OT - NO POLITICS 2021 III - It's Spring (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I had 2 nights of really bad arm pain but by Monday night my arm was fine. Ice really did help it quite a bit and I only iced it for a half hour at a time and only at night (Fri and Sat).

So glad people are getting vaccinated :)

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
I had 2 nights of really bad arm pain but by Monday night my arm was fine. Ice really did help it quite a bit and I only iced it for a half hour at a time and only at night (Fri and Sat).

So glad people are getting vaccinated :)

Yup, such a relief. My Wife gets her second Moderna Monday, My son gets second Pfizer 3/22 and I get my second Moderna 4/24. It's amazing to think of how far we've come since 1 year ago. Modern science is astonishing!

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Maine is 7th best in the country case wise and 4th in the overall # of deaths nationwide;

State now accelerates for the third time opening vaccinations to those 16 and up, beginning Wednesday 4/7.

Pfizer is the only one approved for those 16/17, because there was a concern in an earlier post, the other two are not yet approved.... discussions about the report overnight from Baltimore in reference to J& J Dr. Shah stated the distribution facility had not yet been cleared to start that vaccine production when that QA issue occurred.

State is averaging 72K+ Doses between the allocation directly to MCDC/Partners, and other modes....

State actually did 20K Doses on Wednesday alone.

Reactions: Gee Wally and LSCII

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Welp...must be working.
First shot I never felt a thing.

Today arm is sore and chills starting to set in.
Guess all systems are ‘go’.

I take it as a super positive sign. Doing what its supposed too.

Very similar so far as to when I had taken two stage Shingles vaccine.

Must be Bill Gates fine-tuning the frequency of the transistor. Whatever you do, don’t say “Siri” or it will send out an EMP waveform disable nearby electronics.

I only had a little bit of mild, vague tiredness after shot 2 - nothing that kept me from anything I needed to do. Happened both yesterday and the day before, when I got the vax.

The arm pain, however, was worse than the first shot. Maybe I didn’t relax my deltoid. Maybe the vaxer wasn’t as good as before. Who knows. It wasn’t really bad, but basically felt like my shoulder had been playfully beaten up by my 8 year-old nephew. It’s still tender today. Didn’t do anything for it, because I’m lazy and it was mild. Most noticeable when I slept on it, but I was able to scotch into a comfy position.

I’m just happy to get a haircut in couple of weeks.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
although, then there's this just announced:

Auburn to celebrate Lobster Festival on 7/31/21

Interesting. Cuts out at least an hour of driving for me and, for the many many times I've driven through it, I don't think I've ever actually stopped in auburn..

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Pops had his first shot of Pfizer juice Wednesday morning and he’s feeling fine.

Engaged in some retail therapy just now. Bought a nice classy looking steering wheel, install and horn kit, and two different center/horn caps for the 64. It’s about 5 inches less in diameter and should give pops enough leg clearance to get in/out, still allow him to use the hand controls, and looks period appropriate. Maybe it’s lame, but I can’t wait for the night I get home from work to see the garage door left open cuz he finally took the car out on his own. Also picked up a pair of phone chargers for him cuz he got himself a fancy new phone but has been charging it on a portable trickle charger.

Surprise!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Welp...must be working.
First shot I never felt a thing.

Today arm is sore and chills starting to set in.
Guess all systems are ‘go’.

I take it as a super positive sign. Doing what its supposed too.

Very similar so far as to when I had taken two stage Shingles vaccine.

@Gee Wally - I suspect today you feel normal and more importantly have peace of mind. :)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
@Gee Wally - I suspect today you feel normal and more importantly have peace of mind. :)

feeling way better this morning. Just tired since fever was on and off during the night.

Now, just a shoulder that feels like it stopped a Bobby Hull shot. Otherwise yes.....piece of mind that I have been waiting and hoping for.

plus the Bride goes this afternoon for her shot # 2 !

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
feeling way better this morning. Just tired since fever was on and off during the night.

Now, just a shoulder that feels like it stopped a Bobby Hull shot. Otherwise yes.....piece of mind that I have been waiting and hoping for.

plus the Bride goes this afternoon for her shot # 2 !
Yahoooo!!!!

Hope your symptoms go away completely today :)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
please remove if violates rules:

US Capitol in lockdown as of 1:30 after armed suspect rammed barricade along Constitution Avenue in DC

its ok. We just need to keep politics out of it.

The person who tried to breach was shot and killed.

Also a member of Capitol Police succumbed to injuries and has died. RIP.

A second officer remains hospitalized.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Westy & I went on a DATE today!!
Matinee of Nobody with Bob Odenkirk. Fun shoot em up. Had the theater to ourselves!
NOBODY THERE
C59CA3B1-859E-49A0-A31E-5E1672BFB565.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad