OT - NO POLITICS 2021 III - It's Spring (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm at the vet with Daisy to get her shots updated and a checkup. Currently waiting because the vet is finishing up with a family who is having their dog put down. :(

I don't know how vets handle doing that. I would be bawling every time.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
For all the Jeopardy fans out there, how did you like Aaron Rodger's first game as guest host? I thought he did a really good job and was actually surprised by him. I can't tell if he was that good though or if it was just because Dr. Oz was so awful before him. If I had to rank them so far, I'd have it as:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Mike Richards
3. Ken Jennings
4. Katie Couric
5. Dr. Oz

And really, Courin and Oz were both f***ing terrible. Oz was so abrasive with his responses when a player got something wrong that it detracted from the show, and Couric was just so low energy.

I DVRed the whole set of Mr. Homeopathic Raspberry Ketones episodes. I’ll watch them later, so they don’t count in the ratings. I’m not sure if that’s how ratings work nowadays, but it can’t hurt.

I’ll also watch them when I get a computer - I like tracking my score on Excel. :groucho: I’ll probably wind up saving Rogers until I get a computer. He seems like one of he smarter QBs out there, so I think I could dig him for a 2 week stint.

I think all these “two week” hosts are just for eyeballs/corporate synergy - Oz and J! Are distributed by Sony. Ken and Mike Richards are the only ones who would be seriously in contention, IMO. I think the job was Ken’s to lose, and he didn’t lose it during his stint. I liked Ken better than Mike Richards, but wouldn’t be disappointed with either.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I DVRed the whole set of Mr. Homeopathic Raspberry Ketones episodes. I’ll watch them later, so they don’t count in the ratings. I’m not sure if that’s how ratings work nowadays, but it can’t hurt.

I’ll also watch them when I get a computer - I like tracking my score on Excel. :groucho: I’ll probably wind up saving Rogers until I get a computer. He seems like one of he smarter QBs out there, so I think I could dig him for a 2 week stint.

I think all these “two week” hosts are just for eyeballs/corporate synergy - Oz and J! Are distributed by Sony. Ken and Mike Richards are the only ones who would be seriously in contention, IMO. I think the job was Ken’s to lose, and he didn’t lose it during his stint. I liked Ken better than Mike Richards, but wouldn’t be disappointed with either.

Oz was just very New York and cold. When someone got it wrong he was quick to interject with a strong NO. It rubbed me wrong for some reason. He was also very awkward with the guest interview piece of it. Like a lot doctors he had a very disconnected and disinterested manner when discussing things with them. Completely opposite of Alex, whom made it seem like he was interested.

I liked Ken less than Mike Richards, but I don't know if Richards would even want that gig given he's already an EP of the show and only jumped in because Jennings had to film The Chase. I'm pleasantly surprised by Rodgers though, and he's far more personable than I thought he'd be. If they wanted to actually make him the guy, I'd be okay with it based on the last couple of games. Jennings obviously has a tie back to Alex, but I don't know if I like his schtick. Something about his voice being a little to shrill for my tastes. The one thing he does bring is credibility though, since he's the most successful winner in the show's history. I wouldn't mind seeing some other well known former champs like Buzzy Cohen or Brad Rutter get a chance too. I don't think Jeopardy James would be a good pick though.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Watching this brings back all the awful memories of math class.

PEMDAS and FOIL were the two concepts I was a rockstar at.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm at the vet with Daisy to get her shots updated and a checkup. Currently waiting because the vet is finishing up with a family who is having their dog put down. :(

I don't know how vets handle doing that. I would be bawling every time.

I love animals and when I was a kid I went through a phase where I wanted to be a vet. But so much of that profession ends up being killing animals or cutting them open and shit, plus I never liked science/biology classes so I ended up never pursuing that field.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Watching this brings back all the awful memories of math class.

PEMDAS and FOIL were the two concepts I was a rockstar at.

Uggghhhhhh, math.

Algebra was the only class I got a C in during high school. Just had no talent for it whatsoever.

The teacher was a really nice guy, but he'd have you go up to the chalkboard :wally: to work a problem. On the rare occasion when I thought I had it, he'd say "are you sure you're right?" Of course I'm not sure!!!! lol

My brother was the math guru in our family. Not even he could help me lol

Reactions: Alicat

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Uggghhhhhh, math.

Algebra was the only class I got a C in during high school. Just had no talent for it whatsoever.

The teacher was a really nice guy, but he'd have you go up to the chalkboard :wally: to work a problem. On the rare occasion when I thought I had it, he'd say "are you sure you're right?" Of course I'm not sure!!!! lol

My brother was the math guru in our family. Not even he could help me lol

I hated math. I still do but I use it every.damn.day. Although thankfully the computer does most of the work!

I stunk so bad at algebra I had to take a remedial class in college. My teacher was a young man going for his master's degree in math, he wanted to be a HS math teacher. He was really good- he said at one time he hated math as much as I did and struggled to learn it until a teacher worked with him after class until he mastered it. He said that teacher inspired him to become a teacher. I ended up with a C, which was the highest mark for algebra I had ever attained (Ds & Fs were the norm lol)

Reactions: WestCoastBruinsFan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Ontario is starting a 4 week lockdown at Midnight

Effective Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 12:01 a.m., the government is issuing a province-wide Stay-at-Home order requiring everyone to remain at home except for essential purposes, such as going to the grocery store or pharmacy, accessing health care services (including getting vaccinated), for outdoor exercise , or for work that cannot be done remotely. As Ontario's health care capacity is threatened, the Stay-at-Home order, and other new and existing public health and workplace safety measures will work to preserve public health system capacity, safeguard vulnerable populations, allow for progress to be made with vaccinations and save lives.

Ontario issues stay-at-home order and declares third state of emergency

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad