2021 IIHF World Hockey Championship

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Wow, what an effort by Germany against a bunch of embellishing Canadians.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Petades: ”Det kom lite som en chock”

"Many are asking why Jonatan Berggren isn't in Riga"

"-I think I did everything I could do be there, I was disappointed when I was cut. It would have been better to realize I suck and can't play at this level."

"While Tre Kronor struggles to score goals, more voices are being raised about why Berggren didn't make the cut. "

"Sportbladet expert Mats Wennerholm wrote this after yesterday's loss:

-Jonatan Berggren was sent home, even though there was still a spot open in the roster, and they kept Wingerli and Fröden. I can't help but wonder what that line could have done against Denmark and Belarus. I've missed Jonatan Berggren's creativity in both those games."

"- It's nice that people think I should have been there, it proves I've done good things"

"When Berggren didn't make the World Championships cut it was instead made public that he signed a 3 year contract with Detroit Red Wings.

- Now I have the time this summer to be with my family and do hard physical training. Maybe this was the best for me considering next season."

Thanks for posting that. It's a bummer that the kid didn't get selected. Berggren would have been incredible for Sweden. All we can do is hope that it builds character and also makes Sweden rethink their international program.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavels Dog

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
some concerns where raised that seider is dominating in a european league in physical play is one thing and that might not be the case in NHL where players are bigger and stronger, but he just showed today that he will crush people in NHL too, he crushed lots of NHLers today.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002

It looks like Danforth's legs get tangled up with Seider on the way down and makes Seider fall.

I love the fact that Seider has the awareness to consistently make these hits clean. 90% of the checks I've seen from him have been clean to the chest or shoulder, and he just destroys guys. This is extra impressive considering he's a tall guy. The NHL hasn't seen a hitter like him in awhile. It'll be interesting to see if he can keep that up at the higher NHL speeds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad