Confirmed with Link: 2021 Expansion Draft (Haydn Fleury selected from Anaheim)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Cam's uneven and soft play is incredibly frustrating. But he's a good 3/4, in his prime, and his contract is actually not that bad. A bit of an overpayment and the NMC is problematic. But the contract will look better in 2-3 years when the cap goes up and AAVs do as well.

In terms of age and production, the Silf and Henrique contracts are much worse than Fowler's.
I can agree with that

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think the Ducks may be in the best position with the expansion draft than majority of the teams but Murray could still blow it by overvaluing a turd like he did last time.
I don't see where they will lose much that will impact the team going forward.

Mahura is nowhere near the prospect that Shea Theodore was at the time of the expansion draft.
Ducks will be fine if Seattle picks Fleury, it cost pretty much just a 6th round pick for Fleury because Hakanpaa was pending UFA.
If the Ducks were to protect Henrique + Silf and expose Jones. Jones isn't even as good as Volkov, at least Volkov doesn't have Stone hands.
Jones will probably just be a decent role player if Vegas picks him.

If Seattle picks Volkov i'll be pissed but he was acquired with Morand so that doesn't hurt.
If Seattle picks Heinen, not much of a loss at all. He does nothing offensively.
If Seattle picks Larsson, team should offer to pay for his flight out of Anaheim.
If Seattle picks Shattenkirk, lol.

If Seattle picks Milano. He can't seem to stay healthy and he was acquired by trading Devon Shore for him.
If Seattle picks Stolarz then finding a replacement for Miller is gonna be interesting.
Do they promote Ek or sign a UFA backup ? Miller is like 100.

Reactions: 405Entrance
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I think the Ducks may be in the best position with the expansion draft than majority of the teams but Murray could still blow it by overvaluing a turd like he did last time.
I don't see where they will lose much that will impact the team going forward.

Mahura is nowhere near the prospect that Shea Theodore was at the time of the expansion draft.
Ducks will be fine if Seattle picks Fleury, it cost pretty much just a 6th round pick for Fleury because Hakanpaa was pending UFA.
If the Ducks were to protect Henrique + Silf and expose Jones. Jones isn't even as good as Volkov, at least Volkov doesn't have Stone hands.
Jones will probably just be a decent role player if Vegas picks him.

If Seattle picks Volkov i'll be pissed but he was acquired with Morand so that doesn't hurt.
If Seattle picks Heinen, not much of a loss at all. He does nothing offensively.
If Seattle picks Larsson, team should offer to pay for his flight out of Anaheim.
If Seattle picks Shattenkirk, lol.

If Seattle picks Milano. He can't seem to stay healthy and he was acquired by trading Devon Shore for him.
If Seattle picks Stolarz then finding a replacement for Miller is gonna be interesting.
Do they promote Ek or sign a UFA backup ? Miller is like 100.
From these scenarios I'd be most pissed about losing Stolarz right now. I sense a strong recency bias with these emotions although I honestly think Stolarz is a good goalie. I don't think Heinen is as bad as he's been for the Ducks and in a more normal conditions I think there should've been a taker for him on deadline.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
From these scenarios I'd be most pissed about losing Stolarz right now. I sense a strong recency bias with these emotions although I honestly think Stolarz is a good goalie. I don't think Heinen is as bad as he's been for the Ducks and in a more normal conditions I think there should've been a taker for him on deadline.
True, Stolzarz and Volkov as guys i'd hate to lose.
There is a optimistic way to look at it: if they do lose Fleury it means they got to keep Stolzarz. If they lose Stolarz it means all the D and Forwards were saved.
If they lose Volkov it means Stolarz and Fleury are saved.

Reactions: 405Entrance

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
Same. Stolarz is currently locked in as our #2 next year.

Are there any obvious top goalies that will be exposed, like Fleury -> Vegas?

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Same. Stolarz is currently locked in as our #2 next year.

Are there any obvious top goalies that will be exposed, like Fleury -> Vegas?
There are a ton of UFA options, but of goalies that are under contract, the best options I see are Fleury, Khudobin, Francouz, Quick, Kahkonen/Talbot, Allen, DeSmith, Holtby, Vanecek.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
There are a ton of UFA options, but of goalies that are under contract, the best options I see are Fleury, Khudobin, Francouz, Quick, Kahkonen/Talbot, Allen, DeSmith, Holtby, Vanecek.

Gustavsson in Ottawa can also be sent down without waivers, so if he's available I think he's a safe bet to be picked. I don't think Stolarz is in much danger there.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Can someone clarify how many forwards we can protect if we choose to protect 4 D? Is it 4 or 5?

Im just not seeing anywhere near 7 forwards that are worth protecting. Rakell/Terry/Lundestrom for sure. Maybe Steel?

im beginning to come around to what @The Mighty Duck Man has been saying for a while: Shattenkirk might honestly be Seattle’s best option from us

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Can someone clarify how many forwards we can protect if we choose to protect 4 D? Is it 4 or 5?

Im just not seeing anywhere near 7 forwards that are worth protecting. Rakell/Terry/Lundestrom for sure. Maybe Steel?

im beginning to come around to what @The Mighty Duck Man has been saying for a while: Shattenkirk might honestly be Seattle’s best option from us
it's 7 F, 3 D or 8 skaters if you want to protect 4 D.

Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
it's 7 F, 3 D or 8 skaters if you want to protect 4 D.
Thanks

I’d probably go
Rakell/Terry/Lundestrom/Steel
Fowler/Lindholm/Manson/Fleury
Gibson

in that case. Let them choose between Shattenkirk/Larsson/Volkov/Mahura

I really wonder what Bob will do

Reactions: Paul4587

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
As long as volkov and stolarz aren’t picked I’ll be fine with whoever they pick. I wouldn’t mind silf or shatty or even Henrique picked

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Thanks

I’d probably go
Rakell/Terry/Lundestrom/Steel
Fowler/Lindholm/Manson/Fleury
Gibson

in that case. Let them choose between Shattenkirk/Larsson/Volkov/Mahura

I really wonder what Bob will do
I have to say this is the most baffling of all to me. I at least understand the logic of wanting to trade guys like Silf and Henrique for picks even if I don't agree with it. The desire to lose them for nothing, when they are useful players (including Henrique who's probably going to be our leading goal-scorer next year), their salaries aren't hurting us and they're not blocking anyone from playing, makes no sense to me. To protect Haydn Fleury? Why?

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I have to say this is the most baffling of all to me. I at least understand the logic of wanting to trade guys like Silf and Henrique for picks even if I don't agree with it. The desire to lose them for nothing, when they are useful players (including Henrique who's probably going to be our leading goal-scorer next year), their salaries aren't hurting us and they're not blocking anyone from playing, makes no sense to me. To protect Haydn Fleury? Why?
They waived Henrique, showing they were willing to lose him for nothing. This would be the same thing. I guess shedding salary could be seen as more important than keeping guys who will not be a part of the next competitive Duck team.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Just because we traded for Fleury isn't a guarantee we'll protect him. We traded Pettersson for Sprong and then waived Sprong the next year, and then traded him for Djoos and waived him this year. I don't think Fleury has looked anywhere as good as Djoos did last season and Sprong led us in goals after being acquired so Fleury will have to really impress to be protected imo.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Shedding salary like Henrique or Silf also allows them to take on a salary dump for a 1st round Draft pick type trade.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Because Seattle isn’t taking either of them. Why would you protect a player(s) that isn’t in jeopardy of being taken?

They aren’t going to want to commit to a 3 year deal at big money to guys over 30 whose production has been questionable.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
They waived Henrique, showing they were willing to lose him for nothing. This would be the same thing. I guess shedding salary could be seen as more important than keeping guys who will not be a part of the next competitive Duck team.
It doesn’t have anything to do with shedding their salaries. Both of them are going to be here no matter what for the rest of their contracts unless they are bought out for some reason.

It’s about not wasting a protection spot for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad