2021 Coyotes Roster Discussion Pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
So a Habs fan posted a trade proposal (on another site) a couple b prospects and a 1,2,3 and 4 round picks (spread over 3 years) for Chychrun.

I said way too much stuff, not enough high end. Said start with Suzuki. OP laughed and stated not a single GM in the league would trade Nik Suzuki 1 for 1 for Jakob Chychrun. In their mind Suzuki is a "65 - 75" point C.

Chychrun is obviously not on the market. Curious what you think Montreal would have to pay?
I can see why they think Suzuki is worth so much.....they thought Drouin was worth a number 1 D!!!!!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Here’s a few that this forum will HATE but I like a lot!

Trades:
1. Keller for Domi & Foudy
2. OEL for Lauzon & DeBrusk
3. Kuemper for Ristolainen

UFA:
1. A. Larsson 4yrs, 5aav
2. Oleksiak: 4yrs, 3.5aav
3. Goligoski: 1yr, 2.5mil
4. Bunting: 2yrs, 3mil, 1.5aav
5. Gabriel: 2yrs, 3mil, 1.5aav

Coaches: MVR, Stillman & McKee

Domi-Dvorak-Garland
DeBrusk-Schmaltz-Kessel
Bunting-Hayton/Foudy-Pitlick
Crouse-J.Larsson-Gabriel/
/Hayton/Foudy

Chychrun-A.Larsson
Lauzon-Ristolainen
Oleksiak-Goligoski
Provolnev-Soderstrom

Hill
UFA

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
No one is untouchable but getting Chychrun for less than a top 10 1C would be a steal. Chychrun should never be traded for multiple players/ picks, only for one primo player.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

Trades:

UFA:
1. A. Larsson 4yrs, 5aav

Domi-Dvorak-Garland
DeBrusk-Schmaltz-Kessel
/Hayton/Foudy

Chychrun-A.Larsson
Lauzon-Ristolainen
Oleksiak-Goligoski
Provolnev-Soderstrom

Hill
UFA

Usually I'm pretty on board with most of your theoretical lineups, but my goodness... this one looks dire as hell.

Reactions: Kaizen and Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
No one is untouchable but getting Chychrun for less than a top 10 1C would be a steal. Chychrun should never be traded for multiple players/ picks, only for one primo player.
These posts amuse me. Say Carolina calls and offers Aho straight up. What say you? Barzal? Etc

Reactions: Kaizen

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016

Trades:

UFA:
1. A. Larsson 4yrs, 5aav

Domi-Dvorak-Garland
DeBrusk-Schmaltz-Kessel
/Hayton/Foudy

Chychrun-A.Larsson
Lauzon-Ristolainen
Oleksiak-Goligoski
Provolnev-Soderstrom

Hill
UFA
I just don't understand the interest in Lauzon and DeBrusk at all. Lauzon will be 24 in a week and isn't a clear top 4damn. DeBrusk had top 6 potential but looks to be settling into a 3rd line role. No interest in OEL for two 3rd liners who have limited top 4/top 6 potential.

Also not interested in Risto, he's UFA after next season. He's also more expensive than Kuemper. I'd rather have a 2nd and 3rd for Kuemper

I think that team is worse than what we have now. Potential to be bottom 3 in the league...

Reactions: Jakey53

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021

Trades:

UFA:
1. A. Larsson 4yrs, 5aav

Domi-Dvorak-Garland
DeBrusk-Schmaltz-Kessel
/Hayton/Foudy

Chychrun-A.Larsson
Lauzon-Ristolainen
Oleksiak-Goligoski
Provolnev-Soderstrom

Hill
UFA
It’s too early to mix drugs and alcohol!

rt

May 13, 2004
I just don't understand the interest in Lauzon and DeBrusk at all. Lauzon will be 24 in a week and isn't a clear top 4damn. DeBrusk had top 6 potential but looks to be settling into a 3rd line role. No interest in OEL for two 3rd liners who have limited top 4/top 6 potential.

Also not interested in Risto, he's UFA after next season. He's also more expensive than Kuemper. I'd rather have a 2nd and 3rd for Kuemper

I think that team is worse than what we have now. Potential to be bottom 3 in the league...
I don’t care too much about DeBrusk. Just a reclamation project. He’s basically the same as taking a talented little winger late in the 1st round. Most likely he doesn’t amount to much. But with DeBrusk you’ll find out within a season or two what you’ve got. Could be Duclair or could be Garland. Toss a coin.

I do like that when DeBrusk is playing well, he’s got some spunk to his game. A little swagger. Will got to the net and mix it up a little. Not exactly as much as Garland, but a hell of a lot more than Keller could ever dream of. So if he did get his shit together, here, he’d make us tougher to play against.

I have to disagree strongly on Lauzon. Top penalty killer, fantastic defensively, plays both sides, is 6’3 and can skate really well, mean as a viper and spits venom. He’d be the toughest player on this team by a long shot.

He been a great partner for Charlie McAvoy. I’d probably trade OEL for him straight up. And I think he’d make a pretty ideal partner for Chychrun on our 1st pair. If he was on our team today, he’d easily be my 3rd favorite player after Chychrun and Garland. Easy.

Ristolainen is only 26. He’s 6’4 or 6’5 and usually among the league leaders in Hits/60 by defenseman (I think he’s around 20th, or so, in this category if you look at the last three seasons combined and filter out part time players).

He also skates really well and can contribute to a PP. He gives us a right-handed option from the point on the PP, to go along with Chychrun who’s a LD. Ristolainen had cooled it way down on the blunders and bone headednes. There’s still plenty. Too much. But it’s not like before. He’s rounding out.

Sure he’s UFA. But this will seem like a paradise compared to Buffalo. And he’s only 26. If we like him enough, I’m betting we can keep him. I have ZERO interest in re-signing Kuemper. None.

That lineup is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the one we have. Way bigger, way tougher, way younger, way better defensively. That blueline is a complete brick wall.

Keller is a complete p***y. OEL sleepwalks. Gabriel, Domi and Foudy are rambunctious as f***. DeBrusk can be at times. Adam Larsson is a brick shit house and hits as much as any D in the league. Oleksiak is a 6’7 monster and isn’t afraid to use his size. Jeremy Lauzon is a f***ing axe murderer and even Ristolainen is big, strong, and unafraid to make forwards pay a price.

If our current team played this team 8 times as division rivals, the team I put together would humiliate our current team in each game and win 7 of them. Especially considering Tocchet would be running the one squad.

rt

May 13, 2004
To me it doesn't make sense to trade a potential first-liner (Keller) for two likely third-liners. If this was a full 82 game season for instance, Domi would be on pace for 35 points.
Fair. But if Keller is a 60-65pt player, I really can’t imagine a 60-65pt player I could possibly like less. Lol.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
These posts amuse me. Say Carolina calls and offers Aho straight up. What say you? Barzal? Etc
Glad you’re amused. Are not Barzal and Aho in the top 10 for their positions in the league? No? Then no. Nuh uh, no way.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I don’t care too much about DeBrusk. Just a reclamation project. He’s basically the same as taking a talented little winger late in the 1st round. Most likely he doesn’t amount to much. But with DeBrusk you’ll find out within a season or two what you’ve got. Could be Duclair or could be Garland. Toss a coin.

I do like that when DeBrusk is playing well, he’s got some spunk to his game. A little swagger. Will got to the net and mix it up a little. Not exactly as much as Garland, but a hell of a lot more than Keller could ever dream of. So if he did get his shit together, here, he’d make us tougher to play against.

I have to disagree strongly on Lauzon. Top penalty killer, fantastic defensively, plays both sides, is 6’3 and can skate really well, mean as a viper and spits venom. He’d be the toughest player on this team by a long shot.

He been a great partner for Charlie McAvoy. I’d probably trade OEL for him straight up. And I think he’d make a pretty ideal partner for Chychrun on our 1st pair. If he was on our team today, he’d easily be my 3rd favorite player after Chychrun and Garland. Easy.

Ristolainen is only 26. He’s 6’4 or 6’5 and usually among the league leaders in Hits/60 by defenseman (I think he’s around 20th, or so, in this category if you look at the last three seasons combined and filter out part time players).

He also skates really well and can contribute to a PP. He gives us a right-handed option from the point on the PP, to go along with Chychrun who’s a LD. Ristolainen had cooled it way down on the blunders and bone headednes. There’s still plenty. Too much. But it’s not like before. He’s rounding out.

Sure he’s UFA. But this will seem like a paradise compared to Buffalo. And he’s only 26. If we like him enough, I’m betting we can keep him. I have ZERO interest in re-signing Kuemper. None.

That lineup is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the one we have. Way bigger, way tougher, way younger, way better defensively. That blueline is a complete brick wall.

Keller is a complete p***y. OEL sleepwalks. Gabriel, Domi and Foudy are rambunctious as f***. DeBrusk can be at times. Adam Larsson is a brick shit house and hits as much as any D in the league. Oleksiak is a 6’7 monster and isn’t afraid to use his size. Jeremy Lauzon is a f***ing axe murderer and even Ristolainen is big, strong, and unafraid to make forwards pay a price.

If our current team played this team 8 times as division rivals, the team I put together would humiliate our current team in each game and win 7 of them. Especially considering Tocchet would be running the one squad.
I think the likelihood of DeBrusk becoming a consistent 50+ point player is slim. If he can't do it in Boston, sheltered behind that top line I don't see him doing it elsewhere. He's also had some chances on the top line when there have been injuries and didn't produce. Sure I'd like him on our 3rd line but not as a main chip in an OEL trade.

Lauzon seems more like a complementary player. Although it's been hard to get a read on the Bruins D this year with so many injuries... In previous seasons he was occasionally scratched. I'd be surprised if he's made a jump from 6/7D to top pairing in one season. I want something better for OEL. At least toss in a 1st.

I like Risto, but not if he walks. It isn't an issue of keeping Kuemper or not, it's that I don't like the return. I want something for the future or keep him. Not good asset management acquiring a potential UFA who could walk. Or we could sign the following off-season.

That roster is tough, but who is going to score? Domi is a gamble. DeBrusk is a gamble. The D is all shut down guys except for Chychrun. I'd keep Keller and his 60 point pace over Domi who seems to be a head case. Loved him here but he's been on 3 teams already, and his production might be the most inconsistent I can remember. Need more scoring production not less.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I agree, but I want a first for Kuemper or I keep him.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Glad you’re amused. Are not Barzal and Aho in the top 10 for their positions in the league? No? Then no. Nuh uh, no way.
Just going on points only, Aho is 30th and Barzal is 34th. Would you trade Chick for either of those two? Don't forget, both players have played a high level for multiple years, and this is Chick's first year where he has shown 1st pairing talent.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

Trades:

UFA:
1. A. Larsson 4yrs, 5aav

Domi-Dvorak-Garland
DeBrusk-Schmaltz-Kessel
/Hayton/Foudy

Chychrun-A.Larsson
Lauzon-Ristolainen
Oleksiak-Goligoski
Provolnev-Soderstrom

Hill
UFA
That D is AWESOME!

Not so excited about the forward group. If Domi is the 1st line winger the team is in trouble still. Rather keep Keller.

rt

May 13, 2004
That D is AWESOME!

Not so excited about the forward group. If Domi is the 1st line winger the team is in trouble still. Rather keep Keller.
If I’m BA, and Jarko randomly called me up and put Foudy for Hayton on the table, 1:1, I really might do it. People who are focusing on Domi in this proposal are looking at the wrong piece.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
If I’m BA, and Jarko randomly called me up and put Foudy for Hayton on the table, 1:1, I really might do it. People who are focusing on Domi in this proposal are looking at the wrong piece.
It's the same thing for me. It makes our lack of scoring situation worse. I'm only trading Keller if he's part of package deal for someone better. Like Keller+Hayton for Tkachuk.

We have struggled for years to have 1st line players who can put up 60+ points. We shouldn't be trading them now that we finally have them. We should build around them.

Reactions: Mosby and Jakey53

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
But you traded Keller not Hayton?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Just going on points only, Aho is 30th and Barzal is 34th. Would you trade Chick for either of those two? Don't forget, both players have played a high level for multiple years, and this is Chick's first year where he has shown 1st pairing talent.
Points don’t make up enough of the story, I agree. Still, I’d keep Chychrun. A top NHL offensive D who doesn’t need protection in his own zone is worth an awful lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad