OT - NO POLITICS 2021 III - It's Spring (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
@Fenway, how shattered would you be if this was your camera?

xsn4trsvs6n21vb6kryw.jpg

Try not to flinch! Foul ball shatters camera

Reactions: BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Is it just Moderna with those effects or both?

both.
So far data being collected Moderna slightly more.
In both cases women more than men.

Most likely cause is excipients used in final formulation.

Again best precaution is to plan on feeling like crap 24 to 48 hours after second shot. That guidance has been in place since the get go.

If anyone is 50 or near 50 and plan on Shingles vaccine , you will most likely have the same reactions. That has been known for years.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm getting the 1st shot of Moderna or Pfiser on Saturday afternoon. It's the 2nd dose where I should expect to feel kinda crappy for a couple days right?
Expect to be exhausted a few hours after the shot and then to feel crappy for 24-36 hours.

I started to get aches, chills and a fever (99.7) about 24 hours post shot.

I got my shot at 4:30 on a Friday and was good to go when I woke up Monday morning.

If you can, I'd take Monday off just to be on the safe side since you are getting it Saturday afternoon.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Is it just Moderna with those effects or both?

It's both, but women seem to be impacted by the second dose more so than men are for whatever reason. The Moderna is also seeming to have more of the flu like responses after the second dose than the Pfizer, anecdotally speaking. The one thing to keep in mind is that the Pfizer vax requires less medicine in volume than the Moderna one, so that may be part of why more people react to the Moderna shot. The efficacy on both are about the same, so you can't go wrong with either if you get a chance to get one.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'm getting the 1st shot of Moderna or Pfiser on Saturday afternoon. It's the 2nd dose where I should expect to feel kinda crappy for a couple days right?

First dose, you'll probably have a sore arm like any other vaccine, but that's about it. Second dose is where people tend to react. You'll get a sore arm again, and then the other stuff is what varies. Some get flu like symptoms of high fever, headache, chills, upset stomach, etc, other's don't get anything other than a slight fever. It depends on the person.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It's both, but women seem to be impacted by the second dose more so than men are for whatever reason. The Moderna is also seeming to have more of the flu like responses after the second dose than the Pfizer, anecdotally speaking. The one thing to keep in mind is that the Pfizer vax requires less medicine in volume than the Moderna one, so that may be part of why more people react to the Moderna shot. The efficacy on both are about the same, so you can't go wrong with either if you get a chance to get one.

I'm getting my second Pfizer on the 22nd. I should be fine.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'm getting my second Pfizer on the 22nd. I should be fine.

I didn't react all that much at all. Low grade fever and a slight headache. I guess the older you are, the less reaction you have as well. My wife was in bed like she was dying and I made fajitas for myself and the girls. My wife was like, how the f*** are you fine, but I feel like shit? Was pretty funny.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I didn't react all that much at all. Low grade fever and a slight headache. I guess the older you are, the less reaction you have as well. My wife was in bed like she was dying and I made fajitas for myself and the girls. My wife was like, how the f*** are you fine, but I feel like shit? Was pretty funny.

There are so many possible jokes I could come with..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad