OT - NO POLITICS 2021 III - It's Spring (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Been cleaning out storage and found all my old hockey memorabilia....

Going through it now and just found an Orlando Solar Bears(IHL) Playoff puck with Bobby Orr's signature on it...
I remember meeting him at a game in Orlando, he must have been scouting one of his kids at the time when he was a manager.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Emptied my transmission pan today, replaced the pan/gasket/filter/fluid. There’s no dipstick so the idea was to catch all the old fluid and measure it out. However, the trans oil pan was stuck on with a silicon gasket material, so i had to jar it loose by force. I was holding up the pan and tapped it with a hammer, and i guess i wasn’t holding it tight enough. Major spillage onto the driveway.

got the job done, but i had to guess on how much fluid to add back in. Fingers crossed.

i did drive out to get some kitty litter to soak up the oil, and the car was shifting fine. No leaks yet. I’ll take it

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
Emptied my transmission pan today, replaced the pan/gasket/filter/fluid. There’s no dipstick so the idea was to catch all the old fluid and measure it out. However, the trans oil pan was stuck on with a silicon gasket material, so i had to jar it loose by force. I was holding up the pan and tapped it with a hammer, and i guess i wasn’t holding it tight enough. Major spillage onto the driveway.

got the job done, but i had to guess on how much fluid to add back in. Fingers crossed.

i did drive out to get some kitty litter to soak up the oil, and the car was shifting fine. No leaks yet. I’ll take it
You can’t find out online how much capacity for the fluid?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
You can’t find out online how much capacity for the fluid?

oh i can, but there’s no way to tell how much i dumped on the ground. I’m sure i only got about half of it, with the rest being in the torque converter and hoses.

i guessed. Various books say anywhere from 4-5.5 q will come out for a pan drop and filter change. I added almost 5.5

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
16 years clean and sober today, if a drunk/junkie like me can do it, anyone here struggling can as well. The key for me, willingness to ask for help and the desperation to do whatever it takes to stay clean and sober
Sixteen years eh? That’s practically a lifetime for some. Well done.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
16 years clean and sober today, if a drunk/junkie like me can do it, anyone here struggling can as well. The key for me, willingness to ask for help and the desperation to do whatever it takes to stay clean and sober

*Stick tap* :hockey:

Congratulations Andrew :)

Reactions: ODAAT

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Ha so 2 weeks ago I got stopped by a NY statie in the middle of nowhere Adirondacks (saw him coming the other way and looked down and saw I was doing 70 and knew he was going to stop me) and yup I saw him whip his charger around and I knew i was getting stopped.. I apologized and just told him I didn't realize I was traveling at the speed he clocked me at
.. I have a perfect record so he let me off with a 'dirty license plate' ticket instead of speeding. I just went online to plead guilty and pay it and it says my citation 'doesn't exist' . I'll still mail in the physical copy but I think he threw it out..

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Ha so 2 weeks ago I got stopped by a NY statie in the middle of nowhere Adirondacks (saw him coming the other way and looked down and saw I was doing 70 and knew he was going to stop me) and yup I saw him whip his charger around and I knew i was getting stopped.. I apologized and just told him I didn't realize I was traveling at the speed he clocked me at
.. I have a perfect record so he let me off with a 'dirty license plate' ticket instead of speeding. I just went online to plead guilty and pay it and it says my citation 'doesn't exist' . I'll still mail in the physical copy but I think he threw it out..

NY toll by mail sent me a bill 15x what it should have been claiming their plate reader did not register me at a certain point. Told them to f*** right off. Wonder how many out of state people they send bills to like that just hoping a percentage of people just shake their head and pay it.

Reactions: BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

Congratulations! I am glad you got the help you needed. I wish you all the best.

Reactions: BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Been 48 hours since Pfizer vax 2. Fever gone. Aches gone. Chills gone. Just a sore arm. Easy peasy.

The Bride however now 24 hours after Moderna vax 2 is in bed. Fever, chills and headache.
To be expected.

“ in sickness and in health......”

Hubby and I are getting vaccinated April 17th. Glad to hear you have had the shots and have recovered. I am anxious about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad