Kent Johnson
Aatu Raty
Matthew Beniers
Chaz Lucius
Cole Sillinger
Zach L'Heureux
Mason MacTavish
Zach Bolduc

The only one I've seen in live game action is Johnson. I wouldn't complain if he was the pick. Looking forward to watching Beniers at the WJC.

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I mean there is a good chance that this team will be in a playoff spot; we really haven't dumped veterans when the team has geared up for a playoff run, I don't see it changing this year.
I expect that if Guerin doesn’t think this team can compete for a cup, he’ll sell off the rentals. Regardless of standing position. If we’re in a playoff spot but obviously not capable of winning a cup, he shouldn’t hold back. Get a Bjugstad, a 3rd. Johansson: 2nd+, Bonino: 2nd. Foligno: 2nd (I’m not married to trading him, but rather that then overpay).
2 firsts
3/4 seconds
3/4 thirds

you can maneuver that to trade up into the 1st round, or just let brackett do his work. If we get 2 first round talents in the next draft, 3/4 Khusnutdinov/O’Rourkes, 3/4 Daemon Hunts, we’ll have one of the deepest pools in the league.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
trade a 25 goal scorer for a pick that maybe will be as good 3 or 4 years from now hmmmmm could someone please explain why this was good for the team?

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
I expect that if Guerin doesn’t think this team can compete for a cup, he’ll sell off the rentals. Regardless of standing position. If we’re in a playoff spot but obviously not capable of winning a cup, he shouldn’t hold back. Get a Bjugstad, a 3rd. Johansson: 2nd+, Bonino: 2nd. Foligno: 2nd (I’m not married to trading him, but rather that then overpay).
2 firsts
3/4 seconds
3/4 thirds

you can maneuver that to trade up into the 1st round, or just let brackett do his work. If we get 2 first round talents in the next draft, 3/4 Khusnutdinov/O’Rourkes, 3/4 Daemon Hunts, we’ll have one of the deepest pools in the league.

Right now Johansson and Bjugstad are more likely to clear waivers than return top-100 picks. Need them to perform first. And in the case of Bjugstad, if he rebounds his skill-set matches our needs quite well while also being on the right side of 30, extending him isn't a bad option.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Right now Johansson and Bjugstad are more likely to clear waivers than return top-100 picks. Need them to perform first. And in the case of Bjugstad, if he rebounds his skill-set matches our needs quite well while also being on the right side of 30, extending him isn't a bad option.
Johansson wouldn't clear waivers and he could/will get a a top 100 pick.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I’m here for using a pick this year on the over-ager Simon Knak. Impressive toolkit, I think he’s going to be an NHLer.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Dream scenario for me would be to end with 2 top 10 picks this year. If we got a player like Johnson/Beniers at like 6 and then Luke Hughes at 10, we’d have a disgusting core moving forward.

Boldy-Rossi-Fiala
Beckman-Johnson/Beniers-Kaprizov
Greenway-Ek-Khovanov
Khusnutdinov-Sturm-Firstov

Hughes-Spurgeon
Brodin-Addison
O’Rourke-Menell

Jones/Kahk
Jones/Kahk

obviously bot all those guys will make the team, but this is just what the projection would be 3-5 years out based on all our prospects. Some of these guys will be gone as well; I don’t see Greenway still being here. And I’m sure there will be a few veterans added here and there, but this would be, as I said, my dream scenario. And, I honestly think that if we could pull something g like this off, that the core peices to a championship team would be in place and we could begin adding to win. We could be a year away, more like 8 months, from being at the point where we’ve completed out seemingly never ending rebuild. What is your guys’ dream scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad