2021 NHL Entry Draft Part 3 (Draft is 7/23 and 7/24, Sabres have #1 pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Let's pretend we get another top 10 pick like 5 or 9 and Beniers/Eklund/Power/Clarke are off the table. Who does everyone have?

I continue to be really impressed by McTavish as I watch u18 games, but Guenther has him in the stats department, and appears most scouts have Guenther ahead too. Is the fear that the offense just won't be there for Mctavish at the next level

Sillinger, Guenther, The goalie, McTavish

Reactions: jc17 and Fezzy126

jc17

Jun 14, 2013

So power at 7. Main board had a poll with only 55% of people saying he should be 1OA.

Maybe everyone's overthinking it, but there's clearly a disconnect here between him as consensus #1 and public opinion. Maybe the public is dumb, I guess only time will tell

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So power at 7. Main board had a poll with only 55% of people saying he should be 1OA.

Maybe everyone's overthinking it, but there's clearly a disconnect here between him as consensus #1 and public opinion. Maybe the public is dumb, I guess only time will tell

This was a mock by a group of people who are fans of Will's work. And he just came out with a video that did not fawn all over Power. So, him falling was not surprising.

Owen Power at eliteprospects.com

EP.com has just kept adding various rankings to their prospect pages. Of the 12 lists (I am leaving out their consolidated rankings and NHLCS since they have 4 lists) they have, Power is #1 on 8 of them.

I think it will be interesting to see what Bob McKenzie's final list looks like. His final list and mock draft is consistently one of the better ones out there due to Bob having so many contacts throughout hockey.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
This was a mock by a group of people who are fans of Will's work. And he just came out with a video that did not fawn all over Power. So, him falling was not surprising.

Owen Power at eliteprospects.com

EP.com has just kept adding various rankings to their prospect pages. Of the 12 lists (I am leaving out their consolidated rankings and NHLCS since they have 4 lists) they have, Power is #1 on 8 of them.

I think it will be interesting to see what Bob McKenzie's final list looks like. His final list and mock draft is consistently one of the better ones out there due to Bob having so many contacts throughout hockey.
Right I guess the scouch mock draft will contain heavier biases, but even the roughly 50/50 distribution on the prospect board shows a variance from the rankings found on EP

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Right I guess the scouch mock draft will contain heavier biases, but even the roughly 50/50 distribution on the prospect board shows a variance from the rankings found on EP

Given all the randomness involved with this draft class, none of this is all that surprising to me.

This was already a draft year without a clear cut #1 guy or even a 1-1A debate like Taylor vs Tyler. The pandemic just made things even crazier.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Get 3OV from Anaheim for Eichel, then take Beniers at 1. Francis built the Hurricanes’ defense, and I doubt he passes on Power. Then take Eklund at 3.

Reactions: joshjull

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Get 3OV from Anaheim for Eichel, then take Beniers at 1. Francis built the Hurricanes’ defense, and I doubt he passes on Power. Then take Eklund at 3.

It's already been reported and confirmed that they have Eklund over Beniers, so this doesn't seem likely. At least the order isn't -- maybe they do it the other way around though, with Ek then Beniers.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Scouch barely had Makar in the top 10, I'm not convinced he can evaluate defensemen anywhere near as good as he does forwards. He's wrong on defense every draft.
That can be done with anyone though.

Pronman -Power:1 Makar:18
Mckeen- Power 1: Makar: 7
ISS - Power: 1 Makar: 9
Future Consideration - Power 1: Makar: 7

He had Quinn Hughes 4 which was higher than all but one other ranking here: 2018 NHL Draft Rankings

Everyone hits and misses.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
It's already been reported and confirmed that they have Eklund over Beniers, so this doesn't seem likely. At least the order isn't -- maybe they do it the other way around though, with Ek then Beniers.

Game the draft. Take the center first and put Francis into decision mode: D or LW. He might take Beniers over Power.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
That can be done with anyone though.

Pronman -Power:1 Makar:18
Mckeen- Power 1: Makar: 7
ISS - Power: 1 Makar: 9
Future Consideration - Power 1: Makar: 7

He had Quinn Hughes 4 which was higher than all but one other ranking here: 2018 NHL Draft Rankings

Everyone hits and misses.

Because they’re no better at projecting defensemen than Scouch.

Where did Bob have Makar? 4th.

The real scouts are the ones I trust. These internet scouts know almost nothing about the personalities, coachability, etc., which should make up almost half the evaluation.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

The real scouts are the ones I trust. These internet scouts know almost nothing about the personalities, coachability, etc., which should make up almost half the evaluation.

Yep. If Bob M has Power ranked #1 - that's going to be as close to a concensus as we're ever going to get with this group.

If he has him ranked outside the top 5... It opens up completely.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

My copy of Blackbook will be in this weekend. It’s got the quotes from scouts. I’ll post once I read them.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013

Come on, he had mitts over petterson, pujujarvi over tkachuk, Bennett over draisaitl, hanifin over marner, and obviously many more misses,like everyone else. It's not like he's batting .1000 for top 5 picks

Yeah he's got more experience than internet scouts, doesn't make his word gospel in terms of how good the players will be

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
"I don't have a response to an opposing view so I'll act like reading 5 sentences is just too much effort."
Nah it's because the first paragraph was made up and nonsensical. I'm open to conversation but not open to arguing your make believe notions about me, like the post I just quoted. Let it go my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad