2021 Hot Seat/NCAA Coaching Carousel

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Was Josh McDaniels fired by the Patriots?

Or did McDaniels contract run out at the end of the season this he is former.
Just bad wording by Schefty. I believe Rapaport always uses the person's current title. Schefty in the Chicago GM hire used the person's current role. Didn't use the word former.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008

Pleasepleasepleaseplease be legit

I can see it happen. Michigan is never going to reach higher unless they start selling their souls ala Ohio State and if he doesn't leave now for the NFL, he may just stick in college.

Of course, he was supposedly a lock to be in Las Vegas as well.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I can see it happen. Michigan is never going to reach higher unless they start selling their souls ala Ohio State and if he doesn't leave now for the NFL, he may just stick in college.

Of course, he was supposedly a lock to be in Las Vegas as well.
with LV, he would have needed a GM. Not sure he would want the player Personnel duties as well.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Pleasepleasepleaseplease be legit

Just wonder if he would be willing to go there with Griere having the amount of power he does, I'm sure Harbaugh would want some sort of control.

I loved Ross' excuse of not wanting to hurt his alma mater. Wouldn't you rather improve the team that actually makes you money? :laugh:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Just wonder if he would be willing to go there with Griere having the amount of power he does, I'm sure Harbaugh would want some sort of control.

I loved Ross' excuse of not wanting to hurt his alma mater. Wouldn't you rather improve the team that actually makes you money? :laugh:

To be fair that's before it came out Harbaugh was considering leaving.

I assume Ross was operating under the assumption he didn't want to leave Michigan so he wouldn't bother. Once it came out he was interviewing elsewhere the plan changed.

Obviously the logic of not wanting to screw your Alma mater is stupid but still.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Any new Jag news?

I would have thought given Meyer being out before end of season they would have been one of the first to make hire since they had a head start

Sep 19, 2008
Ben Fischer @BenFischerSBJ
BIG NEWS: Fmr Dolphins coach Brian Flores files class action lawsuit against the NY Giants and the NFL, claiming racial discrimination. Says he can prove Giants interviewed him as a "Rooney Rule" show after already deciding to hire Brian Daboll.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Packers and Colts getting raided for coaches thus far

Anyone else?
In light of the Flores law suit, I do wonder how many of the key 96 jobs for OC, DC, QB coach will be held by minorities as we enter next season.

Flores lawsuit noted 18 people in those roles last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad