Prospect Info: 2021 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Kent Johnson and Dylan Guenther have to be our top targets. I don’t want us to use our 1st round pick on a D-men but if we get another 1st perhaps later in the draft I’d go with Scott Morrow.

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Kent Johnson and Dylan Guenther have to be our top targets. I don’t want us to use our 1st round pick on a D-men but if we get another 1st perhaps later in the draft I’d go with Scott Morrow.
Unless our pick happens to be where Clarke is available I agree; we would have to consider him.... I think we have enough LHDs for the time being.
A stud RD would not be the worst thing; but he'd likely be a top 3-4 pick and chances of our pick being up and that he is available are slim.
This draft has several quality LHDs likely to go in the 1st 2 rounds and a couple studs in the top 10. Who knows maybe we trade up for another one.

Up front
Johnson and Guenther look like they'd be nice to add to the Sens lineup.
Chaz Lucius Fabian Lysell don't look to shabby either

cj19

Jul 21, 2016
I think you have to draft Owen Power if he his available with the Sens pick. Not taking the big smooth skating Chris Pronger was a big mistake which I hope the Sens do not repeat by not drafting Power. Also Ottawa made another mistake by not keeping Chara another big D-man which altered their future negatively. When you have a chance to draft a talented big D I think you have to draft him and figure out left side right side later.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Unless our pick happens to be where Clarke is available I agree; we would have to consider him.... I think we have enough LHDs for the time being.
A stud RD would not be the worst thing; but he'd likely be a top 3-4 pick and chances of our pick being up and that he is available are slim.
This draft has several quality LHDs likely to go in the 1st 2 rounds and a couple studs in the top 10. Who knows maybe we trade up for another one.

Up front
Johnson and Guenther look like they'd be nice to add to the Sens lineup.
Chaz Lucius Fabian Lysell don't look to shabby either

Those 3 would set us up well. I personally don't want another D-men

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Gonna bump this up a bit. Still think Kent Johnson and Dylan Guenther should be our #1 targets. I think this is the last year we will be a bottom 5 team though. I think we may snag Scott Morrow jurist for the UND connection.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I watched a bunch more tape from 2019 U17s, 2020 5N-U17s, and some SHL and KHL games from early this season. I'll call this my pre-season rankings. Emphasis went, as much as possible, to players I've had multiple viewings of.

1. Brandt Clarke - An all-round phenom reminiscent of a young Drew Doughty or Josh Morrissey.

2. Carson Lambos - Some question marks about decision-making, but massive offensive upside. Best attribute is his skating.

3. Kent Johnson - The most dynamic offensive player of the class from what I've seen so far.

4. Cole Sillinger - Probably never going to be an offensive juggernaut, but has all the tools of an elite two-way center. Best attributes are his shot and defensive stick.

5. Luke Hughes - Some high end skills and decent size. Seems to find ways to create offense for his team without putting himself at risk defensively.

6. Aatu Räty - Barkov, Laine, Kakko, Kotkaniemi, and many others had much better 17-year-old seasons. Now in his 18-year-old season and he's still not a Liiga regular. Starting to think the hype was exaggerated.

7. Owen Power - I still haven't really seen him play so can't say much, but seems like he could be a force.

8. Simon Edvinsson - 6'4, great skater, highly skilled. Big question marks on the defensive side.

9. Matthew Beniers - Was the most dynamic player on the U18 NTDP team when he was on his game. Not as consistent as Smilanic or Bordeleau.

10. Dylan Guenther - Has all the tools of a first line power forward. Best attributes are skating and shot.

11. Fyodor Svechkov - Not the most dynamic, but one of the cleverest and most skilled offensive players in the class. Best attributes are offensive instincts and hands in tight.

12. William Eklund - Prior to last game, he played 17+ minutes in three consecutive. Part of one of the best lines in SHL right now with Alex Holtz and former first rounder Jacob Josefsson.

13. Chaz Lucius - Smart, skilled, creative. More cerebral than dynamic.

14. Simon Robertsson - Sturdy kid with NHL size. Shows some good skills, but mainly he's a responsible, pro-translatable player.

15. Corson Ceulemans - Highly skilled offensive defenseman with NHL size.

16. Jesper Wallstedt - Looks like the real deal. Can he go higher than Askarov?

17. Daniil Lazutin - Bit of a power game mixed with some pretty good skills. Best attribute is creating offense around the net.

18. Zachary Bolduc - QMJHL rookie of the year has NHL size.

19. Fabian Lysell - One of the most purely skilled and dynamic players of the class, but I'm still weary about his pro translatability.

20. Artyom Grushnikov - Smart, responsible puck-moving defenseman. Best attribute is his first pass.

21. Mason McTavish - A bull on the ice at the junior level. Can he continue to impose his will physically at higher levels?

22. Samu Salminen - Probably not gonna be an offensive dynamo in the NHL, but his 19 in 11 so far this year is the fifth highest points per game ever by a U18 in Finland's junior league behind only Pulkkinen, Selanne, Terravainen and Mikko Koivu. Plus he has an NHL frame.

23. Sasha Pastujov - He could quite possibly supplant Lucius as the top draft-eligible forward for NTDP. He's more purely skilled I would say. Just not entirely sold on his hockey IQ yet.

24. Vsevolod Gaidamak - Good skills, but his hockey sense, vision and creativity are his bread and butter.

25. Brennan Othmann - The one OHL forward who really stood out at U17s, besides Wright.

26. Atte Lehikoinen - I'm captivated by his defensive ability. At 5N-U17s he was out every shifts against Russia's top line of Yurov-Gaidamak-Svechkov and he handled them well. Also seems like there could be offensive upside hiding behind his responsible shutdown game.

27. Isaac Belliveau - Haven't seen him play much, but the numbers are pretty impressive for a 17 year old rookie.

28. Oskar Olausson - Another late birthday Swedish forward emerging as a regular pro.

29. Daniil Chayka - Keeps things simple, pretty good size and skills.

30. Stanislav Svozil - He's been an Extraliga regular for more than a year now already. Looks like he's ranged somwhere between 14-18 mins in his past few games

31. Zachary L'Heureux

32. Prokhor Poltapov - Highly skilled, but he's looked much better in Europe than in the tight spaces of North American ice.

definitely an underwhelming year for elite forward prospects aside form Johnson. At this point i would easily take one of the defenseman's over the best forward prospects. even taking into account having just drafted Sanderson and the massive need for top line forwards.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Here's the guys I'm hoping with the Sens 1st round pick :

Luke Hughes
Colton Dach
Sasha Pastujov
Matthew Knies
Cameron Whynot
Matthew Samoskevich

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Our potential blueline will be insane if a defenseman ends up being BPA for our pick next year.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

This is nonsense. Simply an example of a performative measure, that in reality, will have zero impact. "Look, we're doing something, even though it's not backed up by any science and makes no logical sense." But politicians can get up and talk about the measures they're implementing.

If it's safe to play hockey, play.
If it's not safe to play hockey, don't play.

But this? Really?

So guys can sit shoulder to shoulder on the bench (how many times a game do you think someone spits on the bench?), get dressed in a confined locker room, and travel by bus... but they can't hit?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This is nonsense. Simply an example of a performative measure, that in reality, will have zero impact. "Look, we're doing something, even though it's not backed up by any science and makes no logical sense." But politicians can get up and talk about the measures they're implementing.

If it's safe to play hockey, play.
If it's not safe to play hockey, don't play.

But this? Really?

So guys can sit shoulder to shoulder on the bench (how many times a game do you think someone spits on the bench?), get dressed in a confined locker room, and travel by bus... but they can't hit?

I'm guessing pinning someone along the boards is still ok...

I'm right there with you on this one. No sense that I can see as to why they thought this would help.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I'm guessing pinning someone along the boards is still ok...

I'd guess so, unless they're only expecting stick checks. What about boxing a guy out in front of the net? Or lining up face to face on a draw?

There's just no logic to it. Either none of that is safe, and there should be no junior hockey, or it's not a big risk, and they should play.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Chaz Lucius is the big name forward coming out of the USNTDP, but the handful of times I’ve watched him he was outplayed by Sasha Pastujov. Could have just been some down games from Lucius (not that he looked bad), but I’m gonna keep a close eye on Pastujov this season.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I'd not skip on Kent Johnson as he was almost 2 points per game player in the BCHL.

You didn't get my post... I mentionned guys that are seen picked around 31st in mock drafts... lol

Chaz Lucius is the big name forward coming out of the USNTDP, but the handful of times I’ve watched him he was outplayed by Sasha Pastujov. Could have just been some down games from Lucius (not that he looked bad), but I’m gonna keep a close eye on Pastujov this season.

Chez Lucius is an excellent restaurant by the way

lucius-the-oyster-menu.jpg

Last edited:

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Therer's no way I could ever support someone named Chaz on this team. Even Carson is on the limit.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad