2021 Hlinka Gretzky

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Exactly. Remember the last one in Bratislava. Game vs Sweden in the middle of the day.
"I have important meeting in Towns. See you later, in 2-3 Hours..."

Eh, I seem to remember there being Slovakia games at around 5p.m. at least some of the years when the tourney was in Bratislava.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Lol at Canada not taking part, not trying to sound arrogant but doesn't that kind of devalue the tournament, especially given Canada's record of dominance at this tournament?

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Lol at Canada not taking part, not trying to sound arrogant but doesn't that kind of devalue the tournament, especially given Canada's record of dominance at this tournament?

Not really. The most valuable aspect of the Hlinka is it's the first time we can compare elite 16-17 year old from all over the world to each other. Sure Canada won't be there, but tons of talent still will.
Frankly it's the Canadian kids who are losing out. They should be there.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It's going to be pretty funny if no Canada but the German's beat us.

I'm not sure we ahve the best team and I think the German's have some great prospects. I'm actually happy for them being included. Obviously, would like Canada there but happy for th German's!

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
This isnt World Championships. Its a well respected tournament for prospects around the world.

One of the most highly regarded tournaments as its an opportunity for best-on-best in this age group unlike the IIHF U-18s that usually happen when the best Canadian players are in the CHL playoffs.

This tournament kind of kicks off the scouting season for next years draft.

I’ll still be following closely. With Canada not there, I think Russia led by Michkov, Miroshnichenko and company has to be the favourites here.

This tournament usually has some really good hockey. Thankfully the last U-18s a couple months ago was really good. That Gold medal game between Canada and Russia was awesome hockey.

It’s a shame Canada isn’t at this tournament. This is a tournament that Hockey Canada generally takes very seriously, so it sucks we’re not there.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
It looks like the tournament starts on August 2nd.
Piestany Group: USA U18, Sweden U18, Slovakia U18, Germany U18
Breclav Group: Russia U18, Finland U18, Czechia U18, Switzerland U18

Reactions: User9992

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
I doubt Wright and Bedard would have even been going, probably would have went to the u20 summer showcase if that’s taking place.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
It's going to be pretty funny if no Canada but the German's beat us.

I'm not sure we ahve the best team and I think the German's have some great prospects. I'm actually happy for them being included. Obviously, would like Canada there but happy for th German's!
I am curious about Germans. 2 years ago our 2004 without Slafkovsky and Nemec has won 7:3 against them..
I am not sure about the statistics from that game but if they are correct we had 63 shots!!! in this game.
Súťaže a štatistiky | 2019 U16 4 Nations Tournament | Slovakia U16 vs. Germany U16 | HockeySlovakia.sk - oficiálny web slovenského hokeja

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I am curious about Germans. 2 years ago our 2004 without Slafkovsky and Nemec has won 7:3 against them..
I am not sure about the statistics from that game but if they are correct we had 63 shots!!! in this game.
Súťaže a štatistiky | 2019 U16 4 Nations Tournament | Slovakia U16 vs. Germany U16 | HockeySlovakia.sk - oficiálny web slovenského hokeja
That is a really strong Slovakian group.. there was a post on HF about Slovak prospects... next 2 drafts are looking good (I think after this one though). I'm hoping the next few years see the Slovaks rise and Germans continue to rise.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia

I watched this match. We missed more players than just Slaf and Nemec. The statistic is true, literally the dominant performance in terms of the offensive phase in terms of defense, it was not ideal there, but still better than for other years. We could easily shoot that 10+ goal and it would be deserved. But I'm also curious about HGC and where our team has moved and where the Germans have moved since that match.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->