Injury Report: 2021 Injury Thread - Part II

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If O'Connor is already good to go then I expect Bednar to give Ranta another game at home - where Bednar can control the matchups more in order to shelter him a bit, but then insert O'Connor into the lineup for game 3 when it will be harder to shelter Ranta and Newhook.
Loc isn’t anywhere close to ready. Until he’s on an actual line in a full team practice he’s not an option. There’s a lot of specifics on how Bednar arranges his practice hierarchy and these reporters are not accurately conveying the nuance a lot of times.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
LOC has earned it. When he’s ready he’ll play. He’s a spark .
As for EJ , I must be negative Nancy with the guy cause if he shys away from any physical contact in the games he won’t add much to what is already there. Love the guy and I hope he recovers and proves me wrong.
I’ve been holding out hope that EJ would return during the playoffs, but with how well (or at least adequately) our bottom pair has played m, I’m not in a rush to throw EJ back into the lineup.

Also, isn’t EJ a notoriously slow starter at the beginning of the season? Pretty sure that’s the case, and if so, I certainly would be even more concerned putting him in cold.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Loc isn’t anywhere close to ready. Until he’s on an actual line in a full team practice he’s not an option. There’s a lot of specifics on how Bednar arranges his practice hierarchy and these reporters are not accurately conveying the nuance a lot of times.

I trust TV.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
well, I was hoping for Byram, but I'd definitely take EJ in for Nemeth tonight
I wouldn't expect it. Byram has been in a normal jersey for 3 weeks, and hasn't played in a game in 3 months because of a concussion, so Bednar won't play him. Why would he then play EJ, who has been on the ice in a regular sweater just 1 day, and hasn't played since January because of a concussion?

I could see him maybe playing if they can make it into round 3 and beyond at some point, but I highly doubt he plays in this series.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Damn. If this goes to 7 games vs Vegas we could be adding Erik Johnson and Nazem Kadri. That would be huge.

Landeskog- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Saad- Kadri- Burakovsky
Nichushkin- Jost- Donskoi
Compher- Bellmare- Newhook

Toews - Makar
Girard - Johnson
Graves - Timmins/Nemeth

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
Damn. If this goes to 7 games vs Vegas we could be adding Erik Johnson and Nazem Kadri. That would be huge.

Saad- Kadri- Burakovsky

Toews - Makar
Girard - Johnson
Graves - Timmins/Nemeth
If we go to 7 f*** Kadri

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
If we go to 7 f*** Kadri
Naw...I maintain that this is the adversity Nate needs to face. At some point he needs to be able to pick the team up and lead it in the playoffs. It's time for him to get going. I'll be honest though...Kadri being out has helped expose a lot of problems with this team and its coach that need to be addressed in order to keep a window open for any length of time.

Reactions: jabubenice

Andrew Wiggin

Feb 8, 2020

Saad- Kadri- Burakovsky

Toews - Makar
Girard - Johnson
Graves - Timmins/Nemeth

I would do O'Connor over Compher or Newhook.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I believe a few other goalies went through the same surgery but I could be wrong.

Definitely a little concerning to have Frankie being our backup having not played in over a year and going through such a surgery, but at the same time it seemed to really help Varly quite a bit, so here's hoping it helps Frankie as well.

He did put up some tremendous numbers for us in 2020 before the Covid shutdown, and while he was awful in that playoff run I think it was clearly a result of the injury he was dealing with. He looked so sluggish in net against the Stars I distinctly remember one goal where he made the initial save and gave zero effort whatsoever to stop the rebound. It was that particular moment I knew for certain he wasn't anywhere close to 100%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad