2021 Hlinka Gretzky

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Have Germany posted any sort of roster for the tournament?

smalt021

Oct 19, 2011
STL
Team Finland

E7OXuUhX0AwY9Pa

Reactions: Pardus

smalt021

Oct 19, 2011
STL
Here is the Finnish U18 national team for the Hlinka Gretzky Cup. 2005's Emil Järventie and Kasper Halttunen made the team. Joakim Kemell, Otto Salin and Kasper Kulonummi are 2022 NHL Draft prospects to watch, just to name a few.

ddlennon

May 1, 2018
Helsinki
Who got the broadcasting rights for this? Tsn probably not there since canada for some stupid reason is not attending?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Here is the Finnish U18 national team for the Hlinka Gretzky Cup. 2005's Emil Järventie and Kasper Halttunen made the team. Joakim Kemell, Otto Salin and Kasper Kulonummi are 2022 NHL Draft prospects to watch, just to name a few.

Where’s Leinonen?

Pardus

Sep 25, 2017
Oulu, Finland
I wonder why Jesse Nurmi didn't get selected?

I guess Finnish coaches want to have some top U17 players like Nurmi and Uronen against Russia U17 next week in Kuhmo and Vuokatti. If they lead the way there they will get their shot with U18 later. Lots of time to prove themselves.

Reactions: Svedu

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Oh..I thought this tournament stopped being in Europe after they changed the name and added Gretzky. If you ever get to go, yuo should...I went back in 2004 when it was brand new and no one knew about it. I got to hang with the ENTIRE hockey Canada staff and team. They even took me to dinner after we won...fun times :cool:

Reactions: Pardus

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Oh..I thought this tournament stopped being in Europe after they changed the name and added Gretzky. If you ever get to go, yuo should...I went back in 2004 when it was brand new and no one knew about it. I got to hang with the ENTIRE hockey Canada staff and team. They even took me to dinner after we won...fun times :cool:
I met William Nylander in the crowd :D Definitely worth it

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Team Switzerland:

Hlinka Roster.png

Kimo Gruber made the team as an underager and it will be interesting to see what he can do on that level. I am not as high on him anymore, as I was last year but he should still be a compelling NHL prospect in 2023. Jonas Taibel and especially Lian Bichsel were already pretty good at the U18's and should be the leaders of this team. Dionicio, Greuter and Naber are also relatively intriguing players that all have some question marks though. Depth wise the roster seems (as usual) a bit weak however, so blowouts against the top nations should be expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad