Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
The reason I like Cossa because he is the antithesis of Hart. Huge dude who seems to have agility and anticipation. Plus it really will put Hart in a startling situation. This "I am a "lonely" person in the big city" crap will end or he will wind up in Flin Flon as towel boy at the local hot water spa.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
How did Daniil Gushchin fall to the third round last year?

I know that's rhetorical for a smol boi. He was so good in his pre-draft season, when he looked like a 1st. Not that I watched much of his draft year. Sharks killed that draft -- looking then and now. I don't know how the same team takes Ryan Merkley, except Cap's favorite guy, Doug Wilson Jr. became Director of Scouting by 2019.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I'd love one of Mason McTavish (Ottawa Valley boy like myself) or Chaz Lucius, but I just have this guy feeling that Schmuck Felcher and Nature Boy are going to move the pick as part of a package for immediate help.
Not opposed to using the pick in a package but the key is who are they adding. I don’t think they go after an aging vet but I’ve been wrong before and will be again.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not opposed to using the pick in a package but the key is who are they adding. I don’t think they go after an aging vet but I’ve been wrong before and will be again.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with moving that pick for the right player at the right age.

Last edited:

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019

I could see this being an offseason when the 1st round pick is moved in a package to acquire someone.

I wonder if Winnipeg would be a good trading partner for us so we can send Patrick back from whence he came.

Or maybe to Ottawa in a package for Brady.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I could see this being an offseason when the 1st round pick is moved in a package to acquire someone.

I wonder if Winnipeg would be a good trading partner for us so we can send Patrick back from whence he came.

I don't think this is the right season to move Patrick. His value is so low right now that putting him in as a throw in I don't think moves the needle any. Give him one more shot to play then either trade him when he gains back some value or keep him. Worst case scenario he still has no value in a year. Obviously if we're getting a superstar or something and they want Patrick, then yeah go ahead and throw him in. But I wouldn't be so willing to move at this point for just anyone.

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
The reason I like Cossa because he is the antithesis of Hart. Huge dude who seems to have agility and anticipation. Plus it really will put Hart in a startling situation. This "I am a "lonely" person in the big city" crap will end or he will wind up in Flin Flon as towel boy at the local hot water spa.
I don't follow the draft quite like I did when I was a teenager. The write up on the kid is pretty impressive. Second best goalie in the draft apparently. If he slips out of the first, move up in the second and grab him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

What incentive does Ottawa have to move their best forward in his early 20's for futures?

Reactions: BernieParent

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
What incentive does Ottawa have to move their best forward in his early 20's for futures?

None, other than being an incompetent organization. :laugh:

Of course, some will argue that we're also incompetent... but at the very least, we are *less* incompetent than the Sens.

Also, I'm suggesting as part of a package, which would include a roster player (not just futures). Just spitballin'.

Reactions: BernieParent

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario

Tkachuk won't be leaving Ottawa. Melnyk is a trash owner like Harold Ballard (minus the bigotry), but the money is there to re-sign Tkachuk.

I'm more worried that they'll look at a team like Columbus and try to put together a gargantuan package for Jones and Laine, especially if Holmgren is advising them and if Scott is breathing down their necks that it's playoffs or they're out next year.....

Reactions: Rebels57

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I'm more worried that they'll look at a team like Columbus and try to put together a gargantuan package for Jones and Laine, especially if Holmgren is advising them and if Scott is breathing down their necks that it's playoffs or they're out next year.....

Yeah, I could see this happening actually.

Reactions: IronMarshal

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Agreed. Nothing wrong with moving that pick for the right player at the right age.
No. The Flyers aren’t one player away and still need productive players on cheap contracts to offset their cap issues. The player they will likely acquire in the deal will only add to their cap problems.

Bad teams move 1st round picks when they aren’t a legitimate contender.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
No. The Flyers aren’t one player away and still need productive players on cheap contracts to offset their cap issues. The player they will likely acquire in the deal will only add to their cap problems.

Bad teams move 1st round picks when they aren’t a legitimate contender.

K

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
I'd love one of Mason McTavish (Ottawa Valley boy like myself) or Chaz Lucius, but I just have this guy feeling that Schmuck Felcher and Nature Boy are going to move the pick as part of a package for immediate help.
I am afraid Fletch will move this year or one of the next two year's first rounders for a mediocre plus kind f player as well. There will be a good player available in the 13 spot this year (possibly 4-5), and the Flyers are 50 - 50 to be in the lottery the next two years (Wright, Bedard/Michkov) given their division and conference. The Rangers and Devils are getting better, The Canes are back, plus Washington, NYI, and Pittsburgh in their division, and TB, Toronto, Boston, Florida and pesky Montreal in the conference. I am holding onto the picks.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I am afraid Fletch will move this year or one of the next two year's first rounders for a mediocre plus kind f player as well. There will be a good player available in the 13 spot this year (possibly 4-5), and the Flyers are 50 - 50 to be in the lottery the next two years (Wright, Bedard/Michkov) given their division and conference. The Rangers and Devils are getting better, The Canes are back, plus Washington, NYI, and Pittsburgh in their division, and TB, Toronto, Boston, Florida and pesky Montreal in the conference. I am holding onto the picks.

This draft in particular is the perfect opportunity to stock up like crazy with picks (i.e. trading back). The forward thinking/progressive teams will likely do this...so it’s fair to assume the Flyers won’t choose this route (unfortunately).

Lots of picks = lots of chances at picking diamonds in the rough = potentially lots of currency in trades if need be.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I guess if they were going to move a 1st this is the better year compared to the next two. Don’t take away my hope of tanking for Bedard or Michkov.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This draft in particular is the perfect opportunity to stock up like crazy with picks (i.e. trading back). The forward thinking/progressive teams will likely do this...so it’s fair to assume the Flyers won’t choose this route (unfortunately).

Lots of picks = lots of chances at picking diamonds in the rough = potentially lots of currency in trades if need be.

Yep. Get as many bullets as you can for 2022 and blow this shit to Kingdom Come.

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017

You mean like when we Traded our 1st to move back to get York and Brink lol?

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad