Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Yes, that is a bad list. I have to say Edvinsson is overrated by a lot of people IMO. There is something missing there. Jack Han had a good write up on him that is worth a read.

I'd take Clarke over him everyday, but that is just me and what do I know? I thought Nolan Patrick was going to be good, better than Hischer.

Svechkov is one of those solid 200 foot players. Samuel Helenius and he are a solid step or two below Berniers in that regard, but if you are looking for a 200 foot center they are your guys, and may be over drafted because of that.

Lucius is a good looking C/LW with scoring skill.

Othmann is a good player, but I think I remember reading he has some skating issues which should keep him out of the top 15.
Well if he has skating issues then that is our guy

Reactions: Rebels57

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
IMG_0029.PNG
Took my ten tries but.....:thumbu:

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Will there be a null team ball for the lottery to replace Arizona’s slot? Guessing they’d have to in order to maintain fair odds

Edit:

I see an explanation on that site that there will be a redraw if Arizona’s ball is drawn in the top two

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Will there be a null team ball for the lottery to replace Arizona’s slot? Guessing they’d have to in order to maintain fair odds

Edit:

I see an explanation on that site that there will be a redraw if Arizona’s ball is drawn in the top two

I hope they land 1st overall on the 1st draw just for maximum chaos

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Surprised the league didn't just cave and give them the last pick of the 1st rd like they did with the Devils back when. But I guess that would mess up the lottery.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Okay, so after learning the names of the "top prospects," I did some deeeeep 5-10 minute YouTube highlight dives on a few of them.

So, Power and Edvinsson are ranked in lottery range. Am I missing something? Because they look like they have ugly mobility -- especially when you have guys like Clarke, let alone Hughes. I cringed watching them skate and avoid pressure.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Okay, so after learning the names of the "top prospects," I did some deeeeep 5-10 minute YouTube highlight dives on a few of them.

So, Power and Edvinsson are ranked in lottery range. Am I missing something? Because they look like they have ugly mobility -- especially when you have guys like Clarke, let alone Hughes. I cringed watching them skate and avoid pressure.

You're on the clock for the 2021 Board Draft Preview, so get watching faster.

Reactions: Magua and Rebels57

wankstifier

Jun 19, 2018

Isn't Clarke a "bad" skater by appearance, but not performance?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Isn't Clarke a "bad" skater by appearance, but not performance?

What part of 5 minute highlights don’t you understand, wank? :laugh:

Visually, Clarke looks like an average-above average skater. It definitely doesn’t standout at first glance — not negatively either. His footwork actually seems quite good though, and maybe there’s sneaky power in his stride with work. Obviously, I haven’t seen him for 25 minutes in a game using that skating situationally. Hughes of course shines (he kind of skates like shorter Travo). But boy, the other two just look gross. Upright, no stride, no footwork, stop moving their feet under pressure. I had to do a double take. But they are big boys!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland

I watched 2 BT Michigan games. Power has the acceleration of a Yugo. Even so, I am being generous....

wankstifier

Jun 19, 2018
What part of 5 minute highlights don’t you understand, wank? :laugh:

Visually, Clarke looks like an average-above average skater. It definitely doesn’t standout at first glance — not negatively either. His footwork actually seems quite good though, and maybe there’s sneaky power in his stride with work. Obviously, I haven’t seen him for 25 minutes in a game using that skating situationally. Hughes of course shines (he kind of skates like shorter Travo). But boy, the other two just look gross. Upright, no stride, no footwork, stop moving their feet under pressure. I had to do a double take. But they are big boys!

hey... 5 minutes is a long time, okay?

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly

Don’t see Eklund or Lysell. Disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad