Ohio

EJ’s alive?!

1b9242b4-4518-436b-99ad-540f581ffed2_text.gif

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
From what Bednar said, it’s just skating and has no timeline for a return at this time.

Still good news, just having him around the guys now should be a big boost for the team.

True, when it comes to leadership and showing example I think EJ is up there with Landy and MacK. The guy is great team player.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Ya but he's made of glass at this point. We don't wanna skate 5 dman against any team. It really puts too much pressure on our big 3 dmen.
If you want to reintroduce Johnson into the lineup the smart thing to do would be to go 11F + 7D for at least the first game. Adding Johnson also gives the team a big bodied PKer so then you can opt to scratch Nemeth in favour of Byram.

Toews -- Makar
Girard -- Johnson
Graves -- Timmins
Byram
(Nemeth, MacDonald)

Or just play Byram instead of Timmins:

Toews -- Makar
Girard -- Graves
Byram -- Johnson
(Nemeth, Timmins, MacDonald).

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
It's insane how deep the Avs will be if and when O'Connor and Johnson return.

Landeskog --- Mackinnon --- Rantanen
Burakovsky ----- Kadri ------- Donskoi
Nichuskin ------- Jost --------- Saad
O'Connor ---- Bellemare ------ Compher
(Newhook, Soderberg, Ranta, O'Brien)

Toews --- Makar
Girard -- Graves
Byram -- Johnson
(Nemeth, Timmins, MacDonald)

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
It's insane how deep the Avs will be if and when O'Connor and Johnson return.

Landeskog --- Mackinnon --- Rantanen
Burakovsky ----- Kadri ------- Donskoi
Nichuskin ------- Jost --------- Saad
O'Connor ---- Bellemare ------ Compher
(Newhook, Soderberg, Ranta, O'Brien)

Toews --- Makar
Girard -- Graves
Byram -- Johnson
(Nemeth, Timmins, MacDonald)
Newhook in for Kadri please :D

Cake Malar

Oct 14, 2017
If you want to reintroduce Johnson into the lineup the smart thing to do would be to go 11F + 7D for at least the first game. Adding Johnson also gives the team a big bodied PKer so then you can opt to scratch Nemeth in favour of Byram.

Toews -- Makar
Girard -- Johnson
Graves -- Timmins
Byram
(Nemeth, MacDonald)

Or just play Byram instead of Timmins:

Toews -- Makar
Girard -- Graves
Byram -- Johnson
(Nemeth, Timmins, MacDonald).
Please don't do this to yourself... when have the Avs ever been completely healthy?

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I doubt we see EJ until sometime in the next round if we make it there. He hasn't played a game since January or February, so I'd imagine they will take it slow with him, especially since the defense has been fine without him.

Now LOC I'm hoping to see by game 3 or 4, we could really use him to make the PK even better and his forecheck.

dwkdnvr

Mar 10, 2004
Getting back an EJ that is anywhere close to the level he played in the bubble would be a significant impact. I'm not wildly optimistic about that happening, though - with EJ my guess always has been (and continues to be) that he's desperately trying to get to the point that he can get at least 1 game in the Finals and be a legit entry on the cup, and be ready to be on the ice if it turns out we do in fact win - it's got to be awfully tough to be watching from the sidelines after all the crap he's weathered with this team.
If we can get more than that I'm on board, but after being out so long with no news I find it difficult to believe that he'll get up to speed quickly enough to be a serious contributor.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad