2021 NHL Draft Thread: Brackett and Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
been pumping the brakes on Raty for well over a year now. His production in his D-1 was indicative of a mid-1st. The few times I've seen him, I've always seen a player whose hockey sense is flawed. Just watching him, he routinely doesn't make the optimal play with the puck. He's a good skater and the skill is there, though. But, for me, Hockey Sense is far and away the number one thing you need. Adding to our collection of 5'9 players, Samoskevich is a player I'd really like to target this year.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
been pumping the brakes on Raty for well over a year now. His production in his D-1 was indicative of a mid-1st. The few times I've seen him, I've always seen a player whose hockey sense is flawed. Just watching him, he routinely doesn't make the optimal play with the puck. He's a good skater and the skill is there, though. But, for me, Hockey Sense is far and away the number one thing you need. Adding to our collection of 5'9 players, Samoskevich is a player I'd really like to target this year.
Yea I was high on him a few months ago and now I don't even know if he's a 1st rounder.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
How do you decide which center to choose?
if you really must know my secret , it's the magic 8 ball.
Magic8Ball1.png

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I know it’s not this draft but Matvey Michkov is considered the best Russian prospect since Ovechkin and he is eligible for the 2023 Draft. What’s interesting is he just sign an extension with SKA that will take him until the end of the 2025/26 season, which would be his D+3. It will be one of the most interesting things to watch. He and Bedard we’re almost assuredly going to go 1 & 2 in 2023; we’ll see how much he falls now that the team is going to have to salivate for a while. For reference, this kid has been breaking all sorts of records in Russia, He’s got 13 goals in 18 MHL games (same level Khusnutdinov has played the majority of his games), and he just turned 16 3 days ago. He’ll likely play in the KHL next year in his D-1.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
I know it’s not this draft but Matvey Michkov is considered the best Russian prospect since Ovechkin and he is eligible for the 2023 Draft. What’s interesting is he just sign an extension with SKA that will take him until the end of the 2025/26 season, which would be his D+3. It will be one of the most interesting things to watch. He and Bedard we’re almost assuredly going to go 1 & 2 in 2023; we’ll see how much he falls now that the team is going to have to salivate for a while. For reference, this kid has been breaking all sorts of records in Russia, He’s got 13 goals in 18 MHL games (same level Khusnutdinov has played the majority of his games), and he just turned 16 3 days ago. He’ll likely play in the KHL next year in his D-1.
I know it’s way too early to tell since they’re 15 years old but I wonder if Michkov’s contract situation is the tie breaker on him going 2 instead of 1. Three years is nothing to scoff at. If he’s as good as Ovi then he could be an NHL star day 1.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If he is a top #1 0a, then teams usually want them playing in the NHL right away. Waiting till the 4th year after the draft to use him will definitely count against him. Eric Staal was #2 oa, played immediately after the draft, and had a 100 point season in his second year.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I'm not going to spend any significant amount of time talking about a draft 3 years away. He looks good now but lots can change. See: Raty

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Top players are bigger than the 2020 draft. Only Eklund is under 6' in the top 10, as opposed to Drydale, Raymond, Perfetti, Rossi.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I’m not really intruiged by the idea of adding anymore 5’9 players to the future core of this team, but Mackie Samoskevich is worth paying attention to.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'm still a little miffed that the NHL quietly ignored the deadline set by the Pens/Wild on the Zucker deal and modified it without actually informing anyone it seems. That (2nd) 1st in 2020 would have been huge compared to 2021, where no one knows what the eff is going on.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I do wonder if we had that 2nd first if we would've definitely found a way to trade up for Lundell

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Even a guy like Mercer would've been nice. He still has a chance to be a C at higher levels , but is a nice RHS forward, which we can certainly use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad