying to watch more video to solidify my list.

All are very unique in different ways though.

Same. I've soured a bit on Edvinsson and really like Lysell's game.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
With Helge Grans already a huge project on defense, Edvinsson kind of scares me.

Shades of Jack Johnson which are hard to teach and re-enforce. :huh:

Owen Power leads first ranking of 2021 draft prospects compiled by TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie - TSN.ca

2. Simon Edvinsson: The 6-foot-4 Swedish blueliner has the size, mobility, puck-moving and offensive upside to project as a potential top-pair NHL defenceman. Two of our 10 scouts pegged him at No. 1, but four scouts ranked Edvinsson outside the Top 10. It’s that kind of year

Doesn't seem like much of a project.

And Grans played 43 games in the SHL last year at 19.

I'm hoping for either Hughes or Lucius

Reactions: ricardfromage

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Kent Johnson as a future Byfield winger has me intrigued. Very fast, high IQ, goes to dirty areas.

The BCHL MVP in 2019-20, he is dynamic playmaking centre with agility, and elusiveness. Possesses superior hockey IQ, creativity and decision-making quickness. His strong powerful stride separates him from opponents and he can quickly read an opening averts the puck there. His passing is high end, and he isn’t afraid of venturing into the battle zones and dirty areas. Strong scorer who needs little room to hit pay dirt. Another of the 2021 draftees who is attending the University of Michigan. At this time, it looks as though he will the third of Wolverine rookies selected, but there is high end elusiveness in his game and even though he will be a bit longer path trajectory to the NHL, his ability to quickly read react and shoot shows a bit of Paddy Kane to his game, and will probably project to a left or right wing in the pro game.
--Bill Placzek--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad