Injury Report: 2021 Injury Thread - Part II

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Calvert had surgery for what exactly? We all assumed it was a concussion thing.

Reactions: Avsboy

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It's all about getting him to game speed and waiting for the right opportunity. Byram was clearly their 4th best defenseman before he was injured, but the dude hasn't played in two months. I think Bednar is being smart and waiting for a downswing to draw him in. Timmins hasn't exactly set a super high bar in the postseason for Byram to meet.

Against Vegas with their unyielding forecheck, I really don't think it's going to take long for us to see Byram. Graves, Nemeth, and Timmins are going to get exposed big time in this series. Byram gives them a fourth guy who excels at breakouts and can play on their bottom pairing. He's an x-factor for me in this series.

I don't know if there's any thought being put into this by Bednar, apart from just not wanting to change the lineup after wins, or after a sweep. Which is understandable.

I think they would have been fine putting Bo in the lineup against the Blues had they lost a game.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I don't know if there's any thought being put into this by Bednar, apart from just not wanting to change the lineup after wins, or after a sweep. Which is understandable.

I think they would have been fine putting Bo in the lineup against the Blues had they lost a game.

But it seems like he may be willing to put in Ranta after a sweep. It should be interesting to see what the lineup is tomorrow, given that Bednar is so secretive with lineup decisions

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
But it seems like he may be willing to put in Ranta after a sweep. It should be interesting to see what the lineup is tomorrow, given that Bednar is so secretive with lineup decisions

We'll see what happens, but it's easier to insert a depth forward and not shake up the lineup too much, than it is with a defenseman.

Ranta would probably just play on the 4th line and everything else would stay in tact. Putting Bo in would change up the D pairings and possibly the PK.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
After the top 6, I am not sure if EJ is qualified to be the next four to six players on the depth chart for me at this stage. He needs at least a month of solid conditioning and cardio and that's even before whatever issues with him get cleared. Maybe we get a Uwe Krupp 2.0?

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
After the top 6, I am not sure if EJ is qualified to be the next four to six players on the depth chart for me at this stage. He needs at least a month of solid conditioning and cardio and that's even before whatever issues with him get cleared. Maybe we get a Uwe Krupp 2.0?

This is assuming he had a concussion and wasn’t able to workout at all (a pretty fair assumption imo). However if he’s been able to work out a bit from home because he had a facial fracture/broken collarbone there’s potential for him to be back sooner than a month. Getting EJ back in a similar form to what he was last playoffs would be huge.

Reactions: LTC Pain

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It definitely was not a concussion that he had. Otherwise they wouldn't have ruled him out for the regular season as early as they did.

I'm guessing it was his shoulder. If I remember correctly he landed very awkwardly on his shoulder on the play when he got injured.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
EJ will play tonight. He's like the no. 30 in every years Royal Rumble.

4EAubR.gif

Surprise entry in the lineup. And his name is Erik Johnson!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad