Injury Report: 2021 Injury Thread - Part II

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
So...we got some bad news today regarding Byram and LOC, which makes sense, that seems like an Avs thing to happen.

I think these are the injuries:
Pavel Francouz (year to year)
Erik Johnson (month to month?)
Matt Calvert (please retire and live a happy life and don't further put yourself at risk of CTE)
Logan O'Connor (it's a muscle, he's fine...oh wait, week to week?)
Bowen Byram (too cocky, career to career)
Joonas Donskoi (COVID? day to day = week to week)
Mikko Rantanen (not COVID, just sick, probably typhoid)
Brandon Saad (confirmed week to week)
Jacob MacNorris (benched too hard)

Did I miss anyone?

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
So...we got some bad news today regarding Byram and LOC, which makes sense, that seems like an Avs thing to happen.

Matt Calvert (please retire and live a happy life and don't further put yourself at risk of CTE)

Did I miss anyone?
Edit: nevermind. I'm blind.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006

Did I miss anyone?

This is really funny

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
It seems like this team is legit cursed. Every time the Avs get close to being fully healthy, it’s followed by a 2-3 week period of guys getting hurt every single game.

Byram is cursed beyond belief. He’s played less than half of the Avs games, and has gotten hurt on 3-4 different occasions. His season has basically been a complete write off, because even though he’s played 19 games, they’ve been so scattered that he hasn’t gotten any sort of rhythm going at all.

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
It is definitely getting ridiculous. That said we have less total days lost than other clubs. The fact it seems to happen year after year is the bigger issue. Starting to feel like what goes on with the Philadelphia Eagles as far as injury history.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
People kept trying to tell me that Byram was a shoulder injury in the last thread, I’m standing by the only thing that fits the observed pattern of reports and skating/not skating is concussion. And COVID respiratory effects/fatigue/brain fog could cause a setback for someone with a concussion but not for someone with a shoulder injury.

Kid missed games after getting punched in the head a bunch of times and then hit in the head by cheap shot. Sure the shoulder could be involved but I’ll believe there was no brain scrambling if the medical report gets published and not otherwise

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
This is flat out unacceptable. The sheer amount of setbacks is unlike anything I've seen before. So unless they're all COVID related this organization needs a complete overhaul and reinvestment in its training staff. Enough is enough

If the setbacks are concussion related then I don’t blame the training staff. If it’s other injuries... then yeah, they don’t have them on the correct rehab plans.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
f*** this shit. What the f*** is going on?

Another day, another f***ing injury bad news. I have never seen so much f***ing shit happen to a contender.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
If Bo doesn’t learn how to avoid getting hit 20 times a game he’ll never be a factor for the Avs.
I literally said this in the last game he played. It happens way too often. There's a reason why Girard doesnt put himself in those situations and why he bails on pucks at times when hes about to get hit hard. His body wasnt built for it. Byrams body hasnt matured yet. He keeps taking these hits hes going to have a short career.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Byram didn’t come into this year with a good understanding of his physical limitations as a young guy. We saw it with RNH, amazing rookie season, takes a major shoulder injury, never captured the magic again. Byram in particular taking that fight was stupid. Hope Byram heals up well and has a great career.

Reactions: jabubenice

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
With O'Connor's setback, he won't get the 5 games needed to be exposed in the expansion draft, he'll be exempt. So that's a plus I guess.
Not exempt… he can be selected. He just can’t be used for the exposure requirements so it actually limits the Avs options more by having LOC not able to be used there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad