Confirmed with Link: 2021 Expansion Draft (Haydn Fleury selected from Anaheim)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
What’s the price everyone is comfortable with getting rid of either Henrique, Silfverberg, & Shattenkirk? I’d be upset if it’s anything higher than a 3rd round pick, but even a 3rd seems a little rich.
Henrique was waived and Silf is out 6 months, it will likely take more than a 3rd for both of them to be picked. With Shattenkirk, I think there is a possibility he gets chosen without incentive, given his reputation and the fact his contract isn't too ridiculous.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Was thinking about this last night, I was wondering, with Adam Henrique. He has been able to play the last couple of games since being out of Covid Protocol, but has been healthy scratched. The team has looked much better and giving a lot of effort even in the games they lost. I am wondering, will Bob make a deal with Seattle to take Henrique. I have this feeling after being waived it obviously has not sit well with him, and maybe he is now on borrowed time playing on this team, and if they cannot trade him, Bob may send an asset to Seattle for them to pick Henrique. They are going to need to hit their cap floor. So, makes sense. Any thoughts?
No more deals to take guys.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
What’s the price everyone is comfortable with getting rid of either Henrique, Silfverberg, & Shattenkirk? I’d be upset if it’s anything higher than a 3rd round pick, but even a 3rd seems a little rich.
Honestly I don't see other teams being much interested in them. 3rd round pick doesn't move the needle much, so we are stuck with them for 3 more years (2 for Shatty).

Reactions: Deuce22

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
We could possibly swap picks with Seattle if our pick is higher to get them to take a plug

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I don't know why everyone is making this a big deal, we are in such a good position for this expansion draft and anyone we lose can be replaced very easily. Atleast we aren't going to lose Theodore.

Reactions: Vipers31
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
We could possibly swap picks with Seattle if our pick is higher to get them to take a plug

I thought about that too, it's an interesting idea depending on how they feel about the class. Really takes a lot for it to make sense for both, though. A smaller deal like Vegas made with Carolina and Buffalo makes sense too IMO.

Fleury really changed the dynamic here, I think he gets protected at this point but now Seattle has options where before I thought they were pretty boxed in. Be interesting to see how cheeky we and other teams get.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I thought about that too, it's an interesting idea depending on how they feel about the class. Really takes a lot for it to make sense for both, though. A smaller deal like Vegas made with Carolina and Buffalo makes sense too IMO.

Fleury really changed the dynamic here, I think he gets protected at this point but now Seattle has options where before I thought they were pretty boxed in. Be interesting to see how cheeky we and other teams get.

Also depends a lot on how seattle evaluates our young forwards. I'm still more comfortable exposing manson, as controversial as that may be.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Why are we trying to trade assets to get rid of dead weight that expires after next season again? Are we planning on going for a cup run?

Reactions: gunnergunther
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Also depends a lot on how seattle evaluates our young forwards. I'm still more comfortable exposing manson, as controversial as that may be.

Yeah, it's impossible for us to say. I've seen The Athletic beat writer for them have mocks where they took Volkov from both Tampa at the time and us now. Maybe some inside info or just a writer who thinks really highly of him for some reason?

I'd never want to expose Manson because that's such an easy pick for them. No matter what they're thinking financially they could just sell him off immediately if they wanted. On the other hand I really don't think they'd take Fowler but I'm unsure I'd want to risk it.

Reactions: Static

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Yeah, it's impossible for us to say. I've seen The Athletic beat writer for them have mocks where they took Volkov from both Tampa at the time and us now. Maybe some inside info or just a writer who thinks really highly of him for some reason?

I'd never want to expose Manson because that's such an easy pick for them. No matter what they're thinking financially they could just sell him off immediately if they wanted. On the other hand I really don't think they'd take Fowler but I'm unsure I'd want to risk it.
I think manson will be moved beforehand anyway, so it's probably a moot point.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I think Manson will be extended. We need toughness in the back end its not secret.

Lindholm Fowler
Fleury Drysdale
Someone Manson

Reactions: Kalv

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Then we need to pick Jones, Steel or Volkov. I think Steel is the most valuable so he should be protected. Jones is a 3rd liner at best and Volkov is decent but replaceable.

I disagree, Jones can be a complimentary 2nd line winger who does the dirty work, makes space for skilled linemates, and chips goals in. I don’t know why people are suddenly calling Steel valuable again, seems like most around here had soured on him this season.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I disagree, Jones can be a complimentary 2nd line winger who does the dirty work, makes space for skilled linemates, and chips goals in. I don’t know why people are suddenly calling Steel valuable again, seems like most around here had soured on him this season.
Jones should never be a 2nd liner. His hockey sense is amongst the lowest on the team, chicken with his head cut off syndrome. We do need players like him obviously but I hope he is never in a 2nd line role.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Power forwards are more rare than undersized centers.
You don't need to argue with me about Steel lol he is what he is. I think any team would be happy to be in our position during this expansion draft the choices of losing a player: Steel or Jones.

Reactions: McDonald19

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I'll reiterate that I still think we're in a trade market for the fourth protected forward. A Deslauriers trade seems way too cut-and-dry to not be done at the deadline; the fact that Friedman was so off on his info that he deleted the tweet and that there were conversations on a bigger deal but the trade fell through has me speculating that we were talking with Pittsburgh about a potential offseason trade for one of their forwards (Kapanen? Jared McCann? Possibly Bryan Rust, even though his age doesn't really match with the window?)

Pittsburgh is probably not the best example because in a perfect world, I would imagine they'd want to protect all three of Dumoulin, Pettersson and Marino and they have close to 7 forwards they'll want to protect, so they'll have to trade some assets to protect all three of those guys. But I think Bob will be sniffing around some teams who will have some issues with protecting a ton of forwards (or at least I hope he will be doing his due diligence).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad