OT: 2021 Football Thread: Mock Draft SZN

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Funny, I'm really pumped for the season and tho I think Jets will be much improved, they'll still be lucky to win 5-6 games...lol
all i ask for is competence and hope for the future. a season like the Giants had last year would be amazing for the Jets, as sad as that may be.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
2 firsts for this guy is looking like a total steal. Glad we aren’t dealing with this.

isn’t he an UFA in 2022? Earl Thomas rolled the dice and lost. Now they have a 17 game schedule. I think we’re all tired of hearing from him but he kinda has a case.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah Moses is competing with Fant for the RT spot, loser becoming the swing tackle. It's a really good depth move, though my money is on Moses beating out Fant. I only wish they could have negotiated a second year on the deal.

Reactions: bernmeister

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yeah Moses is competing with Fant for the RT spot, loser becoming the swing tackle. It's a really good depth move, though my money is on Moses beating out Fant. I only wish they could have negotiated a second year on the deal.

No way was he signing a two year deal without significant money. This is a prove-it contract for him. He's looking to get paid. He's 30, so this is his last chance to hit big money.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
No way was he signing a two year deal without significant money. This is a prove-it contract for him. He's looking to get paid. He's 30, so this is his last chance to hit big money.
All the reports up to his signing were that he was discussing a significant multi-year deal. The Jets have the money to have done it. I get what you're saying about a two-year deal specifically being unlikely, but unless everyone was wrong in their reporting multiple years were at least discussed.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
All the reports up to his signing were that he was discussing a significant multi-year deal. The Jets have the money to have done it. I get what you're saying about a two-year deal specifically being unlikely, but unless everyone was wrong in their reporting multiple years were at least discussed.
Probably was discussed but what I'm saying is that unless the Jets were going to commit long term to serious cash, he wasn't going to ink it. I could see you guys re-signing him mid-season, though, for sure.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'm officially concerned that I think the Jets might actually be pretty damn good this year.

OK queue to the 6 upcoming injuries about to occur first week of training camp!...lol

In all seriousness, Jets have the look of a team that tho they might only win 6 games but they are going to be a pain in the ass to have to deal with.

2022 we can compete for a playoff spot but for this year let's be competitive...not asking for much!

Reactions: Barnaby

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I'm officially concerned that I think the Jets might actually be pretty damn good this year.

OK queue to the 6 upcoming injuries about to occur first week of training camp!...lol

In all seriousness, Jets have the look of a team that tho they might only win 6 games but they are going to be a pain in the ass to have to deal with.

2022 we can compete for a playoff spot but for this year let's be competitive...not asking for much!

I think the whole division is better although appears many don’t think so.

Jets rookie QB is tough to figure while we’re not sure what Miami or New England have at QB either. Bills set the physical tempo and the rest follow. I think it’s an exciting division.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I think the whole division is better although appears many don’t think so.

Jets rookie QB is tough to figure while we’re not sure what Miami or New England have at QB either. Bills set the physical tempo and the rest follow. I think it’s an exciting division.

Wilson is all set up to be pretty damn good this year. Not Hebert type good as that would be asking a bit too much. But I could see Wilson being Baker Mayfield his rookie year type good which wasn't too shabby if you recall.

Mayfield had his hiccups that year but he was also pretty impressive most of the time his rookie year. Wilson does something along those lines, that bodes well for the Jets.

Agree with you about the division....the Pats aren't going anywhere and will always be in the playoff picture. The Dolphins will be good again and Tua should be better this year. The Bills obviously are the class of the division which seems odd to say but it's the reality. The Jets slot in right this very second as a team that should be a very competitive 6-7 win tops team and likely to finish last in the AFC East.

But like I said, you make this team nasty to have to play against. Let us give some of these better teams scares along the way and maybe pull off an upset or two, I know myself and most of the fanbase would be more than satisfied with that knowing that with a GM who knows what the F he is doing for a change of pace and a tone of draft capital and money at his disposal, a coach who has the respect of his team, 2022 could and should be the beginning of a solid successful era of footbal finally in Jetland for the first time since Rex Ryan got lap band surgery which is the real reason the Jets went from two AFC title games to shit....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad