Confirmed with Link: 2021 Expansion Draft (Haydn Fleury selected from Anaheim)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Dan Rosen is a senior writer for NHL.com.

He isn't tweeting clickbait. There are no trades. Why would there be handshake deals? What is the benefit to waiting to make any deals instead of now?

Well now it's being reported that they do have trades lined up and will be announced tomorrow. Sounds like hand shake deals were in place but his tweet is technically correct because they didn't officially happen before the draft, even though the deals were in place. Wonder why he tweeted that if he knew deals were in place. Hmm...

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I think you have to tamper down on expectations. 6th rounders hardly ever make the NHL

Manson was a 6th round pick. Max Friberg got a total of 6 NHL games in. RHD Hunter Drew signed an ELC in 2020-21. We took a flyer on an overager in C Albin Sundsvik. We did use a 6th to help land Fleury. Oh, Kase was a 7th round pick.

It just seems like a waste to package a 6th round pick to get a player like Fleury only to be exposed for the XD. I'm just lost with the planning stage because I like Fleury's talent to be able to play a 2nd pairing role and not look out of place because Ducks blueline + Injuries seemingly have been intertwined for the past couple of years.

Anyhow, what's done is done. The planning just doesn't make sense, especially when you see Des being protected. LoL

Reactions: DuckRogers10

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
I can't help but wonder if Seattle took scraps on purpose in order to tank out for the next two seasons and possibly come out with Wright and Bedard / Michkov after that, making them immediate contenders therafter with their humongous cap space to sign top-tier FAs.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Fleury was the expected pick. Good luck to him, gets to play with his brother. I didn't know he had a brother in the NHL.

Looking at Seattle's roster it is clear that they need offence. Defence is fine and some of their forwards are good two-way players. Interesting to see what they do with trades and in free agent market.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Fleury was the expected pick. Good luck to him, gets to play with his brother. I didn't know he had a brother in the NHL.

Looking at Seattle's roster it is clear that they need offence. Defence is fine and some of their forwards are good two-way players. Interesting to see what they do with trades and in free agent market.
They also have Duck Killer Donskoi who always destroyed the Ducks when he was with SJ and Col.

Giordano gives them some protection from goons that will help them.

I look forward to seeing a staged Manson vs Giordano fight with Nirvana playing in the background.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
They also have Duck Killer Donskoi who always destroyed the Ducks when he was with SJ and Col.

Giordano gives them some protection from goons that will help them.

I look forward to seeing a staged Manson vs Giordano fight with Nirvana playing in the background.

How exactly does Giordano protect them from goons? He's been in three fights in the past five years and wouldn't be able to handle any of the leagues heavyweights. Manson has already beat the bricks off him once, doubt he wants another round.

The only way I see him helping to counter goons would be taking them out at the knees.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Seattle was able to get their hands on a fair number of speedy, hard working forwards. I'd really like to see one heading our way via trade, we need more desperation in the lineup.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Seattle was able to get their hands on a fair number of speedy, hard working forwards. I'd really like to see one heading our way via trade, we need more desperation in the lineup.

We could use 10 more honestly. I miss Cogs and Kesler around this lineup

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
How exactly does Giordano protect them from goons? He's been in three fights in the past five years and wouldn't be able to handle any of the leagues heavyweights. Manson has already beat the bricks off him once, doubt he wants another round.

The only way I see him helping to counter goons would be taking them out at the knees.

Gio doesn't need to use his hands to take care of players when he's got those knees of his....

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

Yeah I was also thinking that a guy like Giordano is more of a goon attractor rather than a deterrent, given his habits of going for the knees...

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad