OT: 2021 Football Thread: Mock Draft SZN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Lol obviously

I'll 2nd that...lol.

Really? We all already know Sam is going to do better in Carolina than he did here in NY, possibly alot better, so I'm sure it's merely a coincidence why not send the Jets to Charlotte 1st game of the season to really stir up some hype and juice for a game that ordinarily would be just a "meh" type opening game to any other fanbase but the Jets and Panthers.

OK Wilson vs Darnold....we got this!!....lol

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Gotta love the schedule makers for the NFL, they sure know how to put together a week 1 schedule. Guess we'll get to see Darnold right off the rip with his new offense.

And the Jets are going to London. I did not miss the 9:30AM games this past season.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Gotta love the schedule makers for the NFL, they sure know how to put together a week 1 schedule. Guess we'll get to see Darnold right off the rip with his new offense.

And the Jets are going to London. I did not miss the 9:30AM games this past season.
I'm hopeful about going to London for the jet game. Went for the miami game a few years ago and it was a blast. There were "designated" jets and dolphin pubs to hang out at. I'm hopeful things will enough be back to normal for this.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
It's not really odd when you think about the fact that the Giants were infatuated with Pitts.

?? says who? Fans? Not buying into what the media says. Kelvin is an ex-Gettleman draft choice. It would be a miracle if he even gets through camp IMO.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
?? says who? Fans? Not buying into what the media says. Kelvin is an ex-Gettleman draft choice. It would be a miracle if he even gets through camp IMO.

I mean, we saw the team do a ton of work on Pitts. They definitely wanted him. I think that they realized a few months ago that he wasn't getting out of the top 5, though.

I don't disagree that Benjamin is a very, very long shot to make the team, but that kind of big-bodied, ball-catching skill at TE is something they are looking for clearly.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
It's not really odd when you think about the fact that the Giants were infatuated with Pitts.

Yeah but as @NYSPORTS said, it's definitly a Gettleman based move over his drafting of Benjamin 7-8 years ago.

Hey you never know as maybe there he catches lightning in a bottle but Benjamin as a productive TE in the NFL...I give it the same odds as I do with Tebow....slim and none!

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yeah but as @NYSPORTS said, it's definitly a Gettleman based move over his drafting of Benjamin 7-8 years ago.

Hey you never know as maybe there he catches lightning in a bottle but Benjamin as a productive TE in the NFL...I give it the same odds as I do with Tebow....slim and none!

Oh, I agree with all of this. But I like to see the creativity. Benjamin's speed was very reduced after the ACL issue. So, maybe this works maybe it doesn't. No harm, no foul, though.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
PFF has the Jets as 3rd most improved team heading into the upcoming season. Whether it's true or not that's a pretty nice ranking for the Jets off season that Douglas has had.

Funny but even if Jets are that improved over last year, it still might only resonate to maybe 6-7 wins tops which to be honest I'd take so long as in the games we lost, we were at least competitive and made these superior teams sweat it out.

I'd be lying if I said I'm not as optimistic as I've ever been for a Jet team heading into the summer since probably the 2011 season the year after we lost to the Steelers in the AFC title game.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
·
The NFL and NFLPA have agreed to a $208.2 million salary cap ceiling for 2022, per source.

There is no cap floor as of now. The sides agreed last August to spread the COVID-related revenue shortfall from 2020 over several years, and the cap dropped to $182.5M this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad