OT: 2021 MLB Discussion

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
Chris Russo absolutely killing MLB today on Sirius or the TV scheduling and he's correct.

Northeast games on April 1 are always a dicey proposition, even without covid.

Meanwhile, West Coast games are all either early afternoon or evening. You'd think they could have scheduled 2 for 4P Pacific coast time to give the east coast a PT game.

Instead, on opening day they have no PT game to show. Could have had Dodgers, or Mike Trout vs LaRussa to show at 7P as a bailout. Now they have nothing.

No one manages TV like the NFL, but this is a total fail for MLB. Get some savvy media people in there making these calls.

We have the Isles to watch. But it hurts me as a baseball fan to see it circling the drain with a leadership that's clueless.
Mike Trout is the worst marketed superstar I’ve ever seen. It’s a shame that he isn’t appreciated as much as he should be.

Reactions: Olliemets

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Mike Trout is the worst marketed superstar I’ve ever seen. It’s a shame that he isn’t appreciated as much as he should be.

You're telling me that doing commercials for that new up and coming restaurant Subway isn't going to gain new fans and make them want to see Mike Trout?

But seriously, you're correct. Most leagues would take advantage of a superstar like that, especially being that he plays in the greater LA area. There aren't shortages of opportunities to make his star shine brighter like Kobe in the area and nationally.

Olliemets

Mar 1, 2018
Croton on Hudson, NY
You're telling me that doing commercials for that new up-and-coming restaurant Subway isn't going to gain new fans and make them want to see Mike Trout?

My son works for the NFL in the broadcast division of the league office. Every decision regarding the schedule is calculated to give maximum exposure for the product.

But seriously, you're correct. Most leagues would take advantage of a superstar like that, especially being that he plays in the greater LA area. There aren't shortages of opportunities to make his star shine brighter like Kobe in the area and nationally.

Reactions: PhysicalGraffiti

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Do the Mets practice different ways to screw over Jacob deGrom.

Today he goes 8 innings, gives up a solo HR, 5 hits, 0 walks, strikes out 14

The Mets lost 3-0.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Do the Mets practice different ways to screw over Jacob deGrom.

Today he goes 8 innings, gives up a solo HR, 5 hits, 0 walks, strikes out 14

The Mets lost 3-0.

It has Truman Show and Ground Hogs Day elements to it at this point.

Reactions: MJF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad