OT: 2021 MLB Discussion

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island

Gotta feel bad for DeGrom, his career is snakebite.. I know he has two cy youngs but all the games they lost that he pitched great (even worse luck than I remember with Seaver, Koosman and Matlack, as least we knew those teams shouldn't hit) and now he was having arguably the greatest season ever for a pitcher , CY Young was a lock early and MVP very much on the table.. presumably all gone now.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021

Gotta feel bad for DeGrom, his career is snakebite.. I know he has two cy youngs but all the games they lost that he pitched great (even worse luck than I remember with Seaver, Koosman and Matlack, as least we knew those teams shouldn't hit) and now he was having arguably the greatest season ever for a pitcher , CY Young was a lock early and MVP very much on the table.. presumably all gone now.

And we also lost Baez to the 10 day IL. Rough for the Mets, especially with the Dodgers these next few days

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
i hate the dodgers for how good they are and i wish the mets can be that team one day

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Jeff Wilpon might as well own this team again.
it's year one of a new owner

i'm already sick of the complaining and it makes me more grumpy every time someone complains that this injury riddled team is not performing like a godsend team

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
it's year one of a new owner

i'm already sick of the complaining and it makes me more grumpy every time someone complains that this injury riddled team is not performing like a godsend team
They've been an injury riddled team for the longest time though. It's truly unbelievable.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
They've been an injury riddled team for the longest time though. It's truly unbelievable.
yeah yeah and they also can't hit the ball because they went kneejerk and fired davis way too soon for a guy who was pretty much a downgrade. could've helped someone like Baez immensely to have Davis around btw.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
tenor.gif

It’s okay we have injuries!

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Yankees are back no worries everyone :)
I'm a Yankee fan which I inherited from Dad. It's the least he could do since he molded me into a diehard Jets' fan.

Although I caught the end of the Field of Dreams game and also the tail end of last night's second game, I've probably only watched a total of 9 innings all season.

The product is unwatchable for too many reasons to list, but I'll try anyway.
Long games
Pitching changes
Swinging for the fences and no more small ball.
Constant injuries and DL (yup that's what I call it) stints.
Ridiculous runner on second base extra inning nonsense.

Contrast hockey's version of playing hurt with what we see in the MLB.

I could go on but it's not worth the effort.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I'm a Yankee fan which I inherited from Dad. It's the least he could do since he molded me into a diehard Jets' fan.

Although I caught the end of the Field of Dreams game and also the tail end of last night's second game, I've probably only watched a total of 9 innings all season.

The product is unwatchable for too many reasons to list, but I'll try anyway.
Long games
Pitching changes
Swinging for the fences and no more small ball.
Constant injuries and DL (yup that's what I call it) stints.
Ridiculous runner on second base extra inning nonsense.

Contrast hockey's version of playing hurt with what we see in the MLB.

I could go on but it's not worth the effort.
Baseball is brutal compared to hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad