2021 Hot Seat/NCAA Coaching Carousel

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
As always, HF is the place where we celebrate the road to the unemployment line for underachieving head coaches.

I'll start off with Mike Zimmer......his Vikes looked putrid in the pre-season & as of this writing don't look so great in Cincy. Might be time for a new voice in Minny.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm not sure if Duke keeps David Cutcliffe, they had a putrid loss at Charlotte last week and they weren't very good at all last season. I know it's Duke but they don't want to go back to the dark ages.

Reactions: Btlegend082

Btlegend082

Jun 23, 2021
I'm not sure if Duke keeps David Cutcliffe, they had a putrid loss at Charlotte last week and they weren't very good at all last season. I know it's Duke but they don't want to go back to the dark ages.

As a fan of a a another mediocre ACC team (UVA) I agree but he has takin them to some good seasons when he got there Duke was a train wreck and seems like he has been there forever now and with his age I see it being a forced retirement and got out on good terms kinda deal

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Randy Edsall tried to retire and still got fired.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Clay Helton should be, but the guy's got dirt or something on the admin.
Money issues at usc.

but USC can’t be happy seeing the top QBs in California HS leaving for Alabama and Clemson like Young and DJ U did.

losing too many good players to schools out of state.

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Money issues at usc.

but USC can’t be happy seeing the top QBs in California HS leaving for Alabama and Clemson like Young and DJ U did.

losing too many good players to schools out of state.
I don't know who USC could attract that would change that though.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I have radio on while on my shift and just heard the good news. Hopefully they can replace him with someone good.
Sucks for the freshman class. But, it’s good now that they instituted the 1 time transfer without needing to redshirt. Gives the kids a chance to leave if the incoming coaching staff’s system or personality doesn’t fit them.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
USC fans tonight:
giphy.gif

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
After just 2 games? I know he’s been for a few seasons but man alive if he’s on that short a leash they should have pulled the trigger in the off season.
It’s also the third coach in a row they fired mid-season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad