WC: 2021 Czech Republic Roster Talk

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I am actually quite surprised we have got 6 NHL players this year. I expected like 2-3. It would be completely understandable after the months they spent in the bubble. It believe this is also the case why so many players declined to play in this tournament (Canadians, US, Swedes...). They must be mentally exhausted and want to spend time with their families. I am a big fan of international hockey but this year, I understand them completely. I am looking forward to the games though. May be fun to watch some top prospects for Canada and US, and overall, many player would be there who may take this as their opportunity to show up. The games may be not so mature in terms of skill, but I expect them to be very fast and physical.
I would've said no.lol

This tourney is shaping into a big 7... Swiss have some very nice pieces, we have some very nice pieces and then the big 5 are always good. Eg. Canada has an all NHL team save for 4 guys... the next first overall and Cole Perfetti are 2 of them.

I'm not saying we'll win it or medal.. but our chances are as good as they've been for awhile to do well. We are in a pool of death as well which might help in crossover for quarters.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm really not sure how that made it to back of the net? Swede kick it? Of Czech defender?

In either case... PP coming up! Let's tie this!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm sorry but can someone explain to me how Michael Spacek is not an NHL player? He's running a powerplay with NHLers and fits in 100 percent! Is it footspeed? Does he have a shit attitude?

Zadina with a second goal... do not cut him for Gulas!

Reactions: czechmate

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I'm sorry but can someone explain to me how Michael Spacek is not an NHL player? He's running a powerplay with NHLers and fits in 100 percent! Is it footspeed? Does he have a shit attitude?

Zadina with a second goal... do not cut him for Gulas!

During the whole game I've been wondring the same. He has been fantastic!

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Spacek with a beauty setup... the better the players, the better he looks. He's a perfect complimentary player!

I think the Extraliga line sticks.. lenc, Stransky and Spacek.

I was in shock to see Sustr out for 3 on 3.lol

Flek had some momentum going too.

There are some tough cuts coming up very soon.

We look good... I can't see Vrana, Chytil or Kubalik hurting us!

Now look into Simek and get him to Latvia!

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
3-2 in OT for Czechs! Zadina 2 goals, Hronek and Špaček 2 assist, what's more to wish. Especially Špaček assist was beautiful. I Agree with Czechboy, he should play in NHL right now.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Also our eight win in row. Only Russia remain and we are 100% if we beat them.
And we cemented our 2nd place in EHT.

Last edited:

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Filip Hronek is really an absolute top class D, he was shoulders above the rest of the D's tonight. And Michael Špaček... I am a bit wondering why he never made a career in the NHL. He is fast, creative, confident on the puck. Overall, this year the Czech team has giant chance to take one of the medals. With all the teams being affected by the COVID-19 situation, which resulted into this whole strange season, bubbles, players being really tired of it and wanting to take some family holiday etc., the Czech team looks to me as the last affected of the traditional top 7 together with Switzerland. For example US is looking really like they struggled to even put a roster together and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make it to the QF. Canada looks a bit better but still, their roster can't compare to those from previous couple of years. Sweden will rely mainly on European players plus a few NA additions as well. Finland the same. Russia looks relatively good chiefly because they have comparably a lot of really very good players in their KHL. I see Russia as perhaps the biggest favourite, and then CZE, FIN, SWE, CAN, SUI are all looking pretty equal. US looks significatly weaker to me this exceptional year, and other teams are really different tiers.

Of course this tournament is going to be somehow less relevant when it comes to real hockey potential of the competing countries because this COVID season has really been strange from the beginning to the end. But at least some decent international hockey after the cancellation last year.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
I am really looking forward to this team. TOP 6 around Kovář, Špaček, Zadina, Kubalík, Vrána and Chytil should be fun to watch.

Also sorry for the Twitter vids, I thought they are smaller and won't be on half a page :D But it's worth it.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Any word on the likes of Hertl, Voracek, Faksa or Zacha coming over yet?

None of them is coming. Voráček said he wants to be with his family (probably like many other players from other countries), Faksa, Zacha perhaps prefer to have holiday as well (completely understand this), Hertl doesn't want to risk an injury as his health has been fragile in the last couple of years.

Reactions: czechmate

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
None of them is coming. Voráček said he wants to be with his family (probably like many other players from other countries), Faksa, Zacha perhaps prefer to have holiday as well (completely understand this), Hertl doesn't want to risk an injury as his health has been fragile in the last couple of years.

Ah, my bad. Thanks for the update. I don't think we will have many more reinforcements from the NHL in that case.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Ah, my bad. Thanks for the update. I don't think we will have many more reinforcements from the NHL in that case.

I think the team is complete now. The only question is, who will be cut. But the core of the team is clear. The NHL guys are: Chytil, Hájek, Hronek, Kubalík, Vrána, Zadina. I think 6 guys is not bad at all considering the specifics of this year's situation. We will probably have approximately the same number of NHL guys as Sweden and Russia and perhaps slightly more than the Finns.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Kubalík and Vrána are the only remaining players to join from NHL (together with Hronek, Hájek, Chytil and Zadina who are already with the team) + small chance for Šimek maybe. Then Klok from Europe and no one else.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Kubalík and Vrána are the only remaining players to join from NHL (together with Hronek, Hájek, Chytil and Zadina who are already with the team) + small chance for Šimek maybe. Then Klok from Europe and no one else.

Jan Kovář from Europe. He was already skating with the team today but did not play against Sweden yet. I believe he may be named the team's captain.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
He definitely deserve it, I don't think he ever rejected national team. So if he is named, then it's good choice in my eyes.

I was not completely sure if he accepts since as far as I know, he used to have some bad personal conflicts with Martin Straka back then in Plzeň, when Straka was the captain and Kovář was a young talent. And Straka is the assistant coach now. But apparently they both left that behind which is only good of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad