OT: 2021 Football Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY

I have a lot of issues with Mike Francesa and he's just "heeling" as they say in wrestling here.

First off, what kind of stadium should they have built? Giants Stadium was never a draw because of the stadium, it was because of the team that played there. I went to concerts at the old stadium and they all sucked. Terrible acoustics and terrible sightlines. Because of the size of NFL stadiums, I don't think any architect could turn it into The Bowery Ballroom. It's too big.

I wouldn't call Giants fans the most loyal. I'd call them very loyal. Top 5-10 maybe. But a lot of the fans he is referring to are the blue collar ones that stopped going in the 90s. I don't like the Packers and I'm sick of hearing about the Steelers but those are two teams I'd say are more loyal.

Before this dunderhead keeps tweeting he should really answer why he wasted everyone's time with all his talk off horse racing, politics, and his dumb app the last few years.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Once again I'm going to bring up a fact that I love the Giants despite how badly they've been for most of the last decade and despite the fact that I'm sick of the "ny" uniforms and it's time to go back to the Parcells year "Giants" and Royal Blue, Giants fans have no right to complain about anything. They won two Super Bowls is four years which they had no business even being in yet alone winning.

Yes at some point they should be consistently competitive and if it goes on the rest of the 2020s, we have a real problem, but there is no one on this board who would not sign up for one yet alone two Rangers Cup wins if it meant they wouldn't be a playoff team again until the late 2030s.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Sources: Giants plan to bring back Judge, Jones

Schefter saying Jones and Judge will be back next year, but caveats it with:

"One wrinkle that could complicate New York's plans is that a new GM potentially would want to hire a new head coach rather than retain Judge, but those conversations would occur later in the offseason, and Giants ownership would convey its preference to keep Judge."

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Sources: Giants plan to bring back Judge, Jones

Schefter saying Jones and Judge will be back next year, but caveats it with:

"One wrinkle that could complicate New York's plans is that a new GM potentially would want to hire a new head coach rather than retain Judge, but those conversations would occur later in the offseason, and Giants ownership would convey its preference to keep Judge."
What a mess. What GM in their right mind would take this job if ownership wants to keep all of the incumbents around?

Burn it down already.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
What a mess. What GM in their right mind would take this job if ownership wants to keep all of the incumbents around?

Burn it down already.

They refuse to get out of their own way. A new GM needs to cut the Mara's out of any football related decision. Chris Mara should never be allowed in another scouting meeting. Steve Tisch should tell John to sit back, cash checks & let the football minds steer the ship.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I’m pretty certain Jones isn’t the answer at QB, but he really does get the most out of the offense. He at least moves the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad