OT: 2021 MLB Discussion

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Bats go cold and then heat up again. I get that.

deGrom has been hurt all year. Scherzer is available. Lets get Javy Baez???

Edwin Diaz is a train wreck. Kimbrell is out there. Let’s get Rich Hill???

The Mets have money now. It’s time to make smart moves.
Hill is a starter, Scherzer was never gonna come to the mets, Baez makes sense up the middle w/Lindor. I get that stuff. What i do not understand is why this team struggles at the plate and horrifically at that

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Hill is a starter, Scherzer was never gonna come to the mets, Baez makes sense up the middle w/Lindor. I get that stuff. What i do not understand is why this team struggles at the plate and horrifically at that
Dom Smith should play against lefties and righties. Conforto is dreadful, Baez is a strikeout machine, Villar and Pillar are punch and judy hitters, Lindor didn’t hit for the first 3 months of the season. Alonso isn’t really hitting either.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Dom Smith should play against lefties and righties. Conforto is dreadful, Baez is a strikeout machine, Villar and Pillar are punch and judy hitters, Lindor didn’t hit for the first 3 months of the season. Alonso isn’t really hitting either.
It's all down to their actual luck. i'm done with this season to save myself embarrassment but they need a kick in the rear, and badly.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
The final 2 batters of the Met’s ninth inning are why you need to stop swinging for the fences all the time

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Rojas after Wheeler goes 9 scoreless

giphy.gif

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Mets are unwatchable now.. Can't wait for first puck drop..

I never understood why they could not try to keep Wheeler and was really upset when they let him walk. Next to DeGrom, I thought he was our most valuable starter, the kind of guy you dont let go.. Yes he walked too many but thought he was the type of guy that was going to improve with age into his early 30s. Especially since he went to the Phillies. You can never have too much pitching.

Complete game 2 hitter today against us.. Great job Mets..

Reactions: Old Man Perriwinkle

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015

I never understood why they could not try to keep Wheeler and was really upset when they let him walk. Next to DeGrom, I thought he was our most valuable starter, the kind of guy you dont let go.. Yes he walked too many but thought he was the type of guy that was going to improve with age into his early 30s. Especially since he went to the Phillies. You can never have too much pitching.

Because little Jeffie would rather pay Porcello+Wacha league minimum. I cannot believe they didn’t even offer him a contract.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I didn't expect a playoff team year 1 of Cohen, that is understandable. What I didn't expect is this team to have a division lead and struggle so hard to score runs. This team's bane is themselves. They badly need a fix to their hitting, they need to stay healthy, and they must fix their approach at the plate. I like McCann, but he is not Realmuto. I like Stroman, but he isn't Wheeler. I absolutely was fine with Conforto from 2015-2019. This new Conforto has fallen off. Now would've been an excellent time for Kelenic but instead they got rid of him for a 2nd baseman who was doping and a guy who is inconsistent when given non save situations in Diaz.

The Wilpons hurt this team and it's showing now. The result isn't Cohen, this is all on the Wilpons

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021

They're in a rancid stretch. Watch them do something dumb like take 10 of 13 from the Dodgers and Giants. Knowing the Mets they'll do that

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
They're in a rancid stretch. Watch them do something dumb like take 10 of 13 from the Dodgers and Giants. Knowing the Mets they'll do that

or go 1-12 in that stretch.. it used to be that Mets fans were as pessimistic as Islander fans (many being one in the same).. I do not comprehend the optimism.

KasparsHipCheck

Feb 9, 2013
upstate ny
The late summer swoon has started, I remember from my childhood all the early excitement--only for this scenario to play out. It's great to look at the standings in June or even up to the All-Star break with satisfaction with the Mets in 1st. Now, I can't even listen to Howie on the radio. (Also, that one radio guy calls every modestly hit fly ball like its got a shot at going out, only to be a routine catch--this guy is terrible to listen too.)

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I plan to watch the start of the "Field of Dreams" game tonight, just on the off chance that before the game is about to begin, a bunch of ghosts in baseball uniforms walk out of the cornfield in the outfield and challenge the Yankees and White Sox to a game. That would be pretty neat.

Reactions: Beacon Isles

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Hats off to the MLB who barely get anything right nowadays. This looks awesome.
I watched some of the game - that was pretty cool. I loved the drone shots from up high after it got dark. The non-ghost players walking out of the corn was also great. The only negative - I was distracted by the dingbat dark-haired woman in the best seat in the house behind home plate who NEVER watched the game. Constantly talking and on her phone. She totally disrespected the moment....

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
I watched some of the game - that was pretty cool. I loved the drone shots from up high after it got dark. The non-ghost players walking out of the corn was also great. The only negative - I was distracted by the dingbat dark-haired woman in the best seat in the house behind home plate who NEVER watched the game. Constantly talking and on her phone. She totally disrespected the moment....
I watched a lot of that game, probably the most I've watched of any MLB game in 5+ years. It was a total gimmick, but man, what a great gimmick. Looked beautiful, loved all the throwback stuff and the game had an exciting finish. Those Sox uni's were pretty sharp as well.

All told, it wasn't not enough to make me ignore MLB's crappy product – the shift, launch angles, pitching by spreadsheet, agonizingly long games, replay, too many relief pitchers, starting with runners in extra innings, 10 million strikeouts a year, etc. – and start watching games again, but I'd definitely tune in to watch the Cornfield Game again next year.

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY

For the crazy amounts tickets were selling, or reselling for, that woman was probably just there so she could call her friends and say look at me, im on TV.

Reactions: doublechili and JKP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad