2021 NHL Entry Draft Part 3 (Draft is 7/23 and 7/24, Sabres have #1 pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Nah it's because the first paragraph was made up and nonsensical. I'm open to conversation but not open to arguing your make believe notions about me, like the post I just quoted. Let it go my friend.

You said you don't like Eklund as the pick because you don't think he's the type of player that should go 1st overall. You also said it's a bad draft to have the 1st overall.

I said I don't agree with the idea of looking for an ideal 1st overall in a draft where there might not be one.

Which part have I made up?

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Quinn, Power, Beniers all joining the team at the same time, season after next? That’ll be a year for big roster changes. Same year Samuelson and Johnson probably hit too.

Reactions: elchud

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
You said you don't like Eklund as the pick because you don't think he's the type of player that should go 1st overall. You also said it's a bad draft to have the 1st overall.

I said I don't agree with the idea of looking for an ideal 1st overall in a draft where there might not be one.

Which part have I made up?
Again, the post I quoted. Keep up bro. I'm all done with this now. Cheers

thelimit39

Oct 6, 2020
If I were Adams, and thankfully for Sabres fans I'm not, I would try and get creative and look into flipping first overall to a team like Tampa. See if you can extract some extra value based on their cap problems. Maybe something like cirelli, palat and Johnson? Do this while having discussions with Jack and Sam about staying. Now before I get roasted for valuations, this is just off the top of my head while I'm camping with a beer in hand. The point I'm trying to illustrate is to use the asset to extract proven value from a team needing to shed salary, and to make the team more enticing to play for.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
If I were Adams, and thankfully for Sabres fans I'm not, I would try and get creative and look into flipping first overall to a team like Tampa. See if you can extract some extra value based on their cap problems. Maybe something like cirelli, palat and Johnson? Do this while having discussions with Jack and Sam about staying. Now before I get roasted for valuations, this is just off the top of my head while I'm camping with a beer in hand. The point I'm trying to illustrate is to use the asset to extract proven value from a team needing to shed salary, and to make the team more enticing to play for.

I'd love to do what it takes to get Cirelli and/or Sergachev or Cernak. I don't think Adams would be interested in trading the 1st though. Those don't get traded and Adams sounds like he wants prospects. Tampa, unlike Buffalo, are in their cup years so they wouldn't trade those guys for a draft pick that isn't NHL ready.

thelimit39

Oct 6, 2020
I'd love to do what it takes to get Cirelli and/or Sergachev or Cernak. I don't think Adams would be interested in trading the 1st though. Those don't get traded and Adams sounds like he wants prospects. Tampa, unlike Buffalo, are in their cup years so they wouldn't trade those guys for a draft pick that isn't NHL ready.

Yeah it definitely wouldn't be conventional. Now it doesn't necessarily have to be Tampa, however I'm thinking they could look at a trade similar to the ones made by their baseball counterparts. Trade vets making too much dough for some young studs that can keep their competitive window going. They look like they will have cap casualties anyways. In a weak draft plus a flat cap, this might be the perfect time for the sabres to entertain such a trade, one that fills their team with quality depth, enough that either convinces Jack and Sam to change their stances, or at the very least attract a quality free agent or two.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Yeah it definitely wouldn't be conventional. Now it doesn't necessarily have to be Tampa, however I'm thinking they could look at a trade similar to the ones made by their baseball counterparts. Trade vets making too much dough for some young studs that can keep their competitive window going. They look like they will have cap casualties anyways. In a weak draft plus a flat cap, this might be the perfect time for the sabres to entertain such a trade, one that fills their team with quality depth, enough that either convinces Jack and Sam to change their stances, or at the very least attract a quality free agent or two.

I like the idea of adding good players as part of cap casualties to possibly entice Eichel and Reinhart to stay but the team seems pretty done with Jack and want to go young moving forward.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Quinn, Power, Beniers all joining the team at the same time, season after next? That’ll be a year for big roster changes. Same year Samuelson and Johnson probably hit too.

I'm all about leaving Arttu in Rochester until the trade deadline. UPL next year too. Maybe Casey Fitzgerald approaches 7thD status.

Pekar ... I dunno. Not seeing it. Weissbach or possibly Rousek may decide to score 30 in Rochester this year.

Edit to add, would anybody be totally surprised if JJP is the dominant Rochester forward by seasons end?

Last edited:

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Let’s get 2OV as well in a Sam deal and be legends!

Then we don’t have to worry. Berniers, Eklund and Power. #Winning!

I’m joking but it’s not even that crazy of an idea.

It’s not that crazy but Sam would probably nrt closer to 10 than 2. Would be fun to get Power, Beniers and Johnson for the Michigan boys narrative. I’m personally torn on Eklund and Power at #1, won’t care if it’s either.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
It’s not that crazy but Sam would probably nrt closer to 10 than 2. Would be fun to get Power, Beniers and Johnson for the Michigan boys narrative. I’m personally torn on Eklund and Power at #1, won’t care if it’s either.

My preference in that scenario would be Power, Eklund, and McTavish.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I'm all about leaving Arttu in Rochester until the trade deadline. UPL next year too. Maybe Casey Fitzgerald approaches 7thD status.

Pekar ... I dunno. Not seeing it. Weissbach or possibly Rousek may decide to score 30 in Rochester this year.

Edit to add, would anybody be totally surprised if JJP is the dominant Rochester forward by seasons end?
There’s no purpose in putting R2 in Rochester.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
If we’re gaming the draft, here’s Ron Francis’ first round draft history with Carolina:

***joined front office***
2011: Ryan Murphy, D
2012: no first round pick
2013: Elias Lindholm, C
***became GM***
2014: Haydn Fleury, D
2015: Noah Hanifin, D
2016: Jake Bean D, Julien Gauthier RW
2017: Martin Necas, C

A very strong preference for D and centers

Reactions: Jacob582
Status