WC: 2021 Czech Republic Roster Talk

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Jordán didn't look good to me, don't think he makes the final team - we have so many LD to choose from. Only two RD though (Hronek, Šustr)...
I feel so bad when we cut Jordan... He always shows up and clearly loves being on national team. I have no idea who they keep on D. I don't see that big a difference between the guys.

Reactions: Maluk11

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
I feel so bad when we cut Jordan... He always shows up and clearly loves being on national team. I have no idea who they keep on D. I don't see that big a difference between the guys.

I don't question his effort or enthusiasm, he's a great guy (love his haircut btw). But he just hasn't been good - bad movement, static play on the blue line, some bad clearing attempts. I think Musil and Moravcik are the better choices as stay-at-home guys. Then you have Sulak, Galvas, Sklenicka ... Klok coming in from Liiga. Then Hajek and potentially Simek. All of them LD.I don't think MJ makes it in this competition but who knows.

Reactions: Czechboy

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Man, it's kinda sad how few players we have in the NHL these days :( There really isn't much to choose from.

I really don't have any expectations from this team, so I hope they can surprise me :)
If I put together the best Czech team on paper, it's still pretty good!

Palat-Hertl-Pastrnak
Vrana-Krejci-Voracek
Kubalik-Zacha-Necas
Chytil-Faksa-Kase
Zadina

Kempny-Hronek
Simek-Gudas
Zboril-Ruuta
Hajek

Mrazek
Vanacek
Francouz

Leaves off: Kampf, Nosek, Rittich, Frolik, Simon

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Palat-Hertl-Pastrnak
Vrana-Krejci-Voracek
Kubalik-Zacha-Necas
Chytil-Faksa-Kase
Zadina

Kempny-Hronek
Simek-Gudas
Zboril-Ruuta
Hajek

Mrazek
Vanacek
Francouz

We've definitely fallen off and it's clearly a big 5.. no argument.

However, our World's team is shaping up quite nice and our best on best squad looks good for next 2 Olympics...

Eg. 2026 has a nice crop as well... we'd lose some key guys but have some good ones coming up and, in theory, should have an all NHL squad then too. Mind you, the German squad should be quite good in 2026 as well and I don't see any of the big 5 slipping anytime soon (like we did).

It's the draft that is the problem.. 5 to 10 guys a draft and maybe 2 make the NHL. Eg. I don't think many Czechs are being taken at this upcoming draft. I can't imagine the U18 helped that cause in anyway at all. We need a few bumper crops.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Vrana didn't travel with his teammates? Or is he not coming? I though I saw that he had accepted before
Hronek and Zadina play tomorrow
Hajek and Chytil arrive Thursday
Kubalik and Vrana are coming around the weekend (not necessarily together)
Simek is a big question mark which is unfortunate as we could use him!
Kampf was hurt and isnt coming.

I think that's it for NHLers.... could be wrong though.

Reactions: smitty10

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010

Palat-Hertl-Pastrnak
Vrana-Krejci-Voracek
Kubalik-Zacha-Necas
Chytil-Faksa-Kase
Zadina

Kempny-Hronek
Simek-Gudas
Zboril-Ruuta
Hajek

Mrazek
Vanacek
Francouz

I always liked your optimism! :)

It's not bad. The defence and goaltending are a bit weak, but the forward group is pretty nice...

Reactions: smitty10

JustSomeGuyCZ

Apr 24, 2021
Projected lineup for a match against Sweden:
Hrubec
Kvaca

Sklenicka Hronek
Hajek Moravcik
Galvas Sustr
Masin

Stransky Spacek Lenc
Zohorna Zohorna Zadina
Sekac Stransky Cerveny
Smejkal Musil Flek
Blumel

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Hrubec
Kvaca

Sklenicka Hronek
Hajek Moravcik
Galvas Sustr
Masin

Stransky Spacek Lenc
Zohorna Zohorna Zadina
Sekac Stransky Cerveny
Smejkal Musil Flek
Blumel
Hronek, Hájek and Zadina in lineup! I'm looking forward to see them play.

Reactions: Goodman68

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Hi guys,

Tomasek and Jordan are out. Feel sorry for them, because both of them I recognize as a good guys and patriots. But it is a fair cut I think.

For me it is surprise that Sklenicka is still in..
And I feel sorry for Jordán too. Little surprised about Tomášek, thought he played good. But there is not space for everyone.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I don't question his effort or enthusiasm, he's a great guy (love his haircut btw). But he just hasn't been good - bad movement, static play on the blue line, some bad clearing attempts. I think Musil and Moravcik are the better choices as stay-at-home guys. Then you have Sulak, Galvas, Sklenicka ... Klok coming in from Liiga. Then Hajek and potentially Simek. All of them LD.I don't think MJ makes it in this competition but who knows.
You were right! Poor guy got cut today!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Hi guys,

Tomasek and Jordan are out. Feel sorry for them, because both of them I recognize as a good guys and patriots. But it is a fair cut I think.

For me it is surprise that Sklenicka is still in..
The coaches LOVE Sklenicka and Moravcik! Just love them. I don't really see it personally and if both were cut I wouldn't even flinch. One of them ended up in the ECHL and the other didn't come close to leaving the AHL. However, they are elite in our coaches eyes.

It's not that I have something against them but I'm not sure I see the fascination either.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Hronek, Hájek and Zadina in lineup! I'm looking forward to see them play.
Canada is a little different right now... if someone flew in from Detroit or New York here we'd put them in quarantine for a long time.lol These guys are flying in and playing right away. Very different measures in place!

Happy all 3 are in!

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Canada is a little different right now... if someone flew in from Detroit or New York here we'd put them in quarantine for a long time.lol These guys are flying in and playing right away. Very different measures in place!

Happy all 3 are in!
Moravčík is lock:popcorn:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Hrubec
Kvaca

Sklenicka Hronek
Hajek Moravcik
Galvas Sustr
Masin

Stransky Spacek Lenc
Zohorna Zohorna Zadina
Sekac Stransky Cerveny
Smejkal Musil Flek
Blumel
For Czech standards... that is a damn good D. 2 NHL players, a former NHL player and 2 potential NHL players (Masin and Galvas).

That extraliga line seems to be a lock - Stransky, Spacek and Lenc.

Zadina with both Zohorna's could be beautiful as his 200 foot game is very underrated.. dude has a great backcheck and Zohorna's don't quit.

Hrubec in net too!

Only thing I don't like is that Masin and Blumel are on outside looking in.. cheering for both guys to make it!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
0-0

Yearly gripe for me.. why can't Czech TV have more content in intermissions?

You get the 3 guys and they talk for maybe 4 minutes.. the other 16 is the same video packages over and over.

Reactions: Voodoozz

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I am actually quite surprised we have got 6 NHL players this year. I expected like 2-3. It would be completely understandable after the months they spent in the bubble. It believe this is also the case why so many players declined to play in this tournament (Canadians, US, Swedes...). They must be mentally exhausted and want to spend time with their families. I am a big fan of international hockey but this year, I understand them completely. I am looking forward to the games though. May be fun to watch some top prospects for Canada and US, and overall, many player would be there who may take this as their opportunity to show up. The games may be not so mature in terms of skill, but I expect them to be very fast and physical.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad